The rise in abuse of power, overstepping of bounds, and unbalanced perspectives on BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not like I post more than a few times a week. It used to be thousands iirc. Some great folks at this site, this is indeed the end. You can’t always be right, why are these same issues such a common thread? Examine the body of work, is everyone of them just making up lies to smear your impeccable reputation, or perhaps could there be blame distributed more evenly.. the latter is more than likely the truth. Just thinking out loud here, BP is beyond reproach here imho. His judgement should be valued and warnings heeded.

why are these same issues such a common thread?

the only "common thread" or "issues" is that its always the same small group of people posting objectionable content and then crying foul when the rules are enforced.

i feel bad for outing her, but JessFR is also a conservative, so if people are being banned for their views and not for breaking the rules then why isn't she getting banned too?

[video=photobucket;beatme_zpspnbbk23v.gif]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i[/video]

Maybe because I am not a sports fan...?
JK.
I can stop trying to help no more than holding my breath forever.
Maybe I need more recreational options and just chill.
Can't we all just get along?
Prolly get flamed for this last bit... lol
poYxO5G5g

It’s not like I post more than a few times a week.
right. so when you say you're moving on, that means you're going to stick around and continue to post? gotcha.

You can’t always be right, why are these same issues such a common thread? Examine the body of work, is everyone of them just making up lies to smear your impeccable reputation, or perhaps could there be blame distributed more evenly.
i'm not perfect. far from it. i can admit when i'm wrong and have done so many times. but it's not necessarily a matter of right and wrong. we just have a different perspective.

i get it. you and your friends want to be able to call people nigger and faggot and lots of other racial and homophobic terms. i think we can set the bar a little higher. we have rules - hardly the most burdensome rules in the world - and we try to enforce them. the vitriolic, hateful response to that simple effort is out of all proportion to the action itself.

His judgement should be valued and warnings heeded.
his opinion is valued. as much as anybody else's.

alasdair

Am I really a conservative though? I mean I'll freely admit to some traditionally conservative views.. But I suspect I'm in that "I'm half black and half white thus whites see me as black and blacks see me as white" situation.

That said.. Even if that's true, technically that should still work for your hypothetical, cause if liberals see me as conservative and liberals ban conservatives here, that should still result in me being banned too.

But on the other hand, it could also mean my views aren't quite the same as the people getting banned, just that there's enough overlap that it looks similar to someone who disagrees with both variations.

Not that I agree with this idea that people are getting banned for their views rather than their behavior. In truth I can't say that I know for sure one way or the other. It's just my strong impression that it's probably not true. I've still had plenty of heated arguments with mods here. And I appreciate that I've never felt at risk of abuses of power as a result. It's sadly all too common on internet communities, and bluelight is one of only a very rare few places I've not experienced it. So you can see how I'd be skeptical.

Honestly... I actually have very little idea what's going on. My best guess from a total outsider perspective, is that the lounge was given lots of leniency, grew out of control, now its being brought under control, and this cluster fuck of e-drama is the result. If so that would explain why it seems so out of the blue to me, ive never been active in the lounge.

I've browsed it a couple times out of curiosity, never had anything against it, but each time I determined it wasn't my thing. So no ill will, just disinterest.

Last edited:
the only "common thread" or "issues" is that its always the same small group of people posting objectionable content and then crying foul when the rules are enforced.

i feel bad for outing her, but JessFR is also a conservative, so if people are being banned for their views and not for breaking the rules then why isn't she getting banned too?
She’s the jeb bush to my donald trump. Liquid_method got rail roaded for wrong think. His ban was unadulterated hogwash, if I may say so myself.
right. so when you say you're moving on, that means you're going to stick around and continue to post? gotcha.

i'm not perfect. far from it. i can admit when i'm wrong and have done so many times. but it's not necessarily a matter of right and wrong. we just have a different perspective.

i get it. you and your friends want to be able to call people nigger and faggot and lots of other racial and homophobic terms. i think we can set the bar a little higher. we have rules - hardly the most burdensome rules in the world - and we try to enforce them. the vitriolic, hateful response to that simple effort is out of all proportion to the action itself.

his opinion is valued. as much as anybody else's.

alasdair

His opinion should be held a bit higher imo. I’m not homophobic, racist, or any of the rest of it, but humor was a large part of the lounge and censoring/putting it to the standard of what a blue haired San Fran feminist considers offensive is what killed it(no offense to San Fran blue haired feminists, just needed for anologous purposes). Systematically killing off the content providers of the lounge is what BPs gripe is about. I honestly can’t think of a single legit racist person that ever posted in the lounge. The Ironic is lost by you, and that’s why we are at page five of this shit show. Ftr I know why you implement the rules you did and I respect that, but I’m trying to bring some closure for all involved.

BP, time for you to step in. Your foot soldiers are falling by the wayside. What's it been now...4 days almost?

Last edited:
what's not a 'legit racist'? somebody who posts hateful, racist content but isn't actually a racist irl? lol.

losing all that content was a good thing, even if it means traffic has dropped off (which is has and which we're perfectly happy to state regardless of the lies).

it must be awful that you and your friends can't call people nigger and faggot on bluelight any more but life is hard. and if i had to do it again i would.

alasdair

JessFR, you are a valued CE&P contributor. Full stop. You are capable of making intelligent arguments with civility.

I share beliefs with libertarians (a lot actually), standard conservatism, and liberals. It's just easy to ignore things like that and name us conveniently.

And I have no idea why CE&P always is microscrutinized, but it is.

Last edited:
If this was at all a serious issue for B_P, a series of responses would be posted by now.

It's irresponsible to start a thread of this nature and leave it unattended.

If one doesn't have time to do so, then one should wait until they do.

Actionable, useful items to improve BL in a positive way are what I want to hear. No vague gibberish. Let the alchemy commence.

Last edited:
what's not a 'legit racist'? somebody who posts hateful, racist content but isn't actually a racist irl? lol.

losing all that content was a good thing, even if it means traffic has dropped off (which is has and which we're perfectly happy to state regardless of the lies).

it must be awful that you and your friends can't call people nigger and faggot on bluelight any more but life is hard. and if i had to do it again i would.

alasdair

The policy is much more comprehensive and nuanced, as you know. It’s not just “faggot” and “nigger” that got you banned. The list of words and thoughts is endless. I’m not even gonna debate you on this, the humorless sjw VS regular people, is a battle going on all across the inter webs and college campuses across the country. I’m good with it, just be honest about it. When ‘faygo’ ‘esl’ ‘soyboy’ etc are all on this list, mind you the list “doesn’t exist”. Ftr I’m good with the rules too.
And

...the humorless sjw VS regular people...
yep. that's it exactly. nuance is dead.

for someone who doesn't want to debate it and is done for good and moving on, you sure are posting a lot... but i'm good with it. just be honest about it? :)

alasdair

She’s the jeb bush to my donald trump. Liquid_method got rail roaded for wrong think. His ban was unadulterated hogwash, if I may say so myself.

His opinion should be held a bit higher imo. I’m not homophobic, racist, or any of the rest of it, but humor was a large part of the lounge and censoring/putting it to the standard of what a blue haired San Fran feminist considers offensive is what killed it(no offense to San Fran blue haired feminists, just needed for anologous purposes). Systematically killing off the content providers of the lounge is what BPs gripe is about. I honestly can’t think of a single legit racist person that ever posted in the lounge. The Ironic is lost by you, and that’s why we are at page five of this shit show. Ftr I know why you implement the rules you did and I respect that, but I’m trying to bring some closure for all involved.

Why don’t we let BP speak for himself, yeah?

Because if this thread has anything to do with anything it has to do with me calling him out on some issues a number of us have been trying to work on with him for some time now.

Considering when BP created this thread, what it’s most likely about is him feeling shat on because he refuses to acknowledge his role in recent staff drama. By shat on I mean singled out and ignored.

Thing is, the issues he has been involved with, it isn’t just his fault. It has been a number of staff getting into, and as they say it takes two to tango. The issue is that other staff members have been willing to chill the fuck out and move on, whereas he seems to be struggling with it. In fact he only seem to recognize his role narrowly in terms of being victimized.

I got frustrated with him, angry to the point I stopped being my normal mature self and confronted him in a less than skillful way about the issue of him refusing to up his game, make some effort to stop being what I called divisive. Confronting him was obviously a mistake, but you will note I stepped up and apologize for as soon as I realized how he must have experienced our interaction.

Confronting him about that in the frustrated way I did was not wise, but hey I never pretended to never make mistakes. Anyways, that’s some background on what was going on just prior to this. I understand where this thread is likely coming from, BPs frustration.

What I dont understand is what this thread is about. I am looking forward to him informing us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m exaclrg right though. Just go through BLUA infraction histories, the list of banned things is literally endless. All at the quest of being ‘just a decent person’. Most comedians have a bit on this, at this point, there is a reason they won’t go to colleges anymore. And there’s a reason the lounge is deader than words. Just own it, and don’t place the blame on others. I still literally can’t think of a single lounger that held hate in their hearts for any race, gender, or sex.

Last edited:
I?m exaclrg right though. Just go through BLUA infraction histories, the list of banned things is literally endless. All at the quest of being ?just a decent person?. Most comedians have a bit on this, at this point, there is a reason they won?t go to colleges anymore. And there?s a reason the lounge is deader than words. Just own it, and don?t place the blame on others. I still literally can?t think of a single lounger that held hate in their hearts for any race, gender, or sex.

That was a lovely disconnected series of ideas.

I would prefer it if you would discontinue posting disparaging things about Words. People can post their creations and ideas there, discuss literature, and this does happen.

I don't see you contributing, at all, or reading or discussing any intellectual ideas or books in Words.

I’m exaclrg right though. Just go through BLUA infraction histories, the list of banned things is literally endless. All at the quest of being ‘just a decent person’. Most comedians have a bit on this, at this point, there is a reason they won’t go to colleges anymore. And there’s a reason the lounge is deader than words. Just own it, and don’t place the blame on others. I still literally can’t think of a single lounger that held hate in their hearts for any race, gender, or sex.

it doesn't matter what's in the hearts when it comes to infracting. It's what's in their posts.

and trying to tie this to the free speech thing on college campuses is a bit of a stretch. But I understand alt righters have to tie a bunch of unrelated shit together in order to form their conspiracy theories.

I know I don't know much about the in depth context here, so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

But if the problem was that the lounge was behaving in violation to the rules, and someone or some group wanted to stop that, was there any reason the problem couldn't be solved by splitting it into two lounges? One, the public official lounge, that follows the BLUA. And another, more private lounge that has its own more relaxed rules?

This private lounge, whatever you wanna call it, you could perhaps make it invisible to unregistered users and greenlighters. Anything violating the rules of the public lounge could be moved to the private one.

I dunno, it's just a thought. I can see the obvious reasons it would he unappealing. It would increase the workload for something that's supposed to be the off topic section of the forum to start with. I just can't help but read this thread and feel sad at how it feels like a small scale version of all the problems with human society ever. The inability for different human groups to really understand each other.

I guess I can't help but feel sympathetic to what both sides seem to be saying.

No, the issues behind this thread are not TL. Droppers et al decided to make this about TL. Maybe BP has been strategically waiting to see how shit would develop before sharing his thoughts, maybe not.

BP might choose to make it about TL now thanks to droppers influence, but this thread comes as a direct response to staff like myself trying to get BP to stop inflaming passions unnecessarily and starting drama in the staff forum.

I mean, I’m sure TL is part of it somewhere, but I can say with fair certainty this comes as a result of him feeling victimized by staff for not acting professional - behavior he has justified as sticking up for himself, defending his value not to be criticized. He has made sticking up for himself (as he describes it) incompatible with role on staff.

It’s frustrating for me because I do not want to lose him as a staff member - he has done a lot of good work for the site in TL. But he making it impossible, so he needs to figure out what he really wants. To “stand up for himself” or to be part of a team.

But now I have totally digressed, and now I’ve probably provoked him with slightly confrontational post. Then again, he seems the way to deal with this is to levy serious accusations against staff, so it isn’t like he is any better. Drama drama drama.

Let’s see what he says.

Thanks for your contributes Jess, I can only imagine how weird this must be for someone who has no idea where this is coming from or isn’t intimately involved with efforts to discredit BL (that would be droppers).

Anyways I appreciate someone who clearly doesn’t seem to have a bone to pick, especially in this thread. It’s so fucking irritating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jess...all they were asked to do was to refrain from using racist, sexist, or homophobic language. That's all. But they need that to get their thrills, so they left. No ones going to create another Lounge where that kinda thing is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.