View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Any thoughts on video games on psychedelics? currently on 300ug lsd

Vexanize

Bluelighter
hey i was wondering if video games were as fun as anything else is on psychedelics, I'm currently on 300ug and having a pretty hard time typing this so, honestly idfk what im doing rn other than having fun and smiling like a dumbass in my room with my bearded dragon on my chest. It's not too bad a trip. :D

Most of the time I was doing 300 ug of LSD the letters were melting off book or my screen.

I salute you for your ability to concentrate !

im losing it pretty quickly

Fuck the power keeps going out, ive forgotten how to function

Last edited:
Halo and Fallout were fucking epic....I tried this several years ago....of course I didn't make much real game progress though as it was far too confusing and required more brainpower than an LSD-saturated head was capable of utilizing for a video game hahaha.

Of course, if you choose to do this, I'd suggest playing something that wouldn't be likely to be perceived as dark or disturbing....Fallout can certainly be these things...but the worlds (and scenery) were fucking awesome in both.

-PA

When I play on psychedelics I am better, everything slows down to the point that I can almost count the frames. I don't think someone that hasn't wasted so much time on games as myself would get those benefits. I play competitive FPS, fighting games, and SHUMPs. All of which require a lot of concentration. I'm the guy that gets accused to cheating because I shoot people through walls, on LSD or MDMA (or both) I seem to become even better at pulling off the impossible.

I also managed to win a Mario Kart tournament out of my mind on MXE. I don't know how, I kept coming to and finding I was running into walls only to come first by the end of the race. I frustrated the other people so much that everyone eventually quit. Honestly I don't find gaming that fun or interesting in that mind state, it's more just something to ground me because I'm so used to playing while sober.

Hah I was going to say fallout. I'm playing FO-tactics atm actually. Turning the tables on autocannon-wielding super-mutants with a 6-man squad (well, two of them are men, the rest bar one are women, and the last is a damn stealthy, hulking great mutant lizard (aka deathclaw) matriarch that stands taller than the armored personnel carrier, and is both lethally fast and carrying about 60-odd grenades, plus a few plasma and incendiary grenades. Mutants usually carry SAW heavy machineguns, grenades and sometimes pack real heavy weaponry like browning M2 autocannons, that the damn buggers fire one-handed like a man would a pistol. Only they try to get in range now and find themselves faced with a barrage of sniper rifle fire, burst fire from a CAWS assault shotgun loaded with slug rounds and both SAW and if needs be anything up to M2 browning .50 cal autocannon or even rocket launcher fire if needs be, plus have to face off with the deathclaw recruit, and usually the first thing a target knows about her being present, is finding themselves torn in half, gored to death on her horns through the eyes, or being pelted with hand grenades. She's a virtual ghost, even right up close, when sneaking, and is FAST, fast enough to get in, rip someone's arms and legs off then run off before anyone can return fire.

I like doom 3 whilst tripping. Dark, disturbing and fucked up, always watching for demons coming to rip off your face.

Hah I was going to say fallout. I'm playing FO-tactics atm actually. Turning the tables on autocannon-wielding super-mutants with a 6-man squad (well, two of them are men, the rest bar one are women, and the last is a damn stealthy, hulking great mutant lizard (aka deathclaw) matriarch that stands taller than the armored personnel carrier, and is both lethally fast and carrying about 60-odd grenades, plus a few plasma and incendiary grenades. Mutants usually carry SAW heavy machineguns, grenades and sometimes pack real heavy weaponry like browning M2 autocannons, that the damn buggers fire one-handed like a man would a pistol. Only they try to get in range now and find themselves faced with a barrage of sniper rifle fire, burst fire from a CAWS assault shotgun loaded with slug rounds and both SAW and if needs be anything up to M2 browning .50 cal autocannon or even rocket launcher fire if needs be, plus have to face off with the deathclaw recruit, and usually the first thing a target knows about her being present, is finding themselves torn in half, gored to death on her horns through the eyes, or being pelted with hand grenades. She's a virtual ghost, even right up close, when sneaking, and is FAST, fast enough to get in, rip someone's arms and legs off then run off before anyone can return fire.

I like doom 3 whilst tripping. Dark, disturbing and fucked up, always watching for demons coming to rip off your face.

Right? That game's the shit! Even if I did suck badly at it whilst tripping haha. Very complex, interesting, entertaining, and plenty of good sights..though very dark and grey in color....I tried and mentioned Halo because color scheme is exact opposite....extremely colorful and pretty.

-PA

My friends and I will often start or end a trip with playing mario kart or smash bros, shit gets rambunctious lol. We always get lost in finding the most ridiculous 4-letter names we can use in smash bros melee, never fails to end in tears of laugher. Never in the meat of the trip though, usually we'll take our doses, start playing smash/kart and eventually one of us stands up and is like "ooooookkkkk lets get outdoors or something", end up rolling a spliff and going to the beach/park.

As much as I love and appreciate video games, in a deep trip they feel a bit trivial and I'd rather just do something else.

I've never played Halo, but I do like the fallout series. And another game series I like, tripping or not, is X-com. Oldschool the originals like UFO defense, terror from the deep (the second, TFTD came out IIRC in 1992, although nowthere are neat mods for UFO defense and TFTD like openXcom) and then the live action or turn based per mission as desired, X-com apocalypse.

Part world management, research into captured alien tech, downing alien submarines or in the first game, aircraft only, in the second the fight is both undersea and on land, with different enemy troops to face in different environment, and different weapons to be used, such as harpoon rifles, underwater-intended heavy torpedo launchers that work like a rocket launcher, or divers carrying heavy autocannon like multi-barelled weapons that fire barrages of miniature torpedoes, either armor-piercing, high explosive or incendiary. Plus gas-powered cannons of huge caliber, firing solid bolts, high explosive shells or white phosphorus rounds which are great on land. Plus tanks, including one for land or see, firing solid slugs, and one for undersea only missions, which fires torpedoes, and later in the game, after researching a lot of alien tech and technicians, a sub-surface firing hovertank that carries 8 rounds of a programmable, AI-guided depth and direction waypoint settable warhead, which delivers a MASSIVE punch, IIRC via some sort of gravitic wave modulation, or a matter-antimatter explosion. Either way it'll punch a hole right through alien subs whilst raiding them (great tactic, never mind the doors where they expect it, blow the fucking roof and second-story sub hull in wide enough to send hovertanks with sonic cannon and armored troops with sonic pulse weaponry that tears enemies to shreds. While your best psykers hang around close by and force aliens into a panic or else to actually turn and fire on their own, to act as scouts, or fire large explosive or stunning weapons of area effect at their own and/or comrades' feet. If they have feet that is.

Last edited:
XCOM would be way too much for me to manage on even a light trip. Kudos if you can though.

Usually I'll just log into World of Warcraft out of habit. I haven't really found that games are more or less interesting while tripping, and usually my inability to focus becomes annoying. I wanna try something like ABZU on a big screen sometime though, seems like it could be cool.

far cry 5 was just fucking great, the peaceful music, the fact that there are herbs that make you trip in game, and its so beautiful and you can do anything in that game. I love it. Lol, i dont think i'm gonna do LSD for another 4-5 months or so, i almost went psychotic doing it weekly. But it was pretty fun going back to it for a minute.

Well I've been playing the X-com games since they came out. I pretty much know my way around them, by now, given they were out
early 90s. And of course expansions for TFTD and UFO.

playing overwatch on dissociatives is pretty fun, IMO. it`s pretty colourful, fast-paced and chaotic. I also think it improves my skill until the point I get too wasted. Weirdly, Ketamine is the one which I find the best, I have been able to play on it on high doses, to a point of immediately holing after stopping. However I kinda regret wasting so much K while gaming cause meanwhile I started to understand it`s effects and learned to really enjoy it while just laying down on my bed.

My favorite is "Super Smash Bros Melee". Rather than fighting, the characters appear to be engaging in a beautiful dance with one another. "Rocket league" is also a blast. Though I've never tried it, I've always thought a play through of "Ori and The Blind Forest" would be absolutely beautiful on psychedelics, or exploring the open world of "The Witcher 3".

I forgot to list some games, sorry. :)

(Twinkle Star Sprites - Neo Geo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omczIBZiE0M. It's a colorful SHUMP game that is 2-player. Watch the video to get an idea of how it works, basically everything you shoot on your side is sent to the other player's screen. They can shoot it and send it back. You end up getting into this ridiculous situation where you're constantly dodging stuff and attempting to send it back over to their side. Easy to learn, impossible to master, good for provoking bouts of laughter.

Space Channel 5 (Dreamcast): https://youtu.be/XvQ3QJs7mlw?t=34m30s

One of the first Rhythm/Dance games. This one is a lot of fun on a visual substance due to the colors. Check out the link for my favorite part of the game. It's a total trip and the music is pretty good if you're into the genres.

Left 4 Dead (PC/Xbox 360): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdAdcTR7U90

Most people probably know of this game by now. It's a co-op zombie survival FPS. 4-8 people can play and it has a versus mode. A lot of fun with friends and even more fun on LSD. Some people don't like it because there is A LOT going on at any given time. With friends it's always fun but with random people it can get frustrating. Some folks don't like horror games while tripping but I've never had a problem with them.

Trigger Heart (Dreamcast): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB_IZhptpQU

Another SHUMP game, this time a single player one. It's a bullet hell game with a great OST and short enough to play on MDMA without wasting the entire duration of the drug. I enjoy firing it up on the come-up of most MDxx substances.

That's all for now. I don't want to post a novel and honestly it's hard to list every good game I know of anyway. I'll leave you with this though: Anything from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras is a lot of fun especially if you like platforming games like Mega Man. For FPS games on PC you can find a lot of good modifications to make games like L4D even more fun. I personally like making all the zombie into teletubbies. The PS1 games didn't age too well but there are a few gems on there. A Dreamcast is a good investment because there are a ton of trippy games for it and you can try all of them for free if you have a CD burner. If you're into old arcade games you can play most all of them via an emulator or get cracked versions of new releases and run them on a Windows PC (modern arcade machines are just Windows PCs most of the time). If you plan on playing a lot of arcade games buying or building a proper joystick is a good investment and you can get a decent one for about $60-$200 depending on what consoles you want support for. Lightgun games are fun but you'll need an old CRT TV/monitor to play them on (Area 51 is always fun while tripping). Last but not least: PINBALL. Pinball is like the greatest thing ever for when you're on LSD. If you have a Pinball museum near you give it a try sometime on a low dose and you'll be a happy person I assure you!

Finally, I collect and repair old arcade/pinball hardware so if you have anything lying around that you'd like to get rid of please send me a PM. ;)