• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Had a terrifying expierence on meth... Apparently hospital said nothing wrong?

cory1989

Greenlighter
I'm really confused right now. So I was on a 3 day binge I was being careful with my doses not taking too much drinking 2 liters of water in between doses. I was eating also... Out of no where I was eating a bagel it was 3am I stood up a rush went to my head instant horrible headache my vision went black my entire right side of my body went numb I felt my heart stopping instantly got terrified thought I was having a stroke or heart attack (I'm 28). My vision was completely black I felt my way by touching the walls through my kitchen and into my bedroom got my phone called 911 and told them i thought I was dying I was able to flush my stash down the toilet before they got there and without vision. Cause the police search your place here if you call in a
possible overdose. I get rushed to the hospital the EMT's are preparing defribulator and are talking to me saying stay with me were almost there. I go in everything is kinda foggy and they hook me up to ivs of fluid and knock me out with I believe ativan. I wake up not even sure how long after I think 4 or 5 hours and am completely fine and told nothing wrong with me they gave me a drug screen they already knew what it was anyway I told then on the phone and sent me home said all the tests came back fine said I didn't have heart attack or stroke all organs were fine also I am so confused I'm sitting here now trying to figure out how this is possible? Did I imagine all this when it happened and told 911 this in some sort of blackout panic attack where I thought this was happening but it was just in mind? I just keep sitting here how I could have possibly not had a stroke, heart attack or something there is no way I imagined it I can still feel my chest tight somewhat and the black dots in my vision that I had when I started to regain my vision on the way into the ER. So how am I possibly completely fine?? Has anyone ever heard of this before or expierenced this?? I AM SO CONFUSED!

That sure sounds terrifying. I guess that it could have been a very extreme panic attack but I've never experienced the loss of vision. Try to calm yourself now though. It will not help to be in this hyper-vigilant state. Try deep and measured breathing with thoughts to calm your mind (eg: "I have just had a complete check-up in the hospital and my heart is working fine").

Do you think this experience is enough to dissuade you from picking up meth again? Even a healthy 28 year old body can be overtaxed. Meth certainly contributes to anxiety and right now you need to be concentrating on ways to diminish your anxiety rather than feeding it.

Well I'm fine now and have no after effects from what I can tell. Im just completely confused as to what transpired. I feel like I hallucinated everything in between calling 911 and waking up in the hospital... I just don't understand man but yeah I don't really have any interest in picking up

Wow. I'm glad you're ok. Panic attacks can feel like a heart attack. I've had amphetamine psychosis which included paranoia and hallucinations. It sounds like a bad panic attack and it gets worst the more you focus on it and worry.

Don't dwell on it, learn from it. You might come to appreciate it down the road. Amphetamine psychosis was horrible at the time, but it brought a spiritual awakening. These things happen for a reason.

Last edited:
Dude I’m a nurse, Based on symptoms I’d say stroke. I’d call 911 if I felt those symptoms, even after reading your account. My problem is I can’t seem to experience the “rush” everyone describes, coupled with needle fever from previous heroin addiction and just plain addictive tendencies/ poor self control; i never give much of a break between benders, and “using it like coffee, plans to sleep at night” always ends up a bender, I end up overdoin it most of the time and paranoid, cruising sites for signs of OD. I’m hopeless.

i once lost vision and had a massive bloody nose but it wasnt meth induced. I stumbled down my hallway and fell into my bed and waited for my Then GF to get help. Her mother was a nurse and by the time she got there it had subsided. No idea what it was but its similar..minus chest pains. Glad youre okay. Stay away from the crystals for a while lol

It's been a week now since this happened. Im fine and back to normal mentally and physically. But still extremely confused about that night. But I guess it could have just been a nasty panic attack. Just seemed worse I don't know IM SO CONFUSED! LOL

It's possible you did actually lose your vision temporarily, it's often caused by reduced blood flow to your eye which also explains the rush to your head when you stood up. Losing your vision must've made the panic attack 10x worse! 8(

I once got food poisoning and lost my vision for about a minute, the effects came on all of a sudden out of nowhere. Ended up on the floor blind and vomiting but I felt completely fine again a few minutes after.

i always lose vision on MDMA and had it on really bicarby light though from reading when i got my sight back i'd guess it was cut with some sort of amphetamine. sounds scary but glad you're ok.