• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

lyrica/xanax / very low testosterone, thyroid problem

marduk12

Greenlighter
sorry in advance if my english is not the best ever :)

im 33 take 1 3/4 to 1 2mg xanax a day ( prescribed 2x 2mg a day.. trying to cut down... been on it for 2-3 years) and as well i am on lyrica 300mg 2x a day... but i cut myself down to around half a capsule a day...( i use to abuse them...)
and i forgot to mention , i take 1 atenelol ( just read the wiki of it, and well it does not look like a good beta blocker tablet to take at all,
might reduce blood pressure and heart rate, but the risk of stroke or heart attack is the same as if i would not be taking it

i have had quite severe fatigue for maybe 3-4 months.. I wake up in the morning and im so tired ( not refreshed at all ) i got problems getting out of bed for a long time...
I went to the doctor to get some blood done, when i went to check on the result, my doctor told me that my testosterone was below 200
( 90 years old + man ) and he said to me my thyroid was malfunctioning, and got me to do another blood test... ( going next week so see result)
As well he sent me to a sleep apnea clinic, thinking it could be the cause for my thyroid problem... but the result may take 6-8 weeks to get back

i asked him if he could help me get some kind of tablet that would provide energy, because i have 0 energy, so he gave me phentermine ( duromine ) 30mg, first day i felt it gave me a bit of energy, and as well, i am eating less, ( which is what the tablet is mainly for ) but after the first day... it doesnt give me really any kind of energy anymore...

so in the meantime, i was wondering if anyone would have a clue as to what i could ask him to get energy ( i live in Australia )

And maybe if anyone could have a theory as to why this is happening to me ( i know this is a hard question )
thanks in advance

Last edited:
alright so i went see my new blood test to the doctor, and my thyroid functioning normally again ( no idea what happened ) and my testosterone went up ... but still its quite low for my age... i still wake up and it takes me like 5-6 hours to wake up....
got no motivation, and energy is very very low....
doctor didn't want to give me anything to help for energy...
i aint sure what could help that is not related to amphetamines...

still sick of having no energy when i wake up...(and takes like 5-6 hours to wake up....)
i force myself to go have a walk, and do exercises...
anyways thats the update.. anything that i could take that would give me energy would be nice...
coffee does nothing,

I mean xanax is a sedative. Is it possible your dose is too high?

after 3 years of taking it ( xanax ), it doesn't affect me for the sedative effects.I am going to try to stop lyrica dropped to 300mg today from 600mg...see what happens

Have you tried modafinil in my experiance its weaker than adderall (amphetamine) at doses >20 mg but much much stronger than coffee but similar to high doses of caffeine 300-600 mg (like 4-8 cups of 6 oz black coffee).

no, i have not tried this, nor my doctor even mentioned it ( i have never heard about it either) i already drink 2-3 cup of coffee a day they double shots( aint sure how much caffeine it equals too though.
but i will go see my doctor again ( shame i just went yesterday )
seems like they go by the name modavigil in australia and seems like the dosage is only 100mg (way more then 20 :( ), and on a side note will they affect my blood pressure a lot? forgot to mention i was taking atenolol a beta blocker(just wikied it and ill need to ask for something else since this drug is ineffective... (only provide better blood pressure number) but it doesnt help at all for the risk of stroke/heart attack..
thanks for your reply as well
wonder if medicare will cover for it
http://www.pbs.gov.au/medicine/item/8816B

The 20 mg was refering to the amphetamine dose

The actual study is https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18522689/

My statement was confusing what i meant was i take 200 mg of modafinil and it is subjectively much much less than potent then my amphetamine 55 mg.

What i meant to say is 200-400 mg is similar to amphetamine 20 mg and 600 mg in restoring psychomotor vigilance.

The reason i use 200 mg - 400 mg not the 400 mg in the study is because i dont believe there is strong evidence that doses above 200 mg are any more effective.

I have no idea about blood pressure never had high blood pressure in my life. So, i really cant help you there.

Marduk, son of Ea, slayer of Tiamat, bringer of storms, champion of the Babylonian pantheon, Opioids, actually are known to reduce testosterone. Your junk will literally shrink when using Opioids for a long period of time. They decrease everything associated with sex. I forgot about the existence of women for a good 3 years of my life. I know you're not actively using Opioids, but for my purposes, I would postulate that the depressant effect of most drugs will decrease sex-drive. Is this always directly related to Testosterone levels, maybe but I would bet money on it.

I think you're doing all of the proper things for yourself. It's a fairly well-known fact that Benzodiazepines are not to be prescribed for period longer that several weeks at most. Why? They more often than not stop "working" in the way you need them to, but you are left with a severe dependency upon Benzodiazepines. I honestly believe, and I've had quite a bit of experience with both of the drugs you are using, that your problem with Testosterone is probably a result of the drugs you're using.

I am unsure if this is a universal or very common symptom, but Pregabalin (Lyrica) actually increases my sex drive, but makes it difficult to come. This is entirely anecdotal, but consider it. We are all here for you. My inbox is open.

Marduk, son of Ea, slayer of Tiamat, bringer of storms, champion of the Babylonian pantheon, Opioids, actually are known to reduce testosterone. Your junk will literally shrink when using Opioids for a long period of time. They decrease everything associated with sex. I forgot about the existence of women for a good 3 years of my life. I know you're not actively using Opioids, but for my purposes, I would postulate that the depressant effect of most drugs will decrease sex-drive. Is this always directly related to Testosterone levels, maybe but I would bet money on it.

I think you're doing all of the proper things for yourself. It's a fairly well-known fact that Benzodiazepines are not to be prescribed for period longer that several weeks at most. Why? They more often than not stop "working" in the way you need them to, but you are left with a severe dependency upon Benzodiazepines. I honestly believe, and I've had quite a bit of experience with both of the drugs you are using, that your problem with Testosterone is probably a result of the drugs you're using.

I am unsure if this is a universal or very common symptom, but Pregabalin (Lyrica) actually increases my sex drive, but makes it difficult to come. This is entirely anecdotal, but consider it. We are all here for you. My inbox is open.
Hi thanks for the nice description of my name :)
thanks for your reply as well. I was on opiod for probably half a year until January this year, and i decided to stop, but i think it has been longer then that, that my energy levels are depleted, because sometimes i would go through a script rather quickly...
as for pregablin I dont find it to actually do anything sex drive related :( maybe my testosterone is too low still,I have no idea :p but im on 75mg a day of lyrica now, well approximately, i got script for 300s 150s 75s... but im just using the 300s and taking a bit of it, doesnt matter if its not really an accurate dose ;) i just want to get rid of them.
and as for the benzo, i consider myself dependant on it, more for sleeping then anxiety though, i take sometimes half or a whole 2mg tablet at night and dont seems to be needing any until i go to sleep the day after, but thats really the only med, i dont want ( my brain ) to stop, it was quite hard to get script for it at the beginning, :( but from 2-3x2mg to half a tablet to 1 tablet a day, i think thats really good !!!
and as to send you a message :p im stil la greenlighter, only been a lurker rather then a poster :p over the years