• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

lsd, lamictal, wellbutrin

squirrel_girl

Bluelighter
Hi,

(couldn't find anything on this combo, lmk if it's a repeat and i'll delete)

Recently diagnosed w bipolar. Just started on lamictal (already feeling better). I've tripped on wellbutrin before but just wondering if anyone has experience tripping while taking lamictal, or while taking lamictal and wellbutrin together (seems to be a common combo). Is it safe/ a bad idea? Are there altered effects? Anything else I should know?

(also def not going to trip while depressed or really manic and probs won't trip until i'm more stable)

thanks in advance

I couldn't find any negative interactions between lsd and lamictal when i searched. Sounds like it might blunt your trip a bit though.

Considering atypical antipsychotics used for bipolar disorder may be 5ht2a and d2 blockers and lsd may be 5ht2a and d2 activators, i am no doctor but id imagine taking lsd could trigger a bipolar episode.

There are a lot of roadblocks for you ahead in determining what will work for you. LSD-25 (Acid) is not a drug that has been exposed to extensive research and study as of late in the same way that other drugs do. So, we don't have a lot of information to go on. I'm with falsified in that I can't locate anything explicitly stating these drugs are dangerous in concert, but due to the semi-dubious nature of LSD-25 and its interactions with other drugs, take it all with a grain of salt.

As far as the subjective effects are considered, the proverbial ball is entirely in your court. I can't think of anything more difficult to quantify or define than a psychedelic drug experience. You totally have to make you own decisions and you can't rely on others' descriptions of their trips to inform you of how your's will go.

From a Harm Reduction perspective, I make the educated guess that the combination is fine. I still think that you shouldn't be doing it man. We're all friends here and I'm not judging you, but I wouldn't be reducing harm if I didn't comment. You were just diagnosed with Bi-Polar, which I'm sure is difficult to comprehend and deal with. You also said that you have already started to feel better by taking your Lamotrigine (Lamictal). I wouldn't mess with that if it were me.

Skip this if you don't want to hear me preach, but I've met scores of addicts whom are also Bi-Polar. Drugs can be the very best or the utter worst for some of these guys. I'm not a doctor, but I do understand that managing BP is extremely tenuous and success is dependent on a variety of things, namely, taking care of yourself in a consistent way, both physically and mentally.

I can only imagine that a psychedelic trip could be negative in some way. You could have a bad trip, whic could potentially precipitate an episode. Doing the same things, at the same time, consistently is your best friend. I would, at the very least, wait until you've become stabilized on these drugs and there are no more imminent dose changes and only then should you consider experimenting with drugs.

This is all just my opinion.

i've tripped a bunch before, just not with the diagnosis, so i feel like it should be similar in terms of it not triggering an episode.
but thanks guys, i'm def gonna wait a bit more until im fully stable (probs just so anxious to do it bc im manic rn lol).

. . . Your manic rn? I thought the drugs where working. Have you told your doctor your still feeling manic? I take lithium and depakote for mood stabilization because i get severe suicidal depression. Ive never felt manic but even when i felt normal the last thing i would want to do is go to the doctor. So i can only imagine feeling manic i might really not want to go to the doctor. But, its prob better to address any issues with your meds because i stupidly would just wait till im involentary commited or in icu from a depression episode to get my mood stabilized.