• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed for wisdom tooth pain?

nexopia

Greenlighter
Hey! So I am not a recreational user, and so sry in advance if I say something dumb lmao.

My wisdom teeth have been coming in for about 6 years (impacted) and I can?t afford to remove them. Once or twice a year they try to come in a bit, and the pain for me is almost unbearable.

I?ve tried extra strength Tylenol and Advil, but it didn?t do much. Now I?m on two t3s and a naproxen (side note: is naproxen supposed to give you a dirty feeling body high?) but I?m still in some pain. I shouldn?t have a tolerance because I never take pain medicine for anything. I once fell from the second story of a house onto a patch of ice and didn?t take any form of pain killers. So I don?t know why I still have pain on these medications.

Now I?m curious about what weed can do for me. There?s a shop up the street from me but I have no idea what to ask for. I?m nervous about having a panic attack if I do weed. When I was younger I would try it whenever someone offered and it always triggered my mental health issues (selective mutism, agoraphobia and panic disorder). That being said, I have no fucking clue what strains I?ve done because I just did whatever my friends had and didn?t even know to ask back then.

Tl;dr Any advice on what I should get for tooth pain?

Weed is not really as great as people think for pain. It's at best like a low medical dose of vicodin or something. It's better at distracting you from the pain which helps just as much sometimes.

If you really want the BEST for pain, a hybrid or indica definitely.

Get them pulled. you will be money ahead.
Like I said, I can’t afford to have them pulled. It’s $1,500 to have them removed vs going to the doctor for free to get a prescription for pain relief.

Weed is not really as great as people think for pain. It's at best like a low medical dose of vicodin or something. It's better at distracting you from the pain which helps just as much sometimes.

If you really want the BEST for pain, a hybrid or indica definitely.
Is a low dose of Vicodin better than a t3/naproxen?

I got these, not sure what dose I will need. I’m small and have zero tolerance.

hImmlLe.jpg

Like I said, I can’t afford to have them pulled. It’s $1,500 to have them removed vs going to the doctor for free to get a prescription for pain relief.

Seriously ?

Where are you at? I can get them pulled for $150.0 in USA. Are they giving you a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's tour in that price?

Seriously ?

Where are you at? I can get them pulled for $150.0 in USA. Are they giving you a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's tour in that price?
Canada, that’s why it says 19+ on the edibles (the legal age in my province). I dunno how America works but I’m surprised your dental care is that cheap when your healthcare is apparently crazy expensive. It’s the opposite here, dental is crazy expensive but healthcare is cheap.

I just googled American prices and it’s apparetly up to $1,600 for the same thing lol. Are u high rn >.>

You are missing the point.

The pain will be there your whole life. Get it extracted and you will no longer have to pay for the analgesia and can use that money to do other things.

How many months of analgesia will you pay for just to feel normal?

Do your thang you bad boy.

You are missing the point.

The pain will be there your whole life. Get it extracted and you will no longer have to pay for the analgesia and can use that money to do other things.
How many months of analgesia wil you pay for just to feel normal?

Do your thang.
You are missing the point. I don’t have the pain all the time, only when the tooth tries to come in which is once or twice a year for about a week. I also live in Canada so I have free healthcare.

im not sure why you’re so intent on telling me what the costs are when you literally have no idea. Dental is more expensive than healthcare where I live. End of story.

It will affect you in the future.

I'm 70 + y/o and did what what you are saying is better.

I spent way more in pain relief than an extraction cost. It had further effects in my health later on, too.

If you really want to go this route heavy Indica is the way to go.

Please take no offense in what I said.

PS: If you dig deeper there are always ways of lowering "internet prices". Interpersonal inquiries are worth it.

It will affect you in the future.

I'm 70 + y/o and did what what you are saying is better.

I spent way more in pain relief than an extraction cost. It had further effects in my health later on, too.

If you really want to go this route heavy Indica is the way to go.

Please take no offense in what I said.

PS: If you dig deeper there are always ways of lowering "internet prices". Interpersonal inquiries are worth it.
I’m aware that the pain will continue into the future, until they come in fully or stop trying to come in. I’ve done the math and the grand total I will spend on pain management if it continues until I’m 90 is still less than the cost of removing them. I’ve also been to the dentist and called around to find out the cheapest option.

The reason i find the things youre saying offensive is because they are. You are assuming you know more about my situation, my money, my insurance and my country than I do. Not to mention, I never asked for anyone advice on wether I should remove my teeth or not. I am here, in a WEED forum, for advice about weed. Not advice about dentistry or money.

Youre pseudo attempt to claim you didn’t mean offense was followed up with MORE of what I’m saying I don’t want from you, advice on prices of dentists. You are not even from the same country as me, let alone familiar with prices of dental work in my province or city. You also don’t know how much it costs for me to get pain medications, including medicinal marijuana.

we love you anyways

did you notice that Indica leaning is where you are looking for?

I really wouldn't go with the insulting people. He offered advice, unwanted or not, if you don't like his advice ignore it.

an indica wax of sorts ;) not only will the pain be duller but youll be high as can be , win win :p and for the anxiety dont think about getting anxious !! id try watching your favorite movie or tv show imo the office is a great show to watch while high

I have anxiety disorder too man, im lucky to have been able to try a fuckload of strains. I'd recommend white widow for pain, it's unbeatable. It perfect for headaches and hangovers no matter how severe. I find it to be more medicinal and it never amped me up. GSC[girl scout cookies] is one thats gaining a lot of praise lately for anxiety/ptsd/pain too. I'd just get them yanked, who cares? Nothing to fear, plus youll most likely get a nice opie script for a week, bonus!