• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cant Get High--DXM

Status
Not open for further replies.

samedward

Greenlighter
Hello bluelight. I am a fairly experienced DXM user and currently cannot get high. The meds im on are abilify, hydroxezine, clonodine and mirtazepine. I am currentky on probation and would like to be able to use DXM. Im drinking grapefruit juice and ingesting DXM on an empty stomach with the exception of the juice. Any advice?

This really isnt harm reduction. However, I dont see any obvious receptor targets of those drugs that would block dxm.

Also, if they are stabilizing you given your on probation id strongly suggest not stopping them.

Certain types of grapefruit juice inhibit 2D to an extent, which would reduce production of DXM's metabolite - To what extent this would change or reduce effects, not sure though mentioning it

Dxm doesn't really get you "high" in the traditional sense, although it's subjective. Try a tolerance break, and remember pure dxm

So, unfortunately OP, we are strictly dedicated to Harm Reduction here. I understand how people can be easily confused by our philosophy, as we are a bunch of drug users, yet we don't allow discussion surrounding our recreational drug use? It doesn't make sense when looking in from the outside, but we don't allow threads that are dedicated to nothing other than the OP trying to get high. If you have concerns about the safety of what you're doing, we will always be here for you.

If you're only trying to get high on Dextromethorphan (DXM), then that is your own personal quest. If it's not working for you, then I would try to find something else to pass the time. So, if you have questions or concerns regarding the safety of what you're doing, we'll help you out, but we don't help people get high. That is their/our own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.