L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Getting Laughed At

Michael_25

Bluelighter
Has been happening for a while now, with females being the main culprit. I was at K-mart earlier and saw this bitch look at me, smile derisively, shake her head left to right then look away. This pissed me off, and I wanted to throw this bitch a fuckin' haymaker and KO her. But I was in a shopping center. This, as I said, is not a rare occurrence; it happens often and in different environments. I know I'm an ugly motherfucker but there's no need to treat me as though I'm subhuman. Bitches. Would go Mike Tyson on their asses if it wasn't for jail time and all that jazz.

what people say about me behind my back is none of my business in the first place.

Has been happening for a while now, with females being the main culprit. I was at K-mart earlier and saw this bitch look at me, smile derisively, shake her head left to right then look away. This pissed me off, and I wanted to throw this bitch a fuckin' haymaker and KO her. But I was in a shopping center. This, as I said, is not a rare occurrence; it happens often and in different environments. I know I'm an ugly motherfucker but there's no need to treat me as though I'm subhuman. Bitches. Would go Mike Tyson on their asses if it wasn't for jail time and all that jazz.

How do you know they're laughing at your looks? In what way are you looking at them?
So if a girl looked at you then shook her head and giggled you would automatically assume it was a bad thing? It sounds like you need to get this under control before you hurt somebody. You sound like a threat to society in all honesty.

You sound like a delusional psychopath.
Delusional? Maybe ... at times. Psychopath? Err, no.

How do you know they're laughing at your looks? In what way are you looking at them?
So if a girl looked at you then shook her head and giggled you would automatically assume it was a bad thing? It sounds like you need to get this under control before you hurt somebody. You sound like a threat to society in all honesty.
Threat to society? I wouldn't cross the boundary and assault someone. I'm a law-abiding citizen and violence plays no part in my life. Sure, I get angry; but I don't get violent and never will unless my physical safety was at threat. And this has never been the case. My initial post was written when I was feeling pissed off. I'm actually one of the most laid back, quiet dudes you'll ever meet.

In addition, I saw a psychologist on Monday to talk about these issues (among others) and it was helpful. When you have a different person's perspective it can make quite a difference. From his experience, people are generally too self-absorbed to notice strangers out in public and pass judgment. I admit, 99% of the time I go about my business and when I think about myself only it seems to quell these feelings of being laughed at, looked at disdainfully, etc. If there are people who do judge me, it's on them. Why should I give an iota of thought to what strangers think of me? I see them once and never again; they're not part of my life. Feeling indignant hurts only one person -- me (my therapist told me this). There is truth to that. Why stay angry? It provides nothing but anguish. Instead, don't ruminate, and get on with your life. I care about my family and friends -- everyone else should not affect my thought process.

I don't think people are really laughing at you, it's likely paranoia of some sort. I always think people are talking about me too but I know they aren't really.

I don't think people are really laughing at you, it's likely paranoia of some sort. I always think people are talking about me too but I know they aren't really.
My psychologist mentioned this as well. He stated that I appear hypervigilent. And that construe any look given to me as one of disdain. He said people -- these ADULTS -- do not just look and laugh at people. He has challenged my way of thinking into a more rational one. I haven't been bothered at all, in any way, this past week. I'm implementing his recommended strategies to deal with this. And they seem to be working. Anyway, even IF these women were laughing at me, why should I care? Their bitchy attitude is a reflection of THEM, not me. I even managed to chat-up a nice girl at my local supermarket 2 days ago. Most people are decent. But you do have outliers who engage in nastiness. Well, that's their choice.

I was skeptical about the CBT my psychologist has me doing but it does actually seem to be working, since I'm applying it. Thanks for the post, Llama. :)

You sound like a delusional psychopath.

I think that is an unfair and certainly unhelpful characterization and you should think twice before making statements like this when people are reaching out for help.

I second alasdair's recommendation, it's a great book, easy to read and practical. Don't let it's deceptively simplicity fool you, your perception of the world starts to change when you really stop and think about these things.

I think that is an unfair and certainly unhelpful characterization and you should think twice before making statements like this when people are reaching out for help.

I second alasdair's recommendation, it's a great book, easy to read and practical. Don't let it's deceptively simplicity fool you, your perception of the world starts to change when you really stop and think about these things.
Thanks, Levels. I read Alasdair's link and it provided some food for thought, along with what my psychologist has recommended. Only I can effect change in my life. I need to cease the victim mentality by saying "Woe is me! Everyone looks at me with contempt!" For one, this does nothing. For two, it is detrimental to progressing psychologically. If Nutty wants to call me a "delusional psychopath", I guess he's entitled to it. But it does nothing to help me. I'm not angry at him, though. As I mentioned, anger only hurts one person: me. But I'm still continuing with counselling. It's a long road but I'm already making some progress. So, all is good at the moment. And to digress, I haven't had a drink in 7 days now.

Not to derail this thread, but I always wanted to tell this story and it kinda fits here...

A couple years ago I was walking home from work, wearing my dumb office clothes. (I worked at a big university then, so going home took down the main drag of student central.) On the street I came upon two young women (almost sure they were undergrads). They appeared to be either drunk or high, laughing and sort of dancing with a lightpost. I had a sense that this encounter might get weird. And then...

One girl looks at me, then at the other and says, in hysterics..."he's wearing khakis!" The both exploded in laughter at the fact that I was indeed wearing khaki pants.

I always thought office clothes for men are a cruel joke. That moment proved it for me ;)

It's good to read that you are getting the help that you need. Reading your first post it was pretty clear that the issue was your perspective, and not the fact that people were actually laughing at your looks. It's good to know you would never act on your thoughts of hurting others, and this was simply emotion that you were struggling at the time you made this thread.

It's easy to get caught up in moments. Our minds come to their own conclusions based on how we are feeling, not necessarily on what is actually taking place in reality. I doubt Nutty meant any harm when he made the post. He was just concerned for whoever you were referring to in the original post as was I. This is why it's important for people having these thoughts to seek out help from professionals or someone they are close to. If we don't ask for help when we need it the end result could very well be lashing out and hurting ourselves or others, especially when that emotion taking control is anger or resentment.

It's also great to hear you had a positive experience talking to a nice girl at the supermarket. Build on this experience and try to challenge yoursef by throwing yourself into similar situations that at one point in time you may have been uncomfortable in. I think you will find it gets easier to handle every time. And who knows? You just might meet someone who ends up being in your life forever.

This pissed me off, and I wanted to throw this bitch a fuckin' haymaker and KO her.

In my boxing days, a 'haymaker' was considered a wild and inaccurate shot. What you really want to do then, is give her a straight right to the jaw, and then an unexpected left uppercut.

..If violence was an answer which, of course, it isn't.

As many have said, this maybe your perspective rather than people laughing at you.

In my experience, if anyone is to make fun of your appearance... it's because they have issues of their own which they cannot handle. Rather than, eh, beating them senseless.... best to be the bigger man and acknowledge their shortcomings...