The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Comedown from Crack

Gen. Savage

Greenlighter
I got hooked on crack a year ago. Unfortunately, it is an extremely expensive, short lived high but It literally consumes you. It becomes all you think about, and when I say all you think about, I mean that literally. What I am wondering is, when you start to come down, if I don't have a benzo handy, Is it okay to drink beer until I feel sane again? Last night I scored the crack, took me several hours. Got back to the house, smoked it, it was pleasant but what happened next...when that last bit got smoked and I began to come down...that was when unspeakable horrors began. I began getting EXTREMELY paranoid all of the sudden and I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack. Two nights ago I was partying with a lady who had benzos and lortabs so I had no edginess to speak of. I smoked with her all day and walked around the city with no paranoia or edginess because I was on Xanax. My question is, If I drink beer for the comedown will that help? I was so desperate last night I drank an expired bottle of cooking wine to get rid of the awful anxiety. About an hour later I was fine.

No - alcohol is the last drug you would wish to use to take 'the edge' of the effect of cocaine. Instead of sedating you it is metabolised alongside the cocaine into cocoaethylene, a drug similar to but much more potent and cardio toxic than the cocaine alone and will just make you feel more wired and anxious.

No - alcohol is the last drug you would wish to use to take 'the edge' of the effect of cocaine. Instead of sedating you it is metabolised alongside the cocaine into cocoaethylene, a drug similar to but much more potent and cardio toxic than the cocaine alone and will just make you feel more wired and anxious.
Wow I?ve never heard that. My girl and I anyways drank for the comedown off coke (not crack) but it?s effected her differently than me if we go on long binges. She gets extremely parinoid almost to where she thinks I?m against her. Maybe this is why. Thanks for the info. Plus I?m sure the stuff I?m getting is close to shit....

I have had a couple drinks before for my comedown but I don't go overboard- literally one or two mixed drinks. I start my comedown at least 30 min before i'm out and that helps transition. If you're open to nutritional supplements, I recommend valerian root in place of benzos and a magnesium drink mix called, calm. Magnesium is a vasodialtor so it counteracts the vasoconstriction of stims- plus it'll help you get some rest and wake up the next day without feeling like shit. Drink lots of water. GL