• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Just cold turkeyd methadone 42 mg a day to zero

motiv311

Bluelighter
Opiate free for the first time since rehab 2 years ago and then 4 years before that. I don't know how or why i did it but I just went my parents house for Easter and had only 1 take home left to last for a five day trip.... by day three I was starting to feel real feelings again... by day five I was crying about everything lol.... so I saw it as sort of maybe a good opportunity to quit since I had started the worst of the withdrawal. I didn't sleep for eat much for about five days.... wasn't as bad as I expected honestly, pretty easy this time. I took a little speed to lighten my mood and push me through the PAWs been a month opiate free feels great!

Nice work OP!

I’m gonna move this to SL :)

OD->SL

If you really want it in OD we can move it back, but SL is a little more fitting.

congrats on staying clean from opioids for a month! the battle isnt over yet though, sticking with it is a challenge on its own. for a long time i was stuck in a cycle where i wouldnt want to use while i was in withdrawal, but as soon as that was over and i felt better i'd get cravings and go use again. its easy to think "i can use just a little bit and be ok" but it hardly ever works out that way. keep with it, one day at a time, and be careful you dont substitute one dependency for another.

Great job Motiv311. I've been using heroin on and off since 1983. I have been through 3 different Methadone clinics which I've been grateful for. I'm down to 50 mgs a day, down from 155 a day. I'm going down 5 mgs every 2 weeks getting down to 50 but now I'm going to slow it down to 3 mgs every 2 weeks. Keep-up the good work Motiv311, it's a full-time job. Respectfully, DutchRebel