• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Needle is the Devil + Bluelight lunacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, did they teach you about the safety of injecting "pharmaceutical grade particulates"(whatever the fuck that means) when obtaining your medical knowledge?

much safer as generally the medication is water solouable and all the sediments sink to the bottom. Then you filter on top of that and have a nearly pure solute.

This is all anyone needs to hear to know you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about...and I see later in the thread you get defensive about your filter...but judging by what you have stated you are just using a cotton and no micron/wheel filter...good luck with that. I half expect you to say something is safe to inject because it looks clear in the barrel, lol.

edit: oh my god, I just saw the post where you are talking about sterility...I don't even know where to begin...pills aren't sterile for one, in all your vast medical training you never learned that something stops being sterile the moment it is exposed to regular air or moisture or touched by someone?...and as far as the danger of particulate goes the danger IS the particulate, not the bacteria living on them(although that is a concern as well, it is a separate one)

Last edited:
I wish I never started shooting up because now I've not been able to stop. I thought it was all exaggerations and fallacy but shooting up is a zillion times better & I need way less pills for the desired effect. I'm becoming addicted to the needle itself too, which sucks. I also prefer IM to IV, the rush is just right with this method.

As for the lunacy I've seen on Bluelight, how can ANYONE think street drugs like heroin & even worse, meth are safer to shoot than pills?? Meth especially had a bunch of acidic shit in it that's not meant for human consumption & will burn your veins/tissues all to hell. Heroin is also called junk for a reason, it's stepped on with a lot of JUNK not meant to be absorbed by your tissues.

As long as the pills aren't the kind that gel up & you filter, it's significantly safer having pharmaceutical grade particulates to deal with than that street crap. Just filter, filter, filter!

The majority of what you have said is simply not accurate. You're making really broad, sweeping statements regarding beliefs that you really have no evidence with which to back them up. It's hard for a lot of "seasoned" BL'ers to believe, but there is still quite a bit of D.A.R.E era misinformation circulating in the modern era. This idea that drug dealers want to put dangerous, harmful or deadly additives into their drugs is ridiculous and defies all logic and reason. They need their users to stay alive and to keep coming back to buy drugs. This is their business.

Unfortunately, this D.A.R.E. logic just doesn't work both ways. This "logic" states that drug dealers do not care about what happens to their customers and will gladly mix rat poison with their drugs simply to add weight. It just doesn't work like that. The customers need to remain alive for the business to keep operating.

I'm not saying it never happens, but given the fact that your statements are so broad and sweeping, it's important to make sure everyone knows that this is essentially misinformation.

If you want to go the anecdotal route, which is, unfortunately all we have sometimes as addicts, take a gander at folks who inject pills and those who inject powdered drugs from the street. See who's veins collapse first and see who experiences more complications from injection. At least with street drugs, you have the potential to obtain drugs that are actually, completely soluble in water.

Friendly reminder, do not personally attack other users. If someone has something to say, please do so without disparaging remarks.

Just a heads up that warnings and infractions will follow any further personal attacks.

If you have something to share share you experience or info on injection, leaving judgement at the door.

I have shot tons of pills throughout my IV career. Mainly dilaudid, opanas, roxicodone, And subutex and suboxone strips, morphine too. I also have shot heroic doses of diphenhydramine gel caps with these in order to increase my high. It has ruined my veins. Heroin hasn?t ever given me a single problem by itself; no collapsed veins, abcesses, sclerosis, etc. but when I started shooting pills my veins went to shit, got abcesses and almost had a foot amputated, and ultimately left me with no usable veins in all my limbs and extremities. In order to obtain a simple RBC count and ALT test, I have to be set up with essentially a central line to obtain the blood. All this happened within the course of only 4 years. The sub strips and unison caps were the hardest on the veins IMO. But if I had kept to just the H in my area I would almost guarantee you that my veins would still be usable. I?m only 25 by the way, and from 18-22 years old I managed to completely ruin my veins due to IV pill use.

This is a good example of how shooting pills is so dangerous. Injecting anything meant for oral consumption without a micron or wheel filter is an extremely unsafe practice. Sooner or later the user will run into life threatening issues, issues that are not so much a problem even with street dope.

Friendly reminder, do not personally attack other users. If someone has something to say, please do so without disparaging remarks.

Just a heads up that warnings and infractions will follow any further personal attacks.

If you have something to share share you experience or info on injection, leaving judgement at the door.

This is a good example of how shooting pills is so dangerous. Injecting anything meant for oral consumption without a micron or wheel filter is an extremely unsafe practice. Sooner or later the user will run into life threatening issues, issues that are not so much a problem even with street dope.

Hey toothpaste, can I ask to whom you are referring regarding the personal attacks. I'm hoping it's not me. If I came off as judgmental in any way, I apologize. I just think it's important to be blunt regarding injection advice. No pun intended ;)

I'll just add street drugs if pure and properly made would technically be cut less than pills due to not having filler. This is hypothetical purity though... Unless something has their own lab and produces such substance themselves is unlikely they are getting it uncut.

I'm sure he is talking about me Keif, and for that I apologize to the board. I won't lie, I was offended by the "without any knowledge in health science & listens to junkie folklore" directed towards me, and I don't like our community being slandered as lunatics for solid HR advice, and I really just have no patience for someone starting a thread advocating dangerous practices which others may read and then follow when it can lead to serious consequences, when they clearly are following their own intuition and don't actually know what they are talking about. But, TPD is right and I shouid keep it civil.

I do want to add though, in my previous post I made a joke about the OP saying how his pills are safe to shoot because they look clear in the barrel. I didn't actually expect this to happen, we should all know that we shouldn't assume something is safe to shoot based on how it looks to the naked eye...but there it was, 5 posts up from my previous post, not only did the OP assert that because pills were safe to eat it meant they were safe to inject, he also states that his pills are safe to inject because he can't see any sediment in the barrel...while also going off on some irrelevant tangent about junkies using spit and socks, it really seems like he just has something against people who get their drugs off the street instead of the pharmacy and this thread is just an extension of his own internal bias. And I would love to change his mind on this, and I know being combative prevents that from ever happening while I also have a tendency to give up on people too easily(two character flaws I really should work on), but I don't think there is any helping him.

So I want to state civilly, for any passersby, that the OP has no idea what he is talking about and please don't listen to him.

edit: Also, to the OP, you really do need to be using micron/wheel filters if you are going to continue to shoot pills. There is a ton of good info on the board about this, but Captain.Heroin is our local expert/advocate for the practice and I am sure he could answer most of the questions you have and he may even still be putting together those starter kits for people(he shipped me one years ago) which includes bacteriostatic water, and a huge(like 20ml+) syringe so you can filter your whole script at one time, then put it back into the bottle.

Last edited:
Hey toothpaste, can I ask to whom you are referring regarding the personal attacks. I'm hoping it's not me. If I came off as judgmental in any way, I apologize. I just think it's important to be blunt regarding injection advice. No pun intended ;)

Oh no, you?re all good. I was thinking more CatcherInPopEfield and Coolwhip. Especially Catcher.

Don?t get me wrong, so far it hasn?t been a major major problem, just that if we want to keep the thread open everyone needs to be mindful of how they?re engaging with others.

Antagonizing comments are the opposite of helpful here, especially considering what a charged topic injection drug use already is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I forgot to say, after you start shooting dope. You'll fall in love with the syringe and want to start shooting up anything you can get your hands on. That's how I started shooting up crystal and coke. It was rough quitting because the act of injecting yourself becomes sort of like an obsession. I'm glad that after 2 years+, I've been able to quite that obsession myself and stop doing drugs. Please be careful guys. It's such a fucked up way to live, you're gonna wish time and time again that you didn't go down this road. Stop while you can before it overtakes your life. or before you overdose. because sooner or later you'll start mixing your shots with various substances and it all goes downhill. God bless

Yeah, I was shooting coke for a while. a great high, but it lasts so short, and you keep redoing it over and over and blood starts going everywhere and it's just one big mess. Meth lasts too long, but also a great rush. I wouldn't do it again though. I notice that it messes with my mind and makes me weaker. I have mental health issues which just tend to get worse on those drugs. I'd just smoke marijuana or do shrooms again.

Yup, these two drugs injected are really really really hard on the body. IV cocaine is a horrible habit to pick up. I found IV methamp a little easier to control in terms of cravings/redosing, but it’s just way too much for my body to handle. I can’t even imagine what it did to my heart...

IV cocaine is the one thing I will never touch again, IV meth is hard to explain.

First, I'm a girl. Please stop calling me "he". I skimmed this thread and lololol at anyone whom thinks I buy the DARE crap :D pills are safer because they're sterile and not cut with fent or adulterated with God knows what. I guess bacteria in heroin is just DARE propaganda :D junkies NEVER have collapsed veins or infections! Sarcasm.

And I can't understand why you guys assume I don't filter properly?? I use all sterile techniques and proper filtration. I've known many heroin addicts who've lost limbs, busted their heart etc. To date, I've had zero issues IMing my pills and I've shot everywhere... legs, arms, subQ also in my ass and tits. Nothing. I shoot veins every now & again but prefer IM (feels nicer).

Now for the mods to harp on me.

quit with the insults, that goes for everyone, this is your final warning, any more and infractions will be handed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I'm a girl. Please stop calling me "he". I skimmed this thread and lololol at anyone whom thinks I buy the DARE crap :D pills are safer because they're sterile and not cut with fent or adulterated with God knows what. I guess bacteria in heroin is just DARE propaganda :D junkies NEVER have collapsed veins or infections! Sarcasm.

And I can't understand why you guys assume I don't filter properly?? I use all sterile techniques and proper filtration. I've known many heroin addicts who've lost limbs, busted their heart etc. To date, I've had zero issues IMing my pills and I've shot everywhere... legs, arms, subQ also in my ass and tits. Nothing. I shoot veins every now & again but prefer IM (feels nicer).

Now for the mods to harp on me.
Alright you must be trolling... Anyone with medical training knows how sterility works. You say pills are meant to be in the body? Okay anyone who cuts heroin and is smart uses water soulbe cuts like mannitol etc. Not insoulbe nonsense. No matter how much you filter itll never heard perfect and your IMing it of all things... Your muscles can't filter things as easily as your veins. Think how you want by all means but don't clog the board up with nonsense that's against not only common sense but HR! P.S. Not trying to attack you but your a junkie. Your addicted to opioids and you shoot pills. Your better than no one here just like the rest of us!

You guys just aren't getting it and I'll say it one more time before I'm banned: pills are the lesser of 2 evils when it comes to abuse. You know the milligram and the fillers are less hazardous then what heroin is cut with. Heroin IS the "opioid epedemic" because that's what people are dying left & right from/getting sick off. You're playing Russian roulette with smack because you'll never know what it's cut with. Hardly anyone winds up in the ER from pills alone. Also, not a junkie. I don't do street smack. Even prescribed diamorphine users aren't junkies -- only street smack users are with all that healthy stuff heroin is cut with :D

I thought we were talking about complications from IV use? Wasn't that what literally everyone in this thread was talking about? You started off talking about particulates(the actual cause of IV complications) changed that to some insane argument about sterility then actually learned what the word meant, and now its changed to pills are safer because they aren't cut with fentanyl. Everyone should be testing the strength of their dope, and if they aren't then technically completely uncut dope would kill just as many people as the shit with fentanyl in it.

I really think Help is right and you are a troll, you seem to also be implying that WD only affects users of street dope and think because you are IMing your pills you are less of an addict than someone who buys gear off the street. And if you are a troll, this isn't funny and you should stop, someone else could read this thread and think its OK to IM pills and end up losing an arm.

Even if you aren't a troll I really do believe this thread is more about some internal struggle you are having, given your poor opinion of addicts, trying to rationalize your own use. You definitely don't seem to care about HR.

This is no longer a theory, or an idea, its something this community and the world has been witnessing for decades, pills cause severe IV complications at an alarming rate. A rate far, far higher than what is seen with your average batch of dope. This is fact. And many of the worst offending ingredients have been identified, that is the good thing about pills is you know whats in them, so we can literally list the ingredients that we KNOW are not OK to shoot. This isn't up for debate anymore and hasn't been for some time.

Whatever, I am just going to copy and paste what I said before for your benefit and let you walk away with some face intact,

I do want to add though, in my previous post I made a joke about the OP saying how her pills are safe to shoot because they look clear in the barrel. I didn't actually expect this to happen, we should all know that we shouldn't assume something is safe to shoot based on how it looks to the naked eye...but there it was, 5 posts up from my previous post, not only did the OP assert that because pills were safe to eat it meant they were safe to inject, she also states that her pills are safe to inject because she can't see any sediment in the barrel...while also going off on some irrelevant tangent about junkies using spit and socks, it really seems like she just has something against people who get their drugs off the street instead of the pharmacy and this thread is just an extension of her own internal bias. And I would love to change her mind on this, and I know being combative prevents that from ever happening while I also have a tendency to give up on people too easily(two character flaws I really should work on), but I don't think there is any helping her.

So I want to state civilly, for any passersby, that the OP has no idea what she is talking about and please don't listen to her.

edit: Also, to the OP, you really do need to be using micron/wheel filters if you are going to continue to shoot pills. There is a ton of good info on the board about this, but Captain.Heroin is our local expert/advocate for the practice and I am sure he could answer most of the questions you have and he may even still be putting together those starter kits for people(he shipped me one years ago) which includes bacteriostatic water, and a huge(like 20ml+) syringe so you can filter your whole script at one time, then put it back into the bottle.

I changed all the pronouns to female nominative, since that really seemed to bother you. If you aren't a troll, please do pay special attention to the part in bold and adopt safe practices and good luck.(if you don't start micron filter you are going to need it)

BTW, you should probably read up on what happens when talc/silica/etc get lodged in the interstitium of the lungs, even if you appear to be getting away without complications from shooting your pills, chances are high that you are going to end up regretting it in the long run, possibly when dealing with said complication as I guarantee your "clear to the naked eye" shot is not as clear as you think it is.

Last edited:
Okay so next time this gets off the track it will get closed.

And for the last time, as a general rule, injecting pills IS more dangerous than injecting heroin. Even with proper filtration it’s still at least as dangerous (assuming your dope isn’t cut with fent I guess).

Just because the inactive ingredients in pills are safe when taken orally or plugged does not mean they are safe when injected. In fact they are exactly what makes injecting pills MORE dangerous.

Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.