• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hi! I'm new!

srsbidnss

Greenlighter
Hello, everyone!

Long, long time lurker? 10 years or so.

I'm blind--totally--have been my entire life. Questions 'bout that ask away! i don't bite unless asked! ;)

I live in the Midwest.

This site served a multitude of purposes for me when I was younger, and still does even now. My entire family were, are users of drugs. BL has provided me with so much knowledge and insight. I am so incredibly grateful for the people whom have chosen to share their struggles, stories and tips. They have helped me help myself and my family. Thank you for that!

I transcribe for a living. i like beer, the occasional vape off an ecig. I write in my spare time, enjoy traveling, music, reading.

I hope to make new friends here!

Last edited:
Happy to see the diversity that is drawn here.
Sincerely a pleasure to meet ya.
Besides ecigs and brewski... is there any other past time you may enjoy?
Just being nosy....
Ptah
Hope to be a friend in deed.

Edit: What is the basis of your writings if this is not too forward...?

Last edited:
hi and welcome!!

I vape, I love it. I have been making my own juice. kind of like a mad scientist because I got bottles of pure nicotine, PG, VG and tons of flavors. recently made a batch of shock tarts candy, and really enjoy it because I am unable to find them in the stores anymore and when people ask me what i'm vaping I tell them, and most of them are like 'ooo cool' while others (that do not understand) give me a hard time about vaping while they hit their cigarette.

So question, how do you get around? like do you have a dog? how do you read words on the screen? anyways, glad you are with us =)

Hi there, thanks for the welcome, PtahTek!

I enjoy a great number of random passtimes. Accents, languages (though I only know various Quebecois swearwords), sports, coffee, ice skating, playing blind hockey (honest to God it's a real thing), learning, music--I've an affinity for foreign rap, rock, trance, jazz. I'm a quirky nerd, I think. :D

Not too forward RE: my writing. I'm trying to worldbuild/character develop two characters I've held in my head since highschool. That was over 12 years ago now. I am still falling very, very short, as I've aWord doc that's nothing but half completed scenes, too much smut for my own good and half-formed ideas. It is my labor of love. So too, are the muses, I think.

Other than that labor of love, I dabble in poetry and short stories. It's cheap therapy for me.

Hi, D's! Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a menthol person. never could get into the candy flavors, but now I would really, really like to munch on a pack of Sweettarts ;)

I use cartos for the time being. I don't vape on a consistent basis. I owned a Kanger tank for a while but the filling was a pain, and I would always get drip-back in my mouth and I just didn't really like the feeling of suboming. Some of it was due to my ineptitude, though. I admire those who have turned it into a hobby.

I use a cane. I had ambulatory vision up until 18 so I could see shadows of objects, people, light, dark. I did not rely on it to get around in school, though or in any crowded situations. I went through orientation and mobility training when I was a child to learn how to navigate with a white cane, learn how to cross streets safely, read traffic patterns audibly, etc, etc.

My computer talks to me. There's a program that essentially reads back what is displayed on a monitor in a synthetic voice. I use headphones though, I'm not trying to hear that shit on speakers all day. :)

Not everyone does this, some use Braille displays (apiece of machinery that translates the text into Braille) hooked up via USB or Bluetooth, others use iPhones, Macs. Tons of ways, really.

Thanks for that insight, that's always interested me.

Welcome to bluelight, glad to have a new member.

I'm from the Midwest too, st louis to be exact.

What's your drug of choice?

No kidding, eh? ST Louis metro here too.

Don't really have a DOC per se. I like beer, wine, a bit o' nicotine.

Looks like ya made a new friend btubs&srsbidnss! =)

Small world huh. Can't beat good old stl beer lol.

Agreed! I am partial to Urban Chestnut's Fantasy Land. Lived out in Cali for a while and got a taste for IPAs. Came back, thought I'd never find good ones like that here. I was wrong.

Last edited: