• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Ceramic vs Coils

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Atomizers for Vape Pens - Ceramic vs Coils : Which do you prefer and why? I am going to buy a ceramic atomizer soon unless someone tells me they suck big time. :D

Dry flower convection vaporizers are the epitome of cannabis consumption. Vape pens r poopy

for concentrates i have been loving my new ceramic donut... the quartz coils gunk up so quick!

for concentrates i have been loving my new ceramic donut... the quartz coils gunk up so quick!
What do the coils get gunked up with? I would think they would vaporize any extract that was clinging to them. So the ceramic donut huh? Gonna look it up. For starters I think I will buy the ceramic atomizer to put on my THISTHINGRIPS vape pen. 2 atomizers costs $25 I believe...one for indicas, one for sativas :)
(a few hours later)...OK I GUESS CERAMIC DONUT IS JUST THE NAME FOR A CERAMIC VAPE PEN BOWL? hehe, sorry caps

Last edited:
What do the coils get gunked up with? I would think they would vaporize any extract that was clinging to them. So the ceramic donut huh? Gonna look it up. For starters I think I will buy the ceramic atomizer to put on my THISTHINGRIPS vape pen. 2 atomizers costs $25 I believe...one for indicas, one for sativas :)
(a few hours later)...OK I GUESS CERAMIC DONUT IS JUST THE NAME FOR A CERAMIC VAPE PEN BOWL? hehe, sorry caps

Burnt concentrate, it's altogether too common with the quartz coils to go way too hard on the power to get big rips but the concentrate close to the coil carbonizes once it gets to a certain temp. The 'right' way to do it is with short intermittent bursts of power.

Ceramics have the advantage of heating up more slowly, which mitigates the burning a bit, but you can't get as big hits in general off of them.

I prefer using the quartz coils carefully because you can still get a rig-like hit out of them, especially the THISTHINGRIPS, even though you need to put like a quarter gram in the chamber for it to work optimally

Loving the ceramic Lynx Hypnos Zero I have. Great taste and great vape. Never seen the point in switching to a coil.

Loving the ceramic Lynx Hypnos Zero I have. Great taste and great vape. Never seen the point in switching to a coil.
:) today I bought 2ceramic atomizers. How full should I fill the chamber? With my coil setup, anything bigger than a grain of rice would end up splattered up the sides of the mouth piece, wasting endless extract. I tried a small chunk in the ceramic and it was hard to even ge it to smoke!

It seems like ceramic sucks, but I realize I may be doing something wrong. Charging up my battery to see if it was just way too low.

I use one of the highest settings on mine, sometimes burns it. I find less vapes better, in my unit if I put too much in it blows up and gets into the intake holes and stops me from inhaling. I've noticed a low battery really effects my ceramic chamber's ability to get hot enough though.

I use one of the highest settings on mine, sometimes burns it. I find less vapes better, in my unit if I put too much in it blows up and gets into the intake holes and stops me from inhaling. I've noticed a low battery really effects my ceramic chamber's ability to get hot enough though.
Thanks! I charged it up all the way and now it won't even heat up enough to melt a chunk :( I don't get it, shouldn't it basically heat up and vaporize extract? Aargh, I guess I'll return it tomorrow unless I can get another hit. I put my coil-type atomizer back on to make sure it wasn't the battery, but immediately got the giant hits I'm used to.

Aha! I realized that I probably need to buy the corresponding multi-temp battery (R Series Remix, the red package) that actually goes with these R Sries Remix ceramic atomizers. SMH (at myself). I am using the green package one from a couple years back. I will investigate that tomorrow. From some bad reviews I've seen about this "Remix" ceramic pen, I may be better off cutting my losses and sticking with my coil setup. To clarify, the company that makes this shit is called THISTHINGRIPS. I am starting to see how their game is to make you buy a bunch of different accessories.

^No complaints from me :) only 80 bucks too, very cost effective and of the highest quality.

Well I ordered a Linx HZ! Should be here by mon/tues! I'm hoping that the investment pays off by making my extracts go further. Or at least taste a bit better. Anyone else using the Link Hypnos Zero?

Let us know how you like it; I'll feel bad if you dislike it seeing as I gave it such high marks :\ I seriously love mine though. I've used it almost every day of the past year. They say you can't scrape anything in it to clean it, but I'll use a toothpick to scrape off burnt chunks from time to time when I do an iso alcohol soak.

Let us know how you like it; I'll feel bad if you dislike it seeing as I gave it such high marks
It got solid reviews from all the usual youtubeers, so i won't be blaming you for anything :) I know it will be a step up from my thisthingrips vape pen!

Update. Ordered two Atomizers for my Line Hypnos Zero and one was defective. I will update as I realize how legit their customer service is.

Linx vapes has great customer service! They exchanged my broken atomizer :)