• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Bad reaction with xanax + anger?

Lysergic_Dreams

Bluelighter
I do apologize if stuff has been made like this before, but i've been searching quite a bit and haven't found much.
So i came across some (heavily) presumable Pharma xan bars, about 20 of em. After receiving them, i took one and a half.
Obviously too much as i immediate black out and lose everything, my money my drugs and i woke up on the floor with my pants down.
The morning after (my memory is so blank that im going off what other people told me) I heard some news that was extremely extremely upsetting to me, i cant remember if i ate more bars but according to others i did, and good amount . I started foaming at the mouth and seizing out at some points, tried to fight my dad with a chair. i would never do this kind of shit i love my family they do everything for me, i have no idea what i became at the point i lost total control of everything. I tested the xanax with marquis (not sure if that would show anything its just the only kit i had at the time) .

It may be 100% my fault, but i guess the point of this post is the ask if anyone has had any similar reactions with xanax? this was the worst moment of my drug career by far

I've had a similar reaction with Zolpidem at stupid high amounts in poly drug combinations and have read through many accounts of RC benzo blackouts with compulsive redosing. I stay away from Zolpidem now or use it responsibly on rare occasions but you might just be hypersensitive to Alprazoplam. Of course I would also use caution with other benzos as well, being very cautious with the short acting ones.

Doesnt surprise xanax is somewhat like alcohol causing you to become dishibited which may involve Gaba receptors.

Have you ever seen cops when they toss em in the drunk tank to sober up?

Or a friend who says they wont drink too much

Then now drunk drinks himself into a stupor.

I had this problem with ambien id take it and wakeup no memory all the ambien gone.

Is hypersensitivity common? earlier i took a quarter of a bar and i was still kinda slurring my speech and stumbling. Assuming the dose was 0.5 if it was a 2 mg bar that shouldnt be too much right? is there any way i combat the drowsy/ slightly drunk feeling while still feeling the anti anxiety effects? because for those reasons they work wonders, im able to talk to people a lot more but im still mumbling like an idiot sometimes and its embarrassing

I?d be suspicious of them Xanax bars sound way to strong could be fake and someone fuck the dosage up or theirs done mad shit in them you could just be hyper sensitive but 3mg of Xanax shouldn?t black you out like that where you drinking or taking other stuff with them

I was very heavily abstaining from drinking that night and i made it very clear to my friends to not let me drink, plus the only thinng it the house at the time was 3 beeers in the fridge, i got a test kit for the xanaxs but im not sure how far that goes in terms on not detecting xanax but detecting other deadly things. They bars themselves seem %100 okay, they dont squish when i press em or anything. I know this is a post basically saying im realy bad with benzos but they work for me when they need to. i need to find a way where i can use them for their intended purpose are not be barred the fuck out in public. Perhaps you're right about them being pressed/laced, in that case i think they just try to stuff as much alprazolam in it as possible. Could i use something like volumetric dosing? I seriously have 30 of these bars, splittng a quarter fucks my speech up. I really really want this to work i just dont wana get addicted to this shit

Them not being squishy/crumbly doesn't mean much. Most fakes look genuine. Id say just put them away for a while and then take a half of a quarter. It could be a mixed batch as well they put stuff that has some effect of low dose benzo but isn't a benzo and have additional side effects. It really is dangerous af and why I don't pick up bars off the street anymore.

i have a test kit, im not sure how for it goes for benzos specifically but its marquis (maybe this just isnt the right one) but there was no color change and when consumed, i can kinda agree some may feel a bit weaker but that could just be my mind set. I have a tendency to swear im sober when im outright knocked on my ass. Should i get a different test kit? im not sure what to do as i really dont wanna throw them away as they do seem to help for my anxiety they're just a little overpowering.

there was a guide on reddit on how to make a solution to test your xanax but un fortunately with the recents bans thats gone but you could google it and try and find it, i remember it being pretty simple with stuffy you can get at the local hardware store

Yep, sounds like too much Xanax. The same thing happened to me when I stupidly took 12mg a few years ago, tried to fight my dad, actually did punch him, etc. etc.

Looking back, it wouldn't have happened had I already done the emotional, spiritual and personal work I've done now, then. And, we are where we are.

My advice is to stay away from benzos and start looking into emotional therapy. There's some strong latent anger there if it happened to you. That's how it was for me.

Yep, sounds like too much Xanax. The same thing happened to me when I stupidly took 12mg a few years ago, tried to fight my dad, actually did punch him, etc. etc.

Looking back, it wouldn't have happened had I already done the emotional, spiritual and personal work I've done now, then. And, we are where we are.

My advice is to stay away from benzos and start looking into emotional therapy. There's some strong latent anger there if it happened to you. That's how it was for me.
Thanks for the advice, im thinking that im having to start to look into therapy. i keep hoping these drugs would work for my anxiety but when i get them, i just abuse them. I'm a very skeptical person when it comes to therapy but its either that or rehab at this point in my life. Sorry for getting all deep and shit but the only reason im posting this stuff is so i can kinda let it out. Everyone thinks im just a druggy so they dont offer help when im sitting here doing drugs to combat my personal feelings. Xanax works really good for me in low doses when im in social environments, like today in class i was able to talk to EVERYONE instead of just sit in the back with my headphones on. In some ways i feel like its the right drug for me i just wish there was something a little less powerful in terms of sedation and basic stupor.

There is less powerful alternatives in the benzo realm and outside of it, such as valerian root and phenibut which I hear talked about a lot. Honestly, benzos might help with anxiety at first, but they make it so much worse later. Also I'm pretty sure a marquis isn't going to be useful as they don't test for benzodiazepines, but at least you know it's nothing they do test for. If they are fake I would bet they're etizolam which is pretty similar, though a little weaker.

I mean I guess there is a good reason people use multiple different test kits. By having definite evidence of what it's not you can kinda begin to infer about what it is. Thing is, the people pressing bars are doing it in an entirely unregulated setting. In the same bag, one bar can look identical to another but be from an entirely different source. Who knows if there is or isn't a risk of contamination or intermixing of batches or uneven alprazolam distribution amongst bars etc... could be dangerous if one is a dud and the other is 4x as strong as a authentic bar. So you could be performing testing on one pill that looks identical to another pill in the same bag, but they could have entirely different ingredients, is what i'm getting at

This has been a problem with counterfeit valium in the past around my neck of the woods. A blue can be anything from like barely anything mg-wise to 20+ mg. And this is all in the same batch. And this is with a drug that's not that popular and more or less sought out through an online prescription of sorts and not bought directly off the street, at least in the area I'm at.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, im thinking that im having to start to look into therapy. i keep hoping these drugs would work for my anxiety but when i get them, i just abuse them. I'm a very skeptical person when it comes to therapy but its either that or rehab at this point in my life. Sorry for getting all deep and shit but the only reason im posting this stuff is so i can kinda let it out. Everyone thinks im just a druggy so they dont offer help when im sitting here doing drugs to combat my personal feelings. Xanax works really good for me in low doses when im in social environments, like today in class i was able to talk to EVERYONE instead of just sit in the back with my headphones on. In some ways i feel like its the right drug for me i just wish there was something a little less powerful in terms of sedation and basic stupor.

There's good reason to be wary of therapy, most therapists and psychologists I've come across are just as fucked up as most other people, and simply diagnosing based off clinical definitions and the like. That being said, there are many skilled facilitators and therapists around the world who can really help uncover and heal the stuff within. There's no need to apologize for "getting all deep", you asked for help and many times when we need help, we can't help but be absorbed in the depths.

It's really sad to read that everyone around you doesn't offer help because they think you're just a druggie. I know what that's like, it's painful when it's you and it's depressing when it's not.

I can also relate to xanax being the drug for me, I felt the same way for a really long time. Right now it may be the drug for you. And, thankfully, there are ways to heal yourself that will lessen the need for xanax and the puzzle piece-esque fit that it has right now. It's ok, you're ok. This feels like an important moment.

And, on a more practical note, I can verify from personal experience that using benzos for anxiety in any capacity more than very minor will indeed worsen anxiety overall. Some of the deepest holes I've been in have resulted from too much etizolam usage, my usage being on the relatively moderate side of use compared to others, too.

Im curious, but why the short acting ones? could that explain why i basically went into a frenzy?

The shorter acting ones can have the most punch, whereas longer acting ones have an easier come up and fade. Not that redosing of say Klonopin hasn't happened before when nothing was felt after 20 mins. That can be trouble if one doesn't take plenty of time to let them hit. I agree that alprazolam W/D is hell as well, always taper kids.

Sorry for getting all deep and shit but the only reason im posting this stuff is so i can kinda let it out.

You are welcome to express yourself as you see fit, no apologies needed for that.
Getting it out and putting your feelings down on paper or pixel is cathartic and helpful. You should take a look at -The-Dark-Side & -Sober-Living. Both great places to talk about the addiction side of things vs the pharmacology side.

Last edited:
It's really sad to read that everyone around you doesn't offer help because they think you're just a druggie. I know what that's like, it's painful when it's you and it's depressing when it's not.

I can also relate to xanax being the drug for me, I felt the same way for a really long time. Right now it may be the drug for you. And, thankfully, there are ways to heal yourself that will lessen the need for xanax and the puzzle piece-esque fit that it has right now. It's ok, you're ok. This feels like an important moment.

And, on a more practical note, I can verify from personal experience that using benzos for anxiety in any capacity more than very minor will indeed worsen anxiety overall. Some of the deepest holes I've been in have resulted from too much etizolam usage, my usage being on the relatively moderate side of use compared to others, too.
Thank you. This is exactly what im going through and the way my mind has basically trained me to think is that i need a drug to basically function in society. A lot of this is my own fault and i really need to work on that. I'm stubborn and won't convince myself that im dependent but needing them to function in society is literally the definition, it makes me feel like a really weak person and brings be down even lower resulting in my drug using.
I've been reluctant to use these forums before because last time i tried people just basically berated me for not knowing information. but i can tell bluelight is a very supportive community. Thank you all.

Last edited:
I'm very familiar with the negative feedback loop that results from thinking about "being dependent" :\ I may have more to say later, but as of now, that's really it.

We're here for you, Lysergic_Dreams <3