• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to start methadone

Hey Alex and welcome to Bluelight! We would be more than happy to help you with your situation, but at this point, we require a lot more information. How long have you been using Heroin and at what dosage/frequency? Are you enrolling in a Methadone Maintenance Program or are you acquiring Methadone from the street? Give us some information!

^What Keef said.

BUUUUT since I just started and will end methadone quite rapidly, I'd like to be a part of this thread in case I did it incorrectly myself.

I found the pill stash I had my girl hide from me and went on a nice little bender. I told myself I need to stop and to try something new, so I picked up a 185mg bottle of liquid off the street. The close friend who gave it to me gave me this instruction-

On the first night, when I begin to withdraw from the percocet I was told to drink half of the bottle ~90mg

The next night drink half of the half ~45mg

Right now I'm on day 3, I'm not experiencing any withdrawal symptoms and I will be taking about 20mg tonight..

I've never tried methadone before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I used to be an IV user so I was really tempted to shoot it up but I really just want to stop. I hope I don't have any withdrawals from the 'done though.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you with your dosage but I will 100% be popping into the thread to see how you're progressing and how you figured out your dose.

^^

You used 90mg of methadone your first time?? That is insane. How long was this bender? 20mg probably would have kept your withdrawal at bay. maybe even 10mg. maybe even 5mg.

I see where you're coming from lemon, but bear given the information that was provided, it would seem that the dosage used was certainly nothing crazy or dangerous. At any rate, you should worry about potentially overmdedicated yourslef, so definitely see treatment if your're at all worried.

Well, depending on how much dope you're doing, 90mg might just be enough.

In a treatment center be honest with how much you use and theyll give you a safe starting dose (they are experts), then theyll increase it or decrease it based on how you feel each day. You should be able to be craving and withdrawal free for 28 hours each dose, thats how you know it is right :)

Kratom is a better option though, it will do the same thing and is fuckloads easier to get off than methadone

In a treatment center be honest with how much you use and theyll give you a safe starting dose (they are experts), then theyll increase it or decrease it based on how you feel each day. You should be able to be craving and withdrawal free for 28 hours each dose, thats how you know it is right :)

Kratom is a better option though, it will do the same thing and is fuckloads easier to get off than methadone

Yeah it is easier to get off but having to take it every few hours gets exhausting. Im getting sick of it.

You must go to a methadone clinic. There they will wait until you be turkey cold, then they give you a small dose of methadone and getting it up until you be without withdrawal symptoms