View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Effects of psychedelic abuse

Legally High

Bluelighter
There is no doubt you can trip too much. And even in moderate I?m still curious as to if it could have some lasting changes for worse after the glow is long gone. What?s your experience with doing this or knowing someone who has? You can take a look at famous people such as the Pink Floyd guitarist turned schizophrenic, and a popular guy from YouTube I?d listen to (Alan Watts maybe) that had some cool thoughts and lectures but some were tin foil hat type, obviously ridiculous theory?s. But being in a trip may be my favorite drug feeling.

Edit: why do my conjunctions turn to ? making it harder to read.

Last edited:
I think it comes down to how you much you buy into every little trippy thought you have from tripping. Grain of salt? Or life changing advice from the psychedelic gods?

Trips present a lot of meaningful information about yourself and the world around you, but they also provide a ton of completely frivolous bullshit. Being able to rationally decide for yourself whats what determines whether you end up a bit "odd". Can you just laugh at the bullshit for what it is and take it as good fun, or will you buy into it as some sort of central life creed...

I know a lot of people at my university who first year here, they try something like LSD or mushrooms for the first time and it becomes their WORLD, they buy into every single thing about it, over consume, and they just end up kinda strange; conspiracy theories, astrology, crystals, the whole 9 yards... That stuff is all good and fun, I just find that some people end up taking psychs too seriously and it kinda screws up their ability to think critically/rationally and interact with the "real" world properly. Psychedelics have certainly made me a more critical thinker, but some people just go completely off the deep end and the opposite seems to happen.

I?d tend to agree with Hilopsilo, if you start to believe some of the strange notions that enter your head that have no basis in reality you will start to look a little loony.

I think the (?) instead of other punctuation is a IOS glitch, or maybe a bluelight mobile glitch.

Turn off 'smart punctuation' in your phone or tablet settings. Should be under keyboard settings. The smart punctuation uses these fancy curvy like apostrophes that bluelight can't display properly.

Hilopsilo is on point.

In my younger days i was a quality psychedelic dealer so i stayed tripping all the time and experienced alot of what Hilopsilo said and watched many others go through it. Took awhile to get over a lot of it for me and the super HPPD/megalomania i had. some stuff stuck with me but i dont mind, it all really humbled me and have more respect for life and life without drugs.

Psychedelics have a propensity to bring underlying psychotic disorders to the surface. People that perhaps have a genetic predisposition toward a psychotic disorder are more likely to induce psychosis by taking psychedelic substances.

I think a big part of the problem with psychedelics is that a lot of people forget that they can't trust they're senses on drugs that warp them.
I've had many profound revelations on salvia, LSD, and on MXE thst have left me questioning how real sober reality actually is.... but I always retain the possibility that any revelations I have while tripping are just the drugs.
Always being partially skeptical about everything is a good way from falling prey to self delusions.

I think they should not be used out of boredom.
If they are a part of your learning or development or investigation (even into fun), then there is little chance that it will get out of hand.

anything out of boredom is already a problem

I think they should not be used out of boredom.
If they are a part of your learning or development or investigation (even into fun), then there is little chance that it will get out of hand.

anything out of boredom is already a problem

Isn't boredom often the very reason we do things for fun?

"I'm bored". "Me too" "I know, let's go do something FUN!"

I don't think that the reason for a trip has as much to with what we get out of a trip as does the person basic mental health.

I mean, I have tripped for fun and had profound insights. I have also tripped to gain an insight and not get anything but some entertainment out of it.

I would like to add that a lot of psychedelics are also TNF-a inhibitors, and very strong ones too, comparable with their TNF-a inhibition strength with prescription drugs, such as Immunoprin and similar.

The resulting effects from too much inhibition of TNF-a are:

-lowered immune system function and thus higher risk of opportunistic infections (happens a lot with frequent use of psychedelics)
-lymphomas
-demyelinating disease (starts with nerves tingling or feeling bizarre sensation of hot and cold, happened to me few times)
-lupus-like syndrom (happened to me few times)
-tuberculosis
-congestive heart failure

Psychedelics drugs are not toys and may cause heath problems for some people.

Volsam I would like to know where you found that out. I tired to write much more in this post but I?m tripping on morning glory.

Volsam I would like to know where you found that out. I tired to write much more in this post but I?m tripping on morning glory.
While most clinically useful TNF inhibitors are monoclonal antibodies, some are simple molecules such as xanthine derivatives[5] (e.g. pentoxifylline)[6] and bupropion.[7] Bupropion is the active ingredient in the smoking cessation aid Zyban and the antidepressants Wellbutrin and Aplenzin.

Several 5-HT2A agonist hallucinogens including (R)-DOI, TCB-2, LSD and LA-SS-Az have unexpectedly also been found to act as potent inhibitors of TNF, with DOI being the most active, showing TNF inhibition in the picomolar range, an order of magnitude more potent than its action as a hallucinogen.[8][9][10]
TNF or its effects are inhibited by several natural compounds, including curcumin[26][27][28][29] (a compound present in turmeric), and catechins (in green tea). Cannabis and Echinacea purpurea also seem to have anti-inflammatory properties through inhibition of TNF-α production, although this effect may be mediated through cannabinoid CB1 or CB2 receptor-independent effects.[30]

A friend of mine adores Morning glories. :D
Happy tripping! ;)

I think why Im is so curious is For me tripping is so pleasant I would Love to feel the way it feels...all the time. As someone who has been poly drugged medicated for his adult life.... tripping without weed feels very similar to the some of the same affects of weed except tripping is not paranoid I don?t feel the negative effects of dry eyes hungar sloth and anxiety. I can not longer smoke due to testing. I don?t understand why I can?t be tripping all the time. I?m going to feel very dumb when I?m not tripping reading this tomorrow and most likely edit it XD.

just like weed tho I eventually saw a feeling that I thought was everything betrays me when it?s gone