• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Donnie Darko

edzeppelin

Bluelighter
Donnie Darko - Why does Drew Barrymores character have nice, STRAIGHT, hair. This was not a cool(even for an older teacher) style in 1988. Is it laziness? Or Drew saying NFW are you putting me in a BIG HAIR wig?

I'm not trying to be a dick by asking this, I promise-

Donnie Darko is nonsensical and riddled with plot holes, why the fixation on Drew Barrymore's hair?

For the record, I thought it was entertaining. The plot doesn't need to be airtight for me to enjoy a film but there definitely wasn't enough information given in the movie for Joe Everyman (me) to fully understand what the hell was going on.

Then again, I've never seen the Director's Cut which apparently addresses many of the films flaws.

Also, I love that Seth Rogen is a bully in this movie. Makes me chuckle every time.

Donnie Darko is nonsensical and riddled with plot holes, why the fixation on Drew Barrymore's hair?

Yes , true. Her hair sticks out like it was from another time. I agree, good flick, I will not get stuck on the details!

I thought this was a okay movie, i liked the second one better because it had hot chicks and mdma in it o.o

Oh god...there's a second one? Lol.

Donnie Darko has to be one of the more influential films of the past few decades. I was in middle school when it came out. People have never stopped talking about it.

Maybe there's a couple of plot holes, but I still enjoy the hell out of it. My group of friends back in the day said "Chut up!!" Instead of "shut up" for years. We weren't trying to be racist haha.

Really enjoyed it when I watched it as a teenager. I really liked it while some of my friends didn't get it. Was a cult classic imo. Mad World by Gary Jules became an instant theme in my life despite being so depressing yet so beautiful at the same time.

Really enjoyed it when I watched it as a teenager. I really liked it while some of my friends didn't get it. Was a cult classic imo. Mad World by Gary Jules became an instant theme in my life despite being so depressing yet so beautiful at the same time.

Yes, "Mad World" by Gary Jules is the best. I can't even stomach the original.

I think you have to be a bit "mad" (for lack of a better word) in order to understand Donnie Darko and that's perfectly ok. It's always been a favorite of mine.

"Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen is the song that resonates with me the most personally when thinking about Donnie Darko. Seen the movie about a hundred times. When I used to dose MXE daily I would always watch this movie to end my night. Such nostalgia <3

And let's not forget Tears for Fears. I personally think of Head Over Heels over Mad World or Killing Moon. But let's face it, they're all legendary songs.

It's cool how say each of us kinda have a song from the movie that we like best. Just listened to them all there and yep all pretty awesome. Who said nostalgia ? Totally feel it. Happier times. Life was much more simple and straight forward then.

I love Donnie Darko.

I don't think there's much to get. It's a time travel film. He sees what life would be like for people around him if he lives past his due date. Seeing how it would change the world so, he chooses death at his alloted time. Sorta like the Butterfly Effect. Or rather, the Butterfly Effect is like Donnie Darko.

movie was lit af. some movies you have no idea wtf it really all means, this is one of them. LOL

How can something be, 'lit af.' without knowing what it means, though...isn't that what all fundamentalist religions are based on? ;)

IS this a means of cult that will start ab=nother ideolical war ( I know fuel resources are not at stake; so its unlikely) BUT and however - the POINT presses!!!??:)