• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Pentti Linkola views & opinions?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
I only came across this mans work a few days ago I will admit but in that time I have spent a lot of time reading his work & checking stuff online with him in & I will admit it here I agree with him in nearly 100% of what he says (as hard as that may be for some folks to swallow)

Anyone else know of his work & care to chew his ideas over?

If you don't know of him check this
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pentti_Linkola

Pentti Linkola on Democracy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRq98CAxgg0

Kaarlo Pentti Linkola (born 7 December 1932) is a radical Finnish deep ecologist, ornithologist, polemicist and fisherman. He has written widely about his ideas and in Finland is a prominent, and highly controversial, thinker. Linkola was a year-round fisherman from 1959 to 1995. He has fished on Keitele, P?ij?nne and Gulf of Finland, and since 1978 he fishes on Vanajavesi.
Linkola blames humans for the continuous degradation of the environment. He promotes rapid population decline in order to combat the problems commonly attributed to overpopulation.

Unless I miss understood his view it's that only a few are smart enough to make tough choices and the rest should follow and listen... he is preaching exactly what we have for a world today and it isn't working.

I see his point on his analogy of life and the lifeboat scenario and while it's true, that one in a trillion scenario is the tiny situation where a psychopath is the right person at the right time. When you take that ideology and apply it to land use and agriculture for the good of mankind and the planet, psychopathically killing off millions because it's a better choice isn't a correct solution. Skilled farmers, biologists and other educated communities can co-operate and produce a better result.

If you understand life a bit deeper it doesn't matter how many people you try to save by overfilling your lifeboat and ultimately drowning, when you drown, you simply feed the fish and plants and life goes on. The real question you need to ask is how much value can I bring to life after slaughtering off these unfortunate souls in the water so I can live?

His view, imho, is egocentric and like many big egos he has no room for smaller ones.

I only came across this mans work a few days ago I will admit but in that time I have spent a lot of time reading his work & checking stuff online with him in & I will admit it here I agree with him in nearly 100% of what he says (as hard as that may be for some folks to swallow)

Anyone else know of his work & care to chew his ideas over?

If you don't know of him check this
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pentti_Linkola

Pentti Linkola on Democracy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRq98CAxgg0

Kaarlo Pentti Linkola (born 7 December 1932) is a radical Finnish deep ecologist, ornithologist, polemicist and fisherman. He has written widely about his ideas and in Finland is a prominent, and highly controversial, thinker. Linkola was a year-round fisherman from 1959 to 1995. He has fished on Keitele, P?ij?nne and Gulf of Finland, and since 1978 he fishes on Vanajavesi.
Linkola blames humans for the continuous degradation of the environment. He promotes rapid population decline in order to combat the problems commonly attributed to overpopulation.

As an antinatalist myself I can't help but like the man. He's just being practical. His attitude is actually compassionate compared to how most people think, I mean don't think.

Last edited:
I see his point on his analogy of life and the lifeboat scenario and while it's true, that one in a trillion scenario is the tiny situation where a psychopath is the right person at the right time. When you take that ideology and apply it to land use and agriculture for the good of mankind and the planet, psychopathically killing off millions because it's a better choice isn't a correct solution. Skilled farmers, biologists and other educated communities can co-operate and produce a better result.

But they don't sadly, his view is that people have wrecked the planet & we need to chop back the amount of people for the rest of us to survive & survive to a decent level.

Also his piece on the people in Somalia hit me like a brick, why should we care for them when they have wrecked their land? Let them die I say.

People who cannot face reality are the vast majority and they will be telling each other that humans are about to save themselves by doing things right this time right up until the last one of them gets pushed over the edge by the zillion rushing along right behind them. Pentti Linkola is hardly a psychopath imo. He's just taken the stand to be a man and face the reality humans have created and acknowledge the only workaround solution to the hole in hell we've dug for ourselves. But he should know better and keep this stuff to himself.

"Those who love and respect life will take the ship's axe and sever the extra hands that cling to the sides of the boat."

Haha holy shit. I would've played rock paper scissor. Or let them cling to the boat and have rotations in and out of the water. What even is this example rofl.

This guy would be a school shooter if he wasn't so apathetic.

Last edited: