• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Tragic relationship ending. Need advice plz.

stay strong

sometimes you have to do whats best for you rather than follow short term emotionally motivated behaviours

thanks guys n gals. I officially have moved to the new town. start the new job on monday. all unpacked, too so i have ~6 days to decompress. doing a lot better now that i am here, but still dealing with the waves of emotions after a 5 year relationship. it'll prob keep happening for a long time too. but over all, i'm good. haven't used opiates since i moved here (3 days or so) and i'm fine. i have been taking 1-3 mg lorazepam daily tho (it's my prescription). i'll stop taking those frequently once i actually start the job and get acclimated to my surroundings. I think me and her might link back up in a few months and see what's up. only if it feels right. But right now i'm straight chillen in a great enviornment slowly sobering up and moving forward. SO excited to begin this job and once my hand heals up i'll be exercising again (fractured my hand a couple weeks ago lol) I am finally free.

Thats great LuciferSam, glad you stuck to your words and remained rational.
You deserve way more than what was going on.
All the best in your new city, job and wonerful as always to hear about sobriety.

Thanks y'all for the replies and the support. I feel the authenticity and I just wanted to relay that back to y'all. Something as simple as creating this thread has made an impact in my life during this transitional phase that i'm currently still experiencing. So first and foremost, I really want to thank everyone that contributed in this thread in any way shape or form. Seriously. Big or small, a gram or an ounce, a positive impact goes a distance. And I love how everyone has their own spin on things lol like Tombs
*Whole post meant to be read in rhythm to music from "Trapped in the Closet."
lol i certainly hope that isn't a true story but if it is, I’m sorry man. and EP158207 coming in clutch with advice. As did others, too. I probably should have just blogged this lol.
But for anyone reading this, take the time to pay it forward man. I'm genuinely grateful to have feel the support and love from this website. Especially when I had no one to talk to. Combined with this tragic love story. I feel very humbled and lucky. I mean i'm definitely lost and confused but meh it'll turn out one way or another. Anyways..I just wanted to express my sincerity to the BL public that it's ok to be sick or sad but the key is to stay open and to reach out because it's nothing but love and light here. And no matter how bad you think it can get, it can always get better. <3

So long story short I am working at a brokerage firm Monday- Friday. I take my series 7 & 63 exam on June 4th and if I pass, I’ll acquire my stockbrokers license and move into an RM regional account rep position handling/dealing directly with financial advisors who manage numerous amounts of clients accounts and portfolios. So grateful for the work opportunity. It has helped me channel my sadness into a constructive way. I am realizing I am secretly a nerd at heart and I’m never going to hide it again! :p Other than that, I still get hit with intense waves of sadness.
And well, the ex girl… I hope she’s doing good. I hope she is bettering herself and realizing the what matters to her. We text each other very rarely like 1 sentence check ups. And I know we are lying to each other when we say that we are doing good (in regards to getting over the emotional rut). Because, come on, we are all just flesh n bone with feelings towards that special (or once special) person. But the fact is that I miss her still and it’s okay. I’d love to at least let enough time pass to where we can become friends at the very least. But my primary focus is just to better my life and help others when I can.

Oh..also I found out one-night stands did NOT help fill any void in my opinion. I will spare that story for another time because wow was there depth, pain, and beauty wrapped between two strangers. She was a beautiful soul who in a weird, indirect way helped me find another missing piece to my puzzle. I’ll have to blog about that story. BUT All it did (at surface level) was give a brief satisfaction but set me back emotionally. Hey, I’m just been real lol.

So, I am focusing on how to fill my voids from drugs and sex to intimacy and love. Learning how to build healthy friendships. Its hard because I’m at ground zero with it all. I miss it all. And that’s okay.

My spare time consists of lots of writing (can you tell ), playing music, and studying. Weekends involve exploring bars downtown and skating around my neighborhood. Yea, that’s right. lol. I am picking up the board again!

Now that I am a bit more clearheaded than before, I can boil my dilemma down to a simplified version of a war of loneliness vs solitude.

My “social” goal is to go to one show (music or art) and one bar alone, once per week. So far, it’s been positive. I forgot how much of an extrovert I am.
I am doing this other new thing where I try my best in being honest and transparent with people. And ultimately just being me. Sorry for the sporadic wall of texts, if I have time tomorrow I’ll edit it to flow better.
Feel free to PM me any questions or concerns. Or if going through a breakup, anything similar, or just need some support.

Laugh, cry, reflect, and don't stop finding yourself. These two songs can further articulate myself without typing.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So I found out my girlfriend of ~5 years has been cheating on me. I had suspicions a few times in the passed couple months, but tonight I found out that it is for sure. She doesn't know that I know and I am not sure how i should go about this. She is currently at some dudes house.. like right now. She did not come home tonight. Last text i received was I am on my way home.
We live in the same apartment. I am definitely not trying to make it work. I am definitely not trying to have a blown out argument neither. Should I move all my stuff out within the next few days? Do I confront her about it? immediately when she gets home or wait it out? I don't know how to handle this. It is a vulnerable topic and It's heartbreaking. Please guys, any advice would be helpful.

Thanks guys,
LS

Tl:DR: I wouldn't like to sound rude or something, but trust me bro: only new love can "cure" the old one, so find another girls asap!