• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I have terrible fear of taking baclofen and it causing bone chilling panic attacks

Deioflaje

Greenlighter
How often would it have to be taken to induce panic attacks on cessation?

I never take any drug daily or even two days in a row now days and would plan to only take it 1-2 times a week. I know they say it shouldn't produce withdrawal from that but I get scared just thinking of how it could induce panic. I mean would the anxiety be relative to the usage. Such that it would not induce full blown panic attack status on quitting.

I know yall say 2 times a week is safe but I always ruminate on what if and get into anxiety just thinking about such things. I read how people with anxiety end up slavishly addicted to gabaergics because they already had anxiety issues and so if they try and get off them they get anxiety 100 fold worse or whatever so can't ever get off them. Should that only apply for daily users over extended periods.

I've read quite a few reports of panic attacks from stopping phenibut after only 2 times a week schedule. I don't ever want to be where I would have to taper something because what if the taper were not there. I baclofen more lenient? I know they say so generally. and also shorter half life.

The one time I tried it the duration was just right- ~4-6 hours I would not want to redose as that is ideal kind of duration for me.

I just get so scared thinking that if I didn't realise I had a dependence and getting stuck without somewhere like out in the countryside and then the earth started cracking under the feet. But I would never take any drug two days in a row and certainly longer to be sure but until I am comfortable and have tried a drug a few times I run these what ifs over in my head constantly.

Kratom I could always say to myself the withdrawals won't be so bad anyway so I experimented taking less days off in between and have got mild withdrawals from it a few times but they were like people said nothing to concern yourself with but gabaergics sound just terrifying so I am so scared to even think of how bad they would be.

It’s impossible for us to say for sure because everyone responds a little differently to drug use.

That said, it would likely take considerably daily or even longer weekly dosing to has this kind of withdrawal, but lots of stuff could play into it. It’s more of an issue with baclofen than gabapentin from what I hear, but I’ve never heard from anyone who has problems getting off baclofen who wasn’t using it for a significant period of time at significant dosages.

How have you been taking baclofen?

Has this been an issue with any other gabaergics?

It also depends on the person and their general mental stability. When I was given it during a time I was not that stable and ended up trying to cut my wrists the first time after 3 days of gabapentin, which they gave me because I didn't get any relief from baclofen and had rebound effects from just a couple doses, which likely triggered suicidal ideation at the time.

It?s impossible for us to say for sure because everyone responds a little differently to drug use.

That said, it would likely take considerably daily or even longer weekly dosing to has this kind of withdrawal, but lots of stuff could play into it. It?s more of an issue with baclofen than gabapentin from what I hear, but I?ve never heard from anyone who has problems getting off baclofen who wasn?t using it for a significant period of time at significant dosages.

How have you been taking baclofen?

Has this been an issue with any other gabaergics?

I have never messed with gabaergics for the same fears I have here, although I have on occasion taken benzoes when I used to take stims on the comedown. Never had issues but I was so afraid of addiction just from even taking them for the night of the comedown I would not be able to relax due to worry.

I haven't taken it yet. I did try it once a month or so ago though and then threw it away from worry. However that one dose I had only ~5mg and it seemed very effective- I think a dose that around there would be fine for my purposes. I am looking to use it the similar way others use phenibut - as an anxiolytic/sedative just now and then to stop ruminations like what spurred this post :). And also as an acute antidepressant to swap between kratom - the latter which works good but tolerance makes it ineffective. I thought switching between the two would avoid tolerance to either. I prefer taking things sporadically rather than taking anything daily like antidepressants. Just hate the idea of having something in the system 24/7. My kratom usage has worked very well in this manner except for the tolerance which is why I look for something similar to switch between. Also kratom is crap for me socially and the gaba Bs sound very good in that area at squashing the mental chatter talking you out of doing things.

Even though phenibut and baclofen are essentially one molecule away from being the same drug, that very slight tweak in chemical structure makes a lot of difference.

I have an abundance of experience with both. I became fully dependent on phenibut, and it happened very easily. However, I periodically get baclofen as well for back spasms, and have taken it daily for weeks at a time with absolutely no discomfort upon cessation.

I?m not saying everyone can do the same. But just because you read the horror stories about phenibut dependence/withdrawal does not mean you will end up in a similarly precarious situation with occasional baclofen use.

Here's my two cents: I go back and forth taking baclofen for days and then not taking it and have personally never, ever noticed any withdrawal symptoms at all.
I didn't even know baclofen withdrawal was an issue until recently.

That's just me, of course.

Edit: this leads me to believe that it would take me more than a few weeks of daily use to get into withdrawal territory

Last edited:
i have been taking it daily (15mg total ) for severe neck spasms for the last few months. I am worried about coming off, I will let you all know if it ends up being bad, I'm planning a slow titration.

i took 30 mg baclofen daily for a couple years with zero withdrawals on cessation.

i have been taking it daily (15mg total ) for severe neck spasms for the last few months. I am worried about coming off, I will let you all know if it ends up being bad, I'm planning a slow titration.

15mg for a few months shouldn’t be horrible, but it’s good you’re planning to taper. Take it slow, you’ll be fine. If you’re really concerned try switching to something like diazepam and doing a slow taper on that. Not super necessary, just to point out you have options.

Let us know how it unfolds :)