• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tell me im stupid real quick and this doesn't make sense chemistry wise.

smokeymcpot42088

Bluelighter
I just had a random thought run through my mind that since THC is alcohol soluble but not water soluble is there any chance when you already have some ethanol in your bloodstream you would retain more THC.

I am quite sure this is bullshit but if no one with the big brains minds explaining why not I would appreciate it.

There's also fat in your blood stream, THC is fat soluble.

Also, by the way, nothing is completely insoluble in anything else. When you say for example <chemical x> is insoluble in water, it's like a milligram or less per liter at room temperature, generally. For some substances that tiny amount could have a huge effect, biologically, if it were a psychoactive substance. Like carfentanil or LSD.

Not entirely bullshit. If you have an elevated alcohol level in your bloodstream you will experience faster and increased effects from THC. However, this is mostly from blood vessel dilation from the alcohol.

The maximum amount of blood alcohol most people can tolerate before serious damage or death occurs is less than 1%, that's not enough to increase the solubility of THC unfortunately.

Most THC in the blood would be bound to hydrophobic proteins I would have thought.

The maximum amount of blood alcohol most people can tolerate before serious damage or death occurs is less than 1%, that's not enough to increase the solubility of THC unfortunately.

Most THC in the blood would be bound to hydrophobic proteins I would have thought.

Hell even 0.5% is pretty much universally lethal if I remember correctly. The limit where you're not going to kill yourself with acute toxicity for sure is only like .2-.3%.

I just had a random thought run through my mind that since THC is alcohol soluble but not water soluble is there any chance when you already have some ethanol in your bloodstream you would retain more THC.

I am quite sure this is bullshit but if no one with the big brains minds explaining why not I would appreciate it.

You're not stupid it's a valid question. While the answer is "no", I can certainly see your logic. And, trust me, I have asked MUCH dumber questions myself ;)