• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Antipyretic and meth

Abject

Bluelighter
Just wondering if something like paracetamol or ibuprofen will reduce hyperthermia from meth/stims?

if you are overheating they key thing is take less stims

paracetamol is used in hospital to bring temp down, we didn't use ibuprofen for that purpose though a quick google suggests it will

Last edited:
if you are overheating they key thing is take less stims

paracetamol is used in hospital to bring temp down, we didn't use ibuprofen for that purpose though a quick google suggests it will

No the key thing is not to take less stims. Such a useful response I'm not going to begin explaining why. Also NSAIDs are certainly antipyretic so I'm not sure why ibuprofen wouldn't be considered by doctors in your hospital.

Simply drinking more water can help too.

I smash down soooo much water I sometimes feel bad about the amount I'm pissing.

The thing is the drugs I mentioned work by altering the hypothalamus' set point, in cases like acute brain injury they don't usually do a lot since the thermoregulatory system is messed up.
So I'm wondering if they'll help with drug-induced pyrexia?
Guess I'll just give it a go and find out.

Hopefully winter will be here in another month and a half and I shouldn't have to worry too much, but it's almost half way through "autumn" and it was 36 today (97 for amerifags)

If you're getting hyperthermic on meth you probably do need to reduce your dose, sorry...

Lmao sweat a bit and your dose is too high
Thank u for the help

if you take so much of a drug that you get side effects its your own fault

There's a difference between sweating a bit and being hyperthermic throughout the experience.

go the hippy food route, traditional wisdom holds that certain foods and numerous herbs are cooling to the body; some of is metaphor while some of this holds true. spend some time researching hyperthermia and herbal/plant medicine and i gaurantee that you will find at least something that is not an NSAID.

also Sekio is right, hyperthermia diagnosis requires a thermometer

Ayurveda says that bitter(kale, olives, eggplant), astringent(grapefruit, cranberries, coffee, turnips), or sweet foods are cooling(in that order). But I wouldn't put much faith in it. Especially in this circumstance, I'm just replying to the above post, not advocating Ayurveda. Ayurveda gets a lot of things right through hundreds of year of observation, but even when it does the reasons why are usually wrong at best and fantastic at worst.

When I was using I would take 400mg ibuprofen a day along with 4g fish oil and at least 1,000mg N-Acetyl-Cysteine. On days of repeated use I know I saved my heart damage by using prescription ACE inhibitors which there are natural alternatives.

If you are overheating, try a hot/cold/hot/cold shower routine to stabilize blood flow

Appreciate it MyExcuse. I've started taking ibuprofen (usually 2 200mg pills a day, although sometimes I'll take 3) and I already take fish oil daily (around 3g EPA/DHA combined)
I've found green tea to be somewhat helpful, and I've also grabbed some magnesium (equiv 150mg) and am looking into curcumin and CCBs, but I need to do a fair bit more research before I fuck around with my calcium channels (with things other than meth)
It also seems cAMP inhibits potassium channels adding to the calcium issue
I've also happened across some interesting reading about Ca2+/cAMP
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4618650/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3003456/

and also something to make u think
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12887314

Last edited: