• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can one of those 3 medications prevent me to feel almost anything while smoking weed?

TwainMark

Greenlighter
Hello,

Can one of those 3 medications prevent me to feel almost anything while smoking weed?

Paroxetine, Quetiapine and Mirtazapine

I can even smoke a full joint. I'll only have tingling sensation in all the body and weird feeling and but then anyway it stops after 30 minutes.

Any ideas? You experts? :)

Thank you very much

Yeah, the combination of an SSRI (paroxetine) & an anti-psychotic (quetiapine) will greatly limit the effects of cannabis. Especially the quetiapine.

I upped my dose of seroquel recently to deal with horrific insomnia. I was only taking 50mg now maybe 150. Maybe that's why I chain smoke blunts now. Shit might have to cut back on the seroquel and deal with the insomnia another way.

I've been on a plethora of different antipsychotics and none have affected the weed high for me. So it won't necessarily affect the high - it depends on the individual and the dose.

I've been on a plethora of different antipsychotics and none have affected the weed high for me. So it won't necessarily affect the high - it depends on the individual and the dose.

I know someone who takes an antipsychotic for schizophenia and 3 hits on a spliff he is pretty wasted.

The only substance group affecting the "high " on weed (not the physical but the mental part) are benzodiazepines. They take away anxiety f?r those who become anxious but at the same time dull every but of a strong sativa head high.

Similar thing on shrooms or acid, you still see objects moving, interesting visuals. But they shut down the part of your mind where doors have been opened. Especially doors that better should have remained closed, but that's why a benzo just in case can be very important.

I don't think anti psychotics work that well. The strongest of them might work in some way, making you a brain dead zombie but that's it.

quetiapine will affect your dopamine so you wont get as pronounced an effect, if any.. I was on all three til i settled on my current med. Isn't it great? Trazadone will do it too. No wonder detox centres love these shitty meds!8o