• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Severe akathisa developing randomly

dthorse5

Greenlighter
I keep having a restless feeling in my entire body and doctors/psychiatry seem to be of no help but anyway i know its caused my opiate withdrawal but heres the problem it happens when im high too (use kratom but it happened ton bupe.

I take

Promethazine 75mg
Gabapentin 4500mg 2x a week
Kratom 10 gr only in the morning
Clondine .1-.2mg a day tapering
Benzos of all kinds 8 days a month at high dosees short half ones
Never alcohol or tobacco
I take magnesiium laxatives and
immodium sometimes

At a loss for what is the cause and i trust alot of ppls answers here it happens randomly and never at night

Second the benzos contributing. Even gabapentin withdrawal at high doses. Promethazine could exacerbate as well, though not too high.

If you aren't at all benzo dependent or to gabapentin, the promethazine would be prime suspect. Its a phenothiazine dopamine D2 antagonist like the oldschool, nastier antipsychotics.

I agree with limpet chicken

Can you space out the promethazine? Maybe into three doses spaced out.

Why are you taking 75 mg of promethazine?

Why take it at all? it isn't in clinical use as an antipsychotic. Primary uses are as a sedating antihistamine/sleep aid. And its one rotten enough to be allowed over the counter sale. (sure, call me cynical, but its true, with a very few exceptions, its the least effective and the shittiest meds that are allowed for OTC sale in pharmacies)

Thanks for all the advice, my psych scripted it for nasea but it enchances kratom too its not a nessecity that i take it so i will only use when sick feeling. Was using it to prevent nasea from happening in the first plaxe

There are plenty of superior alternatives. Just about ALL of them in fact. Sedating antihistamines are OTC in more or less any country I know of, they aren't expensive and its just promethazine out of the lot of the commonly OTC ones which is a nasty ass dopamine antagonist.