• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis THC Oil recommendation?

dave13

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I've been smoking cannabis for almost 30 years. Tried dabbing once, way too expensive. Tried vaping dry flower in a few different vaporizers and just wasn't fulfilling to me, hardly any vape "smoke", which I like. I've been trying some friends vape oil pens, and I really like it, but there are so many brands/kinds I'm not sure what to try first.

I have plenty of batteries for my Ecig vape, so I don't need batteries. I need either pre filled cartridges, or just the oil so I can fill my Ecig tank with it, although I'm not sure but will probably need a special coil or atomizer for that. Either way, I want to try to order some online but I live in a state where its kinda frowned upon (NY), so I do expect a 50/50 chance of receiving it, so I don't want to spend more than like 30-40 bucks to start off.

What do you guys recommend? Sites or vendors? I smoke a lot, so I need something strong. Just tired of smoking, and really want to get into vaping the oils. Again, THC not the CBD stuff.

Thanks for any and all opinions or suggestions.

Dave

We can't help you with sourcing. Use a dab rig if you want a proper hit/large amount of vapour. There are also some vapes that can produce huge clouds from dry herb, most portable ones are not very fulfilling IMO

Thanks. Yea, I was hoping for something with a lot of vapor, very potent, and the oil. I have tried dry flower in other machines too like huge table top units and still wasn't what I hoping for. The dabbing thing, while I'm sure is the best, is just not for me.

Any sort of brand or strength? I'm still not sure what is what...

I was the same way about vaping bud until I tried a sublimator so don't lose hope haha.

Brand is going to vary by region, if you are looking for oil your options are going to be BHO/PHO, RSO/alcohol extracted, or CO2 oil. These are often further refined into wax, budder, shatter, distillate, or isolate. Distillate is also typically a liquid form though. They will all be about equipotent except for distillate and isolate which are generally stronger but lack terpenes and so produce a very mono-dimensional high.

Personally I would avoid alcohol extracts as you can usually taste the alcohol in the finished product. CO2 is supposed to extract the full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes so should be stronger/more flavourful. Some people claim you can taste a bitterness from the CO2 though. CO2 also is of course the cleanest/'healthiest' option. BHO is generally the standard method, and if purged properly should have very little solvent present if any. Once again if there is enough present you will be able to taste the butane in the vapour. There are a few groups using propane instead of butane and claim it's better, chemically speaking they're very similar solvents so I doubt this very much, propane is probably just cheaper for them to use.