Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

mood stabilizers and molly

squirrel_girl

Bluelighter
hi,
asked a similar question about acid, but wondering if anyone knows if i can roll while taking wellbutrin and lamictal. i have bipolar disorder if that makes a difference. is it safe/ anything i should know?
i wouldn't roll until i was stabilized for sure. just wondering if this combo is a Super Big No like ssris and molly.
Thanks

SSRIs and MDMA are not a big no-no, you just won't roll on them. SSRIs completely block the effects of MDMA, or at least to such a degree it is not worth rolling anymore. MAOIs on the other hand, that class of anti-depressants can be deadly when combined with MDMA. Bupropion I have researched in combination with MDMA before, since I did a short try-out with it a few years ago and as far as I can recall it is not advised to roll on it though it will probably not kill you. Lamictal I have no idea about. In general I would not take MDMA while on an anti-depressant (albeit a light one) and an anti-epileptic drug while struggling with bipolarity. There are just too many factors that could influence your experience that make this too unpredictable to try

Im assuming mdma is metabolized like amphetamine by p450 cyp2d6. bupropion is a strong inhibitor of cyp2d6. This may cause abnormally high er levels for abnormal amounts of time.

According to erowid a common dose of mdma is 100 mg and a heavy dose 200 mg. Given the unknown purity already might make it hard to hit the right dose adding in strong drug interactions could really put you at risk of accidental overdosing.

hi not sure if anyone will see this update and ik probably not rolling is the best option but there is a festival coming up and i rly have no will power and will probably end up rolling. am i going to die if i do that lol/ how can i harm reduce

So I haven't actually started my lamictal yet, but I can speak for the Wellbutrin. I have been on a 150mg dose and a 300mg dose and have rolled at least 10 times on it with really no issue. I'm not saying that it's safe in any means, but I seem to be okay so far! I have been taking Wellbutrin for about 4 and a half months now and have had no problems with molly.

hi not sure if anyone will see this update and ik probably not rolling is the best option but there is a festival coming up and i rly have no will power and will probably end up rolling. am i going to die if i do that lol/ how can i harm reduce

You won?t want to hear this but you shouldn?t be using drugs if this is the case

hi an update: i rolled by not taking my meds for like 4 or 5 days before. It was a bad roll though so i'm not sure if that was from my brain or other stressors (because i was having other problems at the time). pretty sure the latter.
but yea probably the best move is to generally avoid molly lol which i plan to do unless something really important comes up haha

My favorite thing about harm reduction; you give people the advice they need, but they don't wana hear it so they disregard it.

"Help, I disregarded the advice of generations of knowledge, now I'm experiencing damage from serotonin syndrome! DERP!"

My favorite thing about harm reduction; you give people the advice they need, but they don't wana hear it so they disregard it.

"Help, I disregarded the advice of generations of knowledge, now I'm experiencing damage from serotonin syndrome! DERP!"

Well, some people need to find things out the hard way! Besides everyone is different so it?s not guaranteed to be bad for her or anyone else attempting it. I personally take psych meds but I?ll abstain for a week prior to taking e and I?ve been fine. Even happier the next day! I know some people get depressed but I?m just thrilled to have had a great time and no depression, only a bit sore from all the clenching. I schedule a massage the day after and that takes care of that!

Well, some people need to find things out the hard way! Besides everyone is different so it?s not guaranteed to be bad for her or anyone else attempting it. I personally take psych meds but I?ll abstain for a week prior to taking e and I?ve been fine. Even happier the next day! I know some people get depressed but I?m just thrilled to have had a great time and no depression, only a bit sore from all the clenching. I schedule a massage the day after and that takes care of that!
Is it really worth potentially harming yourself for the chance to feel good for a few hours because 'you might be different'? That's an extremely juvenile outlook in my book.

I don't believe in the widespread use of SSRIs and other related anti-depressants but if you're willing to be on them then you need to get over your desire to use serotonin releasing drugs, it's simply not safe or smart, and is ignorant of the fact that you feel you're depressed enough to take a dangerous drug daily to remedy it.

The last time i stopped taking my Lamictal i got kicked out of my best friends wedding.

I think the experience was a bad one because you abruptly stopped your meds, squirrel_girl. Stopping psychotropic meds doesn't bring you back to baseline, it brings you below baseline.

The last time i stopped taking my Lamictal i got kicked out of my best friends wedding.

I think the experience was a bad one because you abruptly stopped your meds, squirrel_girl. Stopping psychotropic meds doesn't bring you back to baseline, it brings you below baseline.
Hey, what is Lamictal and what is it for?....just that i need to go back to my doctor who almost defo wont prescribe adderall which is a scheduled drug over in UK but prozac does fuck all and i gotta stop running round my mum's house to tell her i'm about to die and shouting cunt at people who are not cunts...i should, however , have called that therapist a fat useless cunt, but my mum was there....so i just called her useless

Lamictal is a mood stabilizer that primarily works to counter depression, as opposed to Lithium which primarily works to counter mania.

a mood stabiliser sounds promising seeing as i go through various moods within an hour and can never predict what mood i may flit to from one moment to the next.....just had to leave the 'family dinner table' cos my mood was de-stabilizing