• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How Dangerous Are Blunts?

treezy z

Bluelighter
I'm sitting here smoking my third blunt of the evening.
Blunts are the perfect form of smoking marijuana in my opinion. I only hit the bong if I'm out of blunts.

It just struck me, am I killing myself?
I quit cigarettes a long time ago to not get cancer.

How dangerous is smoking blunts (marijuana in a tobacco leaf?)

Indeed, and i think the harms of blunts are partly related to how they are smoked.
People inhale the smoke (like cannabis) rather than like cigars, which means the smoke is drawn deeper into the lungs, exposing more organs to carcinogens.
It's hard to know the extent of the risk though.

One thing i would point out is that for ex-smokers, blunts can re-awaken ex-smokers' tobacco addiction.
It happened to a friend of mine and he relapsed into havitual tobacco smoking, after decades off the ciggies.

At least MJ is actually helpful to the lungs. Even when smoked it still has the positives, it's just your smoking so.... Realistically though the one of the few issues should be the tar which I believe is it all that much in comparison to tobacco. There's others but I feel like this is the only noticeable problem. I often tried to convince my mother who had COPD to use oral or even smoked cannabis(she did smoke just not often and she inversely became scared to smoke it rather than fear the cigs that would kill her...8() for it's lung benefits. I mean she was still smoking cigs so.... Ive always hated blunts and joints since I was younger unless baking out a small area. So wasteful in my mind. If it's other people's weed, whatever but I'm not rolling mine up. Bongs, Vapes, or pipes all the way.

This is a complete guess and not medical advice, although it's a somewhat educated guess.

1-10 let's say water is a 1 on the danger scale and smoking cigarettes frequently is a 10... heavy blunt use is probably honestly a 7 or 8. Really bad for you when you get super heavy like that. Endless tar.

If you're a lighter user like a blunt could last you a few sessions spread out over a couple days or something, then probably a 5 or so.

Blunts were unheard of years ago. I only heard of it because someone passed me a big brown joint once and I took a hit and felt the tobacco. And I quit smoking 24 years ago so it lit up my nicotine receptors. I had to make sure I didn't buy a pack of cigarettes. No blunts for me. And any form of tobacco is harmful. I mean it has been said if a person takes half a cigar and soaks it in water and a person drinks that water they can die. Nicotine poison is not fun. Yet a person can eat cannabis and be fine. So I consider blunts more harmful. If I did still smoke cigarettes I would love blunts as nicotine in small doses does give a good high. I remember the first cigarette of the day being the most euphoric. A non smoker for sure gets high when they take deep inhales of tobacco smoke.

I smoke bongs a lot not so much blunts, and I always make sure I have more, like much more of bud/cannabis than tobacco. It?s not as dangerous as smoking a normal cigarette or drinking a bottle of vodka. In my opinion it?s not killing yourself at all it?s enjoying life in your own way. I don?t drink alcohol whatsoever, just smoke cannabis, good quality always. But yes I am a smoker too and I need to stop that or at least cut down. I assume you only smoke tobacco with weed so your much more healthier that myself I?d assume and the average person who drinks alcohol or just smokes cigarettes.

i save my thc and make into rocks for much more potency

How often do you smoke them? That's the most important thing to consider. If you smoke once in a while, probably not very harmful. If you smoke them every day, probably much less harmful than cigarettes but still raises your risk of cancer and other issues somewhat. Also, since you are using rolling tobacco instead of commercially rolled cigarettes that contain additives, the risk is much lower than cigarettes but still not nonexistent. The only way to consume cannabis without irritating your lungs (albeit mildly) is edibles. I certainly wouldn't put it in the category of "killing yourself", but any tobacco consumption is unhealthy, even if it is rolling tobacco.

I'm sitting here smoking my third blunt of the evening.
Blunts are the perfect form of smoking marijuana in my opinion. I only hit the bong if I'm out of blunts.

It just struck me, am I killing myself?
I quit cigarettes a long time ago to not get cancer.

How dangerous is smoking blunts (marijuana in a tobacco leaf?)

smoking blunts is as harmful as smoking tobacco.

the leaf itself is highly processed and usually flavored.

it will still likely give you cancer with heavy chronic use.

if you want to minimize cancer risk then drop tobacco entirely.

the environment is already a large factor in lung cancer

tobacco products just add insult to injury.

at least you’re not like my friend who wanted to avoid nicotine by smoking fronto leaf dried and crumbled into his massive joints.

i had to break the news to him.

i think weed may contribute to respiratory issues as it is so smoking it in a tobacco leaf really isn’t helping anything

At least MJ is actually helpful to the lungs. Even when smoked it still has the positives, it's just your smoking so.... Realistically though the one of the few issues should be the tar which I believe is it all that much in comparison to tobacco. There's others but I feel like this is the only noticeable problem. I often tried to convince my mother who had COPD to use oral or even smoked cannabis(she did smoke just not often and she inversely became scared to smoke it rather than fear the cigs that would kill her...8() for it's lung benefits. I mean she was still smoking cigs so.... Ive always hated blunts and joints since I was younger unless baking out a small area. So wasteful in my mind. If it's other people's weed, whatever but I'm not rolling mine up. Bongs, Vapes, or pipes all the way.

Smoking pure cannabis is a net negative to the lungs.

Not smoking ever only edibles is best for lungs