• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Why is everything so much better on vyvanse?

Vexanize

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, (i hope this is the right thread, im fairly new to bluelight) I was just wondering why literally everything that I do is fun on my vyvanse medication, even repetitive work that I HATE doing while off of it. I got taken off of it for about a week because I'm on many medications and I tested positive for PCP for some reason, so my psychiatrist had to further the tests and it finally showed that my urine was clean. Now that I just took my 40mg dose for the first time in a week, I feel absolutely amazing and music and everything is like just sooooo great. I'm only confused because I've only been off of it for a week and I thought it would take a lot longer than that for my tolerance to lower significantly. I feel so happy now and almost feel some euphoria coming on because I took a 200mg caffeine pill earlier this morning because I didn't know I would be getting it so suddenly. Is it possible that the caffeine basically doubled the effects? All answers are appreciated. =D

The caffeine pill might have increased the way that you perceived the effects of the Vyvanese and certainly increased the overall stimulant effects on your body and mind. I have a prescription for Adderall, which is quite similar in many ways. Never took Vyvanese, but I take Adderall often as I have a prescription for it. Amphetamine-type stimulants definitely cause some euphoria, and they do seem to make music more interesting for me anyways as well. When I have combined my prescription amphetamines with caffeine, I have found that the effect was increased. For me, this type of increase in the effects wasn't enjoyable as caffeine creates a jittery effect and generally bad feeling for me. Though, it definitely can increase the effects and for some, the combo could undoubtedly make the buzz better for them. The fact that you were off it is another major factor though. Your tolerance has more or less been "reset" by your week off, and your Vyvanese is hitting you harder than it usually does because you don't have the tolerance. That likely is another contributing factor to why you feel the effects so much more. I find that my addies have a substantially stronger effect on me as well when I take some days off them.

For some reason, I have gotten in the pattern of taking them every day. When I did, even taking a higher dose did not do much to increase the effects in any meaningful way really. It increased the effects, but it wasn't really that worthwhile. If you take them every day with no days off, you build a tolerance. Recently, I have taken a few days without them, and I have functioned fine...... as fine as I did before meds. And then after taking them, it has given me a boost and enhanced my productivity to more than it was before I took prescribed amphetamines. When I took them every day, I lost the increase in productivity. On days that I took them, I was no more productive than I would be otherwise. But I got in the pattern of "take the pills" every morning. So, definitely now that you took the pill without having taken it for a week, it would have a stronger effect. In fact, due to what I realized, I have realized that it's better to take them a few days a week (5 days a week if you have a 9 to 5, if you're self employed then perhaps up to you), but at least two days off a week is a must. My doc said this to me before, but since it said on the bottle take one every morning I didn't really take days off of it.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, (i hope this is the right thread, im fairly new to bluelight) I was just wondering why literally everything that I do is fun on my vyvanse medication, even repetitive work that I HATE doing while off of it. I got taken off of it for about a week because I'm on many medications and I tested positive for PCP for some reason, so my psychiatrist had to further the tests and it finally showed that my urine was clean. Now that I just took my 40mg dose for the first time in a week, I feel absolutely amazing and music and everything is like just sooooo great. I'm only confused because I've only been off of it for a week and I thought it would take a lot longer than that for my tolerance to lower significantly. I feel so happy now and almost feel some euphoria coming on because I took a 200mg caffeine pill earlier this morning because I didn't know I would be getting it so suddenly. Is it possible that the caffeine basically doubled the effects? All answers are appreciated. =D

The answer is simple. Like many drugs, especially in the case of stimulants such as Vyvanse and Caffeine, they increase the production of neurotransmitters. The "feel good/euphoria inducing" neurotransmitter you are talking about is Dopamine, which is a key reason why things like Adderall and Vyvanse work so well for ADHD people whose dopaminergic systems are deficient.

Caffeine can absolutely increase (or double) that feel-good effect, as it is just another stimulant on top of the one you are already taking. More stimulants mean more dopamine. More dopamine means more feel-good - save for when you inevitably have to deal with the comedown. More stimulants also mean the possibility of more side effects. Keep an eye out for increased heart-rate, heart palpitations, lack of appetite and dehydration :)

As LandsUnknown said, the increased impact after taking a week off is likely just you resetting your tolerance a bit. Even small breaks can drastically increase the perception and feeling of the effects, which is why doctors recommend (at least on Adderall, not too certain about Vyvanse) to take occasional breaks from the medication ("holidays").

I'm not looking to preach, whether you're looking to take Vyvanse for recreation or productivity or to combat a disorder, I don't care. But speaking from experience, be mindful when chasing that "feel-good" feeling. Eventually that feeling might taper off to something you're more used to (which mind you, is still producing dopamine and beneficial effects without a need to increase dose). You might feel your build up tolerance equates to the drug working less. As you get used to the that euphoric feeling and eventually feel it less and less, you may be inclined to chase higher doses attempting to regain a stronger feeling of euphoria, similar to when you started, and I can almost guarantee that if you don't pace yourself it'll be a pain to deal with later.

look at my safety on psychedelics post lol, I was doing the exact thing of chasing an escape of high. It made things worse in the end so, yeah. I've learned to be careful.

(btw, I take my vyvanse as prescribed)