• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Redosing oxycodone

Mynameisbane

Greenlighter
Okay so I took 40mg orally at about 1pm, it is now 7:40pm, is it okay to redose 20mg by snorting and still feel the effects? (These oxys are the OC one so are snortable) I'm used to opiates so I'm not a newbie, I just want a more 'professional answer. Any feedback is greatly appreciated ?

You can re-dose but you may not feel the same pleasurable effects you did earlier today. Ultimately, only you can answer this because every person is different and will have differing experiences. I prefer to nap before taking another dose.

Generally speaking, with shorter acting opioids (e.g. hydrocodone, oxycodone) redosing can be done 4 - 6 hours after previous dose and effects will be received. As T said, the effects will likely diminish with each redose.

just be sure not to overdo it. I know you said you have experience, just sayin!

Real OC's are rare...
Grind it finely as possible if snorting, and remember it peaks in 10-15 minutes

every 4-8 hours is standard, 12 hours if dose is large, or if you use oxycodone rectally, you can wait (should) 8-12 hours; generally, the longer you wait, the better, unless you are a chronic pain patient, which is a different situation

Not much more can be added? Note that if you swallow OC/OP's without breaking the CR, then it can take a couple of hours for it to really kick in, and if it's a high dose, you should wait several hours; rectal is similar, though probably more reliable, especially compared to the OP's

Good point Lorne -

OP are you taking oxycontin by mouth without breaking the time release? The title says "oxycodone", which I think of as roxicodone or oxy/apap (percocet).
This is an important distinction because this would most definitely alter the duration of effects and redosing time. Though they all have the same active ingredient (oxycodone), oxycontin has a considerably longer duration of effects.

I'm from UK and over here we use the old formula, so extended release crushed = instant release

It's certainly not enough to seriously injure or kill a person with "average" physiological responses to exogenous Opioids. Take this with a grain of salt. It's very difficult to make predictions with any kind of accuracy without having more information available. If you say you can handle 40mg Oxycodone without any issue, then I would say you should not have any issue re-dosing with 20mg.

I've a lot of experience with Oxycodone. If your purpose of taking Oxi is to enjoy the high, don't re-dose or drink more than once a month. 20mg-30mg of Oxycodone will be enough to enjoy with the temporary guideline that I'm recommending.

Please enjoy opiates sparingly and don't re-dose. That decision can cost you dearly in the long run.

DocLad

Can anyone tell me the best way to get the most out of oxycodone 5 mg ir without iv....ie..snorted, crushed and swallowed etc.,? Ty. Also, I am not opiate naive and yes I know it'll take more than 1 or 2. I currently have been taking 4-6. Plus er 15 mg morphine 2x a day.

I personally like to rail half my dose and parachute the rest at the same time and use weed and gabapentin to potentiate

The half life is 3.2hours for instant and 4.5 for extended depending on peoples metabolisms.
I myself find the effectds last 2-4hours, I want to redose after 3 but always wait atleast 4.
I tend to metavbolise oxycodone fast so i do start feeling restless and stuff a full 8 hours after the dose.
I can take subutex 14hours after a normal days dosing 50mg not if ive dosed like 100mg though.