Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Memantine and Meth - First Time - memantine and d2 agonism

(zonk)

Bluelighter
ordered 1g sample from very reputable supplier, not sure what to expect, trip reports looked promising, amantadine experience wasn't good though.
Dosed 80mg on empty stomach, left house for a friend's bday party and small dnb event
45min noticed body getting relaxed, felt ketamine like at this point
effects grew a little bit more to a mild k like feeling over next 15min
arrived at friends and dosed another 200mg, the taste was citrusy, slightly sweet and acrid/bitter at same time, and not in a good lemonaidy way
smoked small amount of meth 30min later as i felt memantine slowly start to increase in effect
the meth actually made me tired a bit, i believe this was due to the agonism and now I think dopamine increasers will not mix good with this due to the agonism
The effects grew over the hour to a moderate dose of ketamine-like effect. Body and mind very relaxed but mental functions seemed totally intact, so like K but without the loss of mental function which i liked very much.
Got to dnb party, felt a little woozy, ended up puking a few times, couldn't stand up, this reminded me of opiates which i hate
Was getting very interesting dissociative CEVs but had to remain laying down for 18 more hours. Libido was increased a fair amount but without energy or being able to eat it was a tiny bit difficult/frustrating, but not too bad.
Overall it would be good if it weren't for agonism. It's like taking a 5ht psychedelic, taking E will only increase the hallucinogenic effects and have no effect of making you roll or happy what so ever, the agonist will totally change how that receptor functions while it's exerting it's effect. Maybe trying it without the meth will have a more balanced and managable effect but i see not point/interest.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_memantine
substancecode_dissociatives
substancecode_methamphetamine
substancecode_meth
substancecode_amphetamines
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
So 280mg total of memantine? That's a huge dose.

This stuff has a long peak and lingering effects for ages from large doses, right? You did say you remained laying around for 18hrs but I imagine you still must have been feeling it for much longer. Well into the next day at least?

in total 36hrs, not days, the effect was much stronger than i anticipated, like being k rocked for half the time but no where near a hole, i think if it werent for agonism i'd really like this, there def was a subtle lingering for another day however

You did say you enjoyed the body/mind relaxation, similar ketamine like effects, interesting CEVS.

At any point was there any euphoria? How dissassociated did you feel during the 18hrs you were laying down? Was it good dissassociation or did you find it to be more annoying? I suppose with such a long length it probably alternated between annoying and enjoyable but eventually probably got tiresome after awhile?

I'm sure the meth did change things. Too bad, I'd like to hear more about this drug but without any other drugs in the mix. You did say you aren't interested in trying it again, though. I understand, with such a long effect I have very little interest to try it myself even once.

Thank you for the report.

if it wasn't for the wooziness the dissociation would be ideal for public/social events like party/rave/nightclub/bar/concert/fest or whatever. It was like a clean ketamine effect, not talking mild keybump but a medium dose effect without much mentally debilitating fx. The legth was only bothersome cuz i couldn't eat or be upright and i can't say libido enhancement was due to memantine and not meth or the combo specifically. Maybe 1 day i will try it by itself or without dopaminergic stimulants but for now it wasn't spectacular enuf and i'm too put off to try

so I should say i started around 9pm with initial dose, around 11 took bigger dose and arrived home at 6am and didn't feel able to east or get up til 11pm, probly didnt feel 70% better til next morning so maybe i should change 18hrs to 24hrs and say experience was atleast 36-48hrs