Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Sevredol vs Shortec/Oxynorm

Fenty

Greenlighter
Which one do you find better?

I've just started sevredol (IR morphine tablets) 20mg over shortec (IR oxycodone capsules) 10mg and they've done nothing in comparison to the oxy even after crushing them up and downing with water

Is there any difference between tablet or capsule when it comes to high?

Morphine (and its esters) have a really low oral bioavailability. Obviously the highest is to shoot them, but if you don't want to go there, then there is snorting or liquefying and plugging them using a syringe without a needle.

Oxy on the other hand has a pretty good BA orally. But, I find that oxy isn't up to much qualitatively. Not even a rush on IV'ing, I find it bland and pretty 'meh', short acting too. Morphine gives a lovely strong rush when IV'ed, orally you'l get nothing from 20mg morphine. Morphine has an oral bioavailability which varies a bit, but its always piss poor, as low as 20% to maybe 30%, 35% would be exceptional. To put it into perspective one can buy 20mg doses of oral morphine OTC! as j.collis.brown's mixture, a cough mixture that contains nothing intended to sicken a user, and contains,as mentioned, 20mg morphine per bottle.

Those IRs, they can't really be used orally, only snorted, plugged or shot. Or of course, extracted, esterified and after being worked up, the same.

Thanks for the response mate. yeah oxy is very short acting and that does suck, also lots of nod no body high. the low BA must be why they like giving morphine here, although my GP being very hard on me compared the IR morphine to street heroin when we argued, dunno what to say to that cus it sounds like bollocks to me

DHC is the shit (prefer it to both) but GP wouldnt give that saying its bad for addiction, ironic as its less regulated and not a CD 2 or 3.

Anyone know if theres a difference between tablet or capsule in terms of oral effect for anything?

Last edited:
I find that with oxy, its only really good for maintenance purposes (as a chronic pain patient, obviously physically dependent), haven't gotten round to tinkering with it chemically yet.

Do you mean IR caps vs IR tablets? all I could think of is a very, very slight increase in onset speed, possibly, due to tablets taking slightly more time to disintegrate than a gelcap would to break/melt open. But thats probably sod all.

If its morphine IR, grind it up and plug it, if you don't want to use needles. Just make sure you don't need to drop a theresa may when you do, or your opioids might well end up sucked into a humongous turd instead of into your central nervous system.

oxy is also way more expensive than the rest of the commonly prescribed pain meds for some reason, especially ER oxycodone

Yep IR caps vs IR tablets^ so caps would give a slightly better effect? That makes sense cus some tablets take ages to disintegrate even in hot water

"drop a theresa may" hahahah. that reminds me of that scene in trainspotting. how do you plug like, how far up your ass do you have to put it with the syringe? what about smoking?

Bugger me diagonally if I know, do you really think I shove a ruler up my ass and stare into a mirror? I'd guess 'a bit past the end of a 5ml rig', as for caps vs tablets if ground up...I am guessing, is all, solely based upon the time a thin walled capsule takes to begin taking effect, vs a solid tablet needing to disintegrate. I've never taken oxy IR pills, or IR tablets, only oxycontin and IR caps, but it seems by far more logical for there to be somewhat of a delay, based on observation of the time it takes even an uncoated tablet to dissolve fully vs say, within minutes, the likes of even a thick-walled gelcap such as for example, chlormethiazole takes, and even chlormethiazole caps take a few minutes to open (one can feel it, it burns like alcohol, when they burst) and they open within a couple of minutes.

It'd take a few minutes to absorb via nasal or rectal mucus membrane, so it makes sense for a similar time through mucus membrane irrespective of location, given the multiple samples, including sublingual administration of the capsule powder contents, and the capsule walls of those things are really thick, compared to most gelcaps. So I figure out it should be a little quicker, but whether its a practical difference or not, I'm not sure. Probably, by a bit, but not by a huge deal I guess.

Last edited: