• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

searching for something that creates a "calm but focused & alert" effect

littlesmg88

Greenlighter
searching for something that creates a "calm but focused & alert" effect

is there anything out there to take that has a "calm but focused and alert" effect? Too often on my adderall and vyvanse I feel physically overstimulated but mentally lethargic and unclear, however L-theanine doesn't seem to work and even a small dose of my klonopin makes me drowsy but calm . I've been on my medications for 14 years and developed a high tolerance for both.

lower your amphetamine dose or try caffeine (less than 100mg)

lower your amphetamine dose or try caffeine (less than 100mg)

not good advice! plain stimulants just suck! if you need my advice, low hops, low % in general alcohol is what gives me calm but focused and alert effect IN MODERATE AMOUNTS that is. its both complex dynamic between stimulant and sedative, with later tiring you up quicker than either amphetamines or caffeine will ever do.

The only two drugs i could think of are nicotine and guanfacine.

However, ive taken guanfacine and its effects where basically nonsignificant compared to adderall ime.

Also dont smoke. I like nicotine gum. Also, the effects of nicotine are much less than adderall ime

O one more while not calming is modafinil or adrafinil. Ive taken modafinil and adrafinil but their effects are ime much less than adderall.

For me, cocaine fits this profile. The high is almost sedating. MDPV is also quite calm for me. However, I think it is a very bad idea to use these drugs daily.

Having a good balanced diet, exercising regularly, having a sexual partner and keeping the spiritual hygiene are the most important factors for being calm, focused and alert. ;)

You can also try nootropics - they're way less taxing on the body than conventional stims.

For calm stimulation try mixture of: 250mg Phenylpiracetam + 250mg Pramiracetam + 20mg Noopept + 1 gram of Taurine + 5g of Lecithin. Pretty much everyone who I gave this mixture felt really good and complimented it's effects.

Other combos might be even better, it depends on your body chemistry and lifestyle.

L-Theanine.

Oops, never mind, you mentioned it doesn't seem to work for you.

In combination with caffeine it feels like another drug (and I hate caffeine but its still great IMO)

FYI lowering caffeine dose in the presence of speed is like night and day. I literally almost feel like stage I-ish with the stim now

Propranolol and caffeine
Phenibut and caffeine
Both combos with or without lecithin ;)

I?ve found personally Moclobemide and especially Tranylcypromine are good for this too but probably should not be used strictly for this purpose as they are antidepressants with potential risks of hypertensive crisis and/or serotonin syndrome when mixed with certain foods and/or other drugs. Dr supervision only.

Propranolol and caffeine
Phenibut and caffeine
Both combos with or without lecithin ;)

I?ve found personally Moclobemide and especially Tranylcypromine are good for this too but probably should not be used strictly for this purpose as they are antidepressants with potential risks of hypertensive crisis and/or serotonin syndrome when mixed with certain foods and/or other drugs. Dr supervision only.

You could even try a lower dose of Adderall alongside Phenibut, since it's one of the few anxiolytics out there that don't make you drowsy (or "drunk feeling" at high doses). A beta-blocker like propranolol or atenolol might also help dampen many of the adrenergic side effects from amphetamines, although YMMV on that (neither of those really helped for me, nor did bisoprolol) and I'd suggest that you stick to low-medium doses because b-blockers have been known to sometimes cause dangerous paradoxical effects (hypertensive crises) when used in high doses in combination with stims.

As someone previously mentioned, (ar)/modafinil could be a good alternative, although if you are exceptionally sensitive to stims, even those have the potential to cause the typical stimulant-type side effects. If you do want to try these, start with just 100mg modafinil or 50-75mg armod in the morning for 2-3 days. If you start to feel bad during those days or have symptoms similar to those you described in this topic, just stop it cold turkey; you've got nothing to lose at that stage. If you feel no real effect, double the dose (200mg mod/150mg armod) and repeat the test; if you still feel nothing then you're a nonresponder, so just discontinue it. If it gives you what you're hoping for, then try to maintain that initial dose for as long as possible, only raising it when tolerance has really reared its ugly head and that dose no longer feels effective at all. Be careful not to fall into the trap I once fell into, where you assume that the dose you're taking is ineffective, but it's actually only because you've become psychologically accustomed to the effects, and those effects have just become part of what feeling "normal" is like for you. IME titrating up too quickly raises your tolerance must faster than maintaining a constant dose for a few weeks between increments (in that sense not unlike the Adderall you're taking, though I'm inclined to believe that all drugs with tolerance are like this - it's similar to a wave: the sharper and more sudden the rise, the stronger the opposing force afterward).

Finally, I caution you NEVER to mix MAOIs with amphetamines without supervision from a professional.

Last edited:
Caffeine with theanine has actually been shown to attenuate the jittery side-effects that make caffeine shitty IIRC. :) Without theanine, caffeine makes you more active but not technically more productive in terms of completing more tasks effectively. But with theanine it actually does make you more productive.

Took this combo today actually. :) I normally take dexamphetamine XR most days and this was actually a nice break from it. Took the caffeine in the form of coffee, don't know how much but it was plenty.