• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Patch, little-no tolerance

mikeyboy1681

Greenlighter
hello people, i'm a long time lurker and a brand new poster, i come here because i haven't been able to find a good answer anywhere
pertaining to my certain question, someone i know has obtained a Fentanyl 25mcg transdermal patch, they do not have much tolerance to opiates,
(20 mg hydrocodone will get them a good high), my friend was told the best way for him to take it would be to just apply the patch,
and if it became to much to remove it, my question is how safe is this? with fentanyl being one of the most superior per dose opiates on the market.
what is the safest / best way for them to go about using it ?

Safest way to use it is as intended. Remove it once you start feeling the effects, especially if you aren’t familiar with the effects from fent.

If you’re concerned dont use it alone, make sure someone is there who knows what to do if you nod off. Having narcan around would be ideal.

Probably not going to OD if you apply it like normal and take it off once you’re high, but it is still essential to tread with caution as you are.

how long would the high last if he were to take it off when he started feeling high? should he take it off as soon as he starts to feel the desired effect, or should he take it off when he is at his peak comfortable high?

try not to get in trouble legally if friend overdoses. Prob the best harm reduction advice for you.

yes but i'm asking for good and safe dosing as its a very powerful substance, not worried about getting in trouble tbh.

It's not his to be safe... It should release for 3 days wearing it... If you feel too much take it off and make sure you have narcan around in case you pull it off too late. Keep a few mg of narcan around. You can use clear adhesive to reattach it, but I don't know if it will still release or whatever.

Avoid exposing it to heat while on your skin (shower, dryer, etc) to avoid dose dumping. You'll likely just be extremely sleepy for 3 days.

how long would the high last if he were to take it off when he started feeling high? should he take it off as soon as he starts to feel the desired effect, or should he take it off when he is at his peak comfortable high?

It would last the same amount of time it would if you took it via another ROA more or less. Depending on your tolerance, that is like 4-8 hrs. Closer to 4 than 8 tho.

Leaving it on once you feel high will not really extend the high, more get you higher. You can always put it back on (just try to store it properly in between uses so it doesn’t dry up) once the effects wear off if you want to get high again.

When I was on Fent they started me on 12.5 which did near nothing. they bumped me up to 50mcg Which only worked for 2 days. Everyone has different tolerance. I would stick to the safe side and take what you know. It gets hot where I live and I don't have time to take the patch off once it starts working. I would get too slow and noddy to remember take it off. So be real careful.