• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos etizolam dosage For alcohol withdrawal and other questions.

OntarioGuy

Bluelighter
My girlfriend suffers from an alcohol dependency. She drinks about 4-6 large beers a day to maintain. She had a seizure in The grocery store a while ago, which led her to cut down her drinking drastically, and to cut out hard liquor.
She went to her family doctor last week, and explained the situation, and said she would like to stop drinking altogether, but the withdrawal symptoms are so unpleasant. Her doctor refused to give her any type of benzo/barbiturate or gabapentinoid even. She wanted to give her an SSRI and tried to assure her it would do the same thing 8)

So, I went ahead and spent a rather surprisingly small amount of money on a bottle of liquid solution etizolam.
It contains 10 mgs/ml in PG. the bottle is 35 mls, so 350 mgs. I intend to do a trial run with it to see how well it will help my girls symptoms as she tapers and cuts back. Or even days she wakes up sick and shakey, perhaps I can dose her with etizolam. I will dose her sublingually with an insulin syringe with the needle cut off or removed when she is at my house, but since she doesn't live with me, I'm going to have to perhaps make a few dosage units for her to take with her to her mothers. I know PG doesn't evaporate as well as ethanol, but, say I took 10 wonka sweet tarts, and dropped 0.1 mls on each candy? That would be 1 mg per candy times 10. Perhaps enough to help her when she's not at my house, I don't trust to give her the whole bottle, she wouldn't know how to measure, would be intoxicated....could be a disaster. I'm going to try and dose her as low as possible while controlling the symptoms. I think 1 mg will be a good starting point like I said.

Now, I will be buying a lot more etizolam, in fact I've already ordered a gram of pure etizolam powder to make my own solution, (I will try to push it to 20 mg/ml) so my girlfriend has more then enough so no one gets mad at me for asking if I can use a but recreationally. Hell I bought it anyways. But since she has enough, I've entertained the idea of an IV injection of etizolam...please spare me the oral b/a comments about benzos, and the benzos having no rush comments, I've heard it all. Probably even said it. However, after experiencing benzos IV I'd have to disagree, I have had good results from IVing alprazolam (my own solution from raw alp) midazolam, diazepam, lorazepam, all of them had a pleasant rush, and from what I've been able to read online, etizolam does indeed feel nice when IVd.

I used be be heavily hooked on benzos, and seem to have some residual tolerance, but I want to play it safe regardless. what do u guys think the dosage would be like for a relaxing etizolam buzz IV? I was thinking of starting with no more then 1 mg max. So 0.1 mls of solution, then draw up 0.7-0.8 mls of sterile water and IV. I'm thinking that should pretty much be the process?

Last edited:
So no one answered...I looked up the equivalent dosages....,they said it's half the strength of clonazepam or alprazolam....I feel it was on par.....I blacked out from what I thought was 3 mgs but was 4.5 my cousin did 3 mgs. Both IV.

Your cousin's probably not quitting now so really the etizolam is just adding another addiction which will end up fucking her up more. This is probably what the family dr thought as well.

No, my girlfriend is not my cousin.....I did it with my cousin....unfortunately my girl didn't get a drop, I re ordered her another bottle

I tried this... Actually quite sure I got the same vendor as you. It's not the best of ideas because shit can and will hit the fan if she has even one drink. It will stave off withdrawals but has to be dosed every 6 hours or so. And when the bottle ends it in fact may end up feeling like worse than alcohol wd. If she's already had seizures I wouldn't touch this stuff.

^^^she actually doesn't live with me, I'm gonna give it to a friend who doesn't use drugs, and grab some for emergencies only

Unless your GF is going to end up in a room/house that contains no alcohol and have an expert dose her with the proper benzo twice a day(etizolam isn't it), tapering the doses down to nothing, over the course of a week before switching her off benzos to some other anti-seizure med ASAP. While under 24 hour surveillance/care, with support staff on standby. Then this is going to end badly, very badly.

I am not going to say that it is impossible to employ some kind of plan to detox alcohol at home with benzos, but it requires a dedicated group of people with extensive knowledge and resources. Clearly you have neither the knowledge nor the resources.

Get her into rehab. Or an out-patient program.

Or at the very least continue reducing or alcohol intake as start seeing a doctor who is willing to help with this, if you can get her use low enough then there are things he can prescribe to make her transition to sobriety a little easier/safer.