• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Tapering off neurontin, need a little more info.

Pyrogrl81

Greenlighter
I've been doing a lot of reading concerning tapering off neurontin. I know that I definitely need to do this slowly, right now I'm down to 1200mg a day, one 600mg pill in the morning and one before bed. I tried just doing a half at night and still went into withdrawal. From what I've read you should taper about 100mg at a time so here's my first question, and yeah might be stupid but anyways: how am I supposed measure 100mg off of a 600mg pill? Next question(s) is about the withdrawal and magnesium: how much magnesium and how often is needed for the amount of neuro I'm taking? Does it really help with withdrawal? If you're tapering do you need it at all?
Thank you all in advance, I'm new but have been a long time neurontin abuser and I'm sick of it, I don't want to have to take this shit every day anymore, I get it on the streets and I'm so tired of having to find it and panicking when I can't, then having to pay a bunch for it. I'm just done, I got myself off perc 30s only to become addicted to this stupid stuff that I originally thought was non-addictive to help with the withdrawal. Stupid doesn't begin to describe how I feel about becoming addicted to this.

Simple answer: open the capsule and pour the contents on a plate and then divide it into six equally big lines.

Less simple answer: buy a milligram scale and measure the contents and divide it by six and then measure out the amount of result.

Milligram scale. The powder in the 300mg capsules tend to weight 400mg on the scale. I've always reduced my dose this way while saving the powder in empty capsules to make my own 150mg and 75mg capsules.

If you have the big white 600mg ones then just slice the 1/2's in half with a razor blade to make your 150mg's and so on.

I've heard of people using magnesium to aid with opiate withdrawal. It's said to help with cramps and muscle spasms so may be worth a shot. You shouldn't need more than 1,000 mg. I take it you have the gabapentin 600 mg tablets which are hard to divide further than halving. Can you ask your doctor to prescribe you the 100 mg capsules? That way you wouldn't have the hassle breaking open the larger capsules to measure.

Gabapentin withdrawal is so bad. I tries to quit and could not stand the gross feeling of discontent. I uses it to quit benzos and little did I know I was trading a horrible addiction for another horrible addiction. I started using phenibut to aid in the gabapentin withdrawal and now find myself in an even worse position because I could not control my use. Now I am tapering the phenibut and also still taking gabapentin to aid in the phenibut withdrawal. My gaba b reveptors hate me and are making their presence known. Sleep is nearly impossible.

I do think chelated magnesium can help. Also l-theanine. For me it has been back and forth with these drugs and I am done with them. Don't care how much it hurts.