• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Incident at Walgreens, not sure how to feel RN.

Ketamania

Bluelight Crew
Okay, so this is a first.

Stopped at Walgreen today to see if I could find a product with solely DXM. I found Vicks Formula 44 (contains only DXM 15mg), and bought one bottle. I then proceeded to do some errands and returned a couple hours later to pick up a second bottle. I hoped for a different cashier, and there was a different one. However, this is when the incident occurred.

The African American lady who checked me out asked for an ID. I obliged, but then was told I 'could not' purchase this product (seeing as I am not 18 y/o yet). However, then the lady in line behind me offered to buy me what I needed. I said it was fine and I did not know that I could not legally purchase this product. However, the cashier then said "Ma'am, you don't want to do that. This is a strong medicine, and it has something in it."

This was pretty frustrating and embarrassing. First of all, (please correct me if I'm wrong) but you don't need to be 18+ to buy OTC medicine? Secondly, the first cashier did not ID me. It's not like I looked suspicious (I was sober, well dressed, clean cut). Oh well, I guess that's the last time I go to that Walgreens.

Last edited:
Yes I have been carded for this as well and I'm in my 30's mom looking type . They know people use it for getting high so they id people and I guess you can't buy more than a certain amount

Some fat bitch did this to me at Walgreens when I went in literally the day before and she sold it to me without carding me. Pathetic loser wage-slaves wanting to power trip for no reason. I was in my mid-20's at the time, and looked at least 21 but she claimed I looked under 18. If you're under 18, she maybe correct though, certain states have stricter laws when it comes to purchasing DXM, I'm not sure about TN. Just shop around until you find the right place, or order DXM cough gels off Amazon. If you use an Amazon gift card, you don't even have to be 18.

More and more states have enacted legislation restricting the sale of DXM to age 18+. A few years back, I was real sick and sent my 17 year old son to Dollar general for some cough syrup. The woman wouldn't sell it to him and she knew us so I was pissed having to drag myself into the store. You didn't say where you live but you can google it to be sure.