• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

April Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread

jasperkent

Bluelighter
I couldn't find one so here we go. Please redirect if I missed it.

95 days no opiates, alcohol, or benzos. It's been a couple decades since I've gotten this far. Still getting urges; they come in waves. No serious cravings, though.

My primary DOC is opiates/opioids but my biggest temptation is alcohol. They sell booze where I work and also I live directly across the street from both a bar and a beer store. What has kept me sober is playing the tape all the way through. I've never woken up in the morning wishing I had gotten drunk the night before.

Best wishes to everyone.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Thx for getting the ball started JK. Good to hear about your clean time. Alcohol is by far the most difficult thing I've quit. By a long shot.

"Playing the tape all the way through"

I have never heard this before, but it's something I am going to try and add to my toolkit of things to do to resist cravings for my DOCs. Thanks for posting.

Thanx, aihfl.

Captain Heroin: Busy is good. One of my worst triggers is boredom.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Yeah, KraziKat, it does seem to help me. Hope it helps you.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Been continuing to work on balance today in my life. I've found it easy to go to one extreme or the other, so been working with a psych graduate student friend of mine of coming up with healthy ways to keep balance a major part of my recovery.

I've been working on remaining patient and optimistic, which I find close to impossible. I try anyways.

Thanks guys. I got my hours cut in one department so this will fill out the hours I lost, plus I can telecommute.

Been sober for close to a year now, in may last year was the last time i abused drugs. I've been in a long term program for 19 months now, and even though i slipped up back then they still gave me a staff position. A lot of my friends and family have been dying of opiate overdoses. So I always keep that in mind when i get cravings. Wish everyone the best, stay strong.