• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who Else Here Likes Vodka? For The Taste?........ And Obviously Other Reasons

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I drink pretty much every night though, pretty much without exception. Though, there are occasional exceptions, but they are rare. In general, for me anyways, vodka doesn't have the fiendishness of drinking beer after beer........ when I drink beer, sometimes after I've already had as much or more than I should I'll want another. When I drink vodka, I just drink a wine glass with a beer as a chaser. And that's it. I have no interest in more. Obviously, it could be different for other people though. I usually drink like 5-6 ounces of it a night along with a 24 ounce Foster's or similar ABV beer for a chaser. Pretty good.

I never mix my vodka with anything. I always drink it straight, never even as much as mix ice in it. Mixing anything in it ruins the flavor. I drink it straight, usually just pour my 5-6 ounces in a wine glass and sip my vodka over the course of an hour or so like a glass of wine. Anyone who says that vodka has no flavor is either an idiot or never drank vodka straight and drank different brands straight. Sometimes, I put it in the freezer. That enhances the "body" of the mouthfeel of it in a pretty nice way. Though, drinking it without putting it in the freezer allows you to appreciate different aspects of it flavor wise. I also find that it is a more clear-headed buzz than drinking large amounts of beer. Until relatively recently, I used to just drink loads and loads of beer...... until I discovered vodka. Not discovered lol, I mean I had it before for years before but never fully appreciated it. All in all, it's a misconception that "switching" from beer to vodka=drinking more. Maybe for some. But I used to drink like 4 8.5% beers (equivalent to like 1.5 to 2 shots of vodka, depending on the proof) and nowadays, I'll have one of the same beers as usual to enjoy my craft beer as a chaser and also just to enjoy the beer and instead of drinking 3 other beers, I'll have like 3-4 shots worth of vodka in a wine glass and just sip it for a bit. I honestly really enjoy the taste. There's also less hangover, and I generally feel better.

It's a really interesting and flavorful drink once you start to appreciate it for what it is. I haven't been drinking it for all that long every day, but I've always drank it. In fact, it was the first type of alcohol that I ever drank. Though, I have drank it sporadically for a while, but lately..... it's become my beverage of choice. Straight. Not like the folks that say, "Yeah, I prefer vodka. You can mix it in anything and barely taste it." No, I like it because I prefer the taste of straight vodka. As far as what types I enjoy drinking, I particularly enjoy a locally distilled brand called Bedlam. Wow, not only does it have a nice taste in general, but it also has an interesting vanilla taste on the side. Though, it's not "flavored vodka", which I don't drink as it masks the taste of the beverage itself. In my experience, Smirnoff is okay though not the best. Svedka is pretty good. It's very smooth, and I enjoy that aspect of it. Thus far, one of my favorites is a locally distilled vodka called Bedlam. This stuff has an interesting vanilla flavor. However, it is not overwhelming. It's not "flavored vodka", it's vodka that just happens to have an interesting and rather good taste. This is good, but I still prefer Svedka. Very, very smooth IME.

Anyways, apparently drinking vodka isn't all bad health wise. I found an interesting website that has taught me some rather interesting health benefits of the beverage: https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/drinks/a18825988/vodka-health-benefits/

I hate vodka. I think its mostly in my head though. If its the cheapest thing at the liquor store I will buy it and put it in an empty whisky bottle, and add some food coloring. All of a sudden it doesn't taste so bad.

I like vodka because it's pure ethanol mixed with pure water, or as pure as it gets anyway. In beer and wine there are loads of other compounds such as methanol, aldehydes, ketones (acetone), esters and so on. It's a dirty mix.

I don't like vodka's taste, I always mix it with juice to dilute to ca 20% ABV. It's the cleanest way to consume alcohol IMO.

Of all the alcohol, vodka is my favorite (although I dont like alcohol). I always keep a bottle of Absolute in the freezer. Use it when needed, drink only shots of frozen cold ones (very good with caviar or smoked fish that way) or as a bloody mary! :D

Also vodka is a great solvent for dissolving different stuff for volumetric solutions.

And I agree with belligerent drunk that vodka is the cleanest way of ingesting ethanol.

I agree with Volsam and B D, although alcohol is my personal kryptonite.

Vodka is my preferred alcohol. I also keep it in the freezer.

When I was younger I would gather mint leave sprigs and put them in bottles of vodka to infuse the minty goodness into it for a natural flavor taste, but haven't done that in decades.