• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone dosage

OpiItch

Greenlighter
I?ve used this forum for a long time, and I decided to make an account to ask a question. My bad if there?s another thread on this, I haven?t come across if if there is.

The last 2 times I did opiates I did 45mg of oxy. This was about 3-5 months ago. I?m wondering if this 50mg of hydrocodone I have would be enough to use after takin a break.

If not, I?ll just save it. But I?m also gonna smoke if that helps any.

Thank you

(moving to BDD) Hi and welcome to Bluelight! Oxycodone is a bit stronger but you didn't say if you've ever used hydrocodone before. Since you've gone at least three months since taking opiates, 50 mg can pack a punch especially for a novice. Which formulation do you have- is it syrup, hydro alone or 5, 7.5 or 10 tablets with acetaminophen? You don't want to dose too much at once if they contain acetaminophen. The opioid conversion chart is posted on the top of the page but here is the link which gives an approximation so you can make an informed decision: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/564885-Opioid-Conversion-Chart

Yes 50mg will be plenty if you've had a long break or don't have a tolerance. If you are using ten 5/325 pills you should do a cold water extraction, if you are only using five of the 10/325 pills then you should be fine taking them with no extraction.

imo id be a little more cautious because 50mg could be alot for a opiate naive person, im sure 3-5 months without use is enough make you opiate naive but im not a doctor, honestly id take half that and see how you feel after 30 mins to an hour