Ostarine for Tendon Recovery?

Zalo

Bluelighter
From what I?ve been reading it seems like ostarine can be used to increase tendon healing. I?ve been dealing with tendon issues for years ever since I started lifting, and I want to get rid of them. I?ve tried many times just taking time off the gym after getting injured, lowering the weight and focusing on form, etc., but they always come back.

I?m thinking that I?ll run 10mg/day for 4 weeks. Studies seemed to use no more than 3mg, but anecdotally people tend to use 20-30mg/day. I?m only looking for tendon healing so I figured that I?d keep the dose lower than what people use to reduce potential sides.

I can?t seem to find any protocol for SARMs on bluelight though, so I?m not sure what to do to reduce as much harm as possible.

From the studies I?ve read ostarine doesn?t seem to affect FH, LSH, or free test. Mind you they used no more than 3mg so things may change at 10mg. It does, however, seem to lower SHBG and total test. I?m wondering if there?s something I could take to counteract this, or if I even should. Should I also have an AI and SERM on hand just in case? If so, would arimistane and toremifene be sufficient?

Last edited:
Which studies did you read? Ostarine will shut down your test production probably rather aggressively. Some SARMs appear to be much more potent at shutdown than regular AAS, as well as being inferior anabolics. Which is why you won't find protocols for their use here.

I'm not sure you're really going to experience much tendon recovery using a SARM or even an AAS, as while boosting local IGF-1 (which is their mechanism) can accelerate healing, it can also cause the rapid growth of the 'wrong kinds' of collagen, making the tendon more brittle.

To properly heal a tendon, you need to overload it under extension (the resist/eccentric/negative part of the rep). This will help to break down scar tissue and reorganise the collagen cells to properly align them along the direction of the tendon fibres.

I will say I have a lot of friends who have used ostarine for similar injuries and all reported that it did facilitate healing rather well for non vascular tissue. Don't have much experience there so can't comment myself although I did run it once but that wasn't my primary goal.

CFC does bring a good point about using the negative portion of a lift (with a very slow return to start position) to heal those types of injuries. I've used that method in the past with success alongside other rehab techniques

I will say I have a lot of friends who have used ostarine for similar injuries and all reported that it did facilitate healing rather well for non vascular tissue. Don't have much experience there so can't comment myself although I did run it once but that wasn't my primary goal.

CFC does bring a good point about using the negative portion of a lift (with a very slow return to start position) to heal those types of injuries. I've used that method in the past with success alongside other rehab techniques

Well, Here we go again, medically sound advice given here from a exceptionally experienced forum Moderator contradicted yet again by Swim15 quoting his many friends...

I'm getting pretty tired of you young man..!!

For clarification to other members he has claimed to be, among other things, a pharmacist, an international business executive, a supplement company product formulator, a sponsored athlete, a former national swim champion, a former steroid producer, is best friends with every pro and every pro's doctor, and of course is also now completing his PhD and all at the ripe old age of 24..!!

Still won't post up pic's of such amazing physique... What does that tell us..!!

Last edited:
From what I?ve been reading it seems like ostarine can be used to increase tendon healing. I?ve been dealing with tendon issues for years ever since I started lifting, and I want to get rid of them. I?ve tried many times just taking time off the gym after getting injured, lowering the weight and focusing on form, etc., but they always come back.

I?m thinking that I?ll run 10mg/day for 4 weeks. Studies seemed to use no more than 3mg, but anecdotally people tend to use 20-30mg/day. I?m only looking for tendon healing so I figured that I?d keep the dose lower than what people use to reduce potential sides.

I can?t seem to find any protocol for SARMs on bluelight though, so I?m not sure what to do to reduce as much harm as possible.

From the studies I?ve read ostarine doesn?t seem to affect FH, LSH, or free test. Mind you they used no more than 3mg so things may change at 10mg. It does, however, seem to lower SHBG and total test. I?m wondering if there?s something I could take to counteract this, or if I even should. Should I also have an AI and SERM on hand just in case? If so, would arimistane and toremifene be sufficient?

I have unfortunately suffered many tendon injuries over the years I have found This to be very sound advice:

I'm not sure you're really going to experience much tendon recovery using a SARM or even an AAS, as while boosting local IGF-1 (which is their mechanism) can accelerate healing, it can also cause the rapid growth of the 'wrong kinds' of collagen, making the tendon more brittle.

To properly heal a tendon, you need to overload it under extension (the resist/eccentric/negative part of the rep). This will help to break down scar tissue and reorganise the collagen cells to properly align them along the direction of the tendon fibers

Well, Here we go again, medically sound advice given here from a exceptionally experienced forum Moderator contradicted yet again by Swim15 quoting his many friends...

I'm getting pretty tired of you young man..!!

For clarification to other members he has claimed to be, among other things, a pharmacist, an international business executive, a supplement company product formulator, a sponsored athlete, a former national swim champion, a former steroid producer, is best friends with every pro and every pro's doctor, and of course is also now completing his PhD and all at the ripe old age of 24..!!

Still won't post up pic's of such amazing physique... What does that tell us..!!

Not quite sure what your issue is man. I was giving what I stated was anecdotal advice as some input since I tend to like to hear that type of thing when I ask questions about compounds. I would sure hope it wasn't taken as a medical study.

I have not claimed to be an international business executive but was in a global sales position at my last job. Haven't claimed to be a pharmacist but I am now back in pharmacy school. Sponsored athlete and involved in the supplement as an NPC competitor and formulator, yes. Nothing insanely drastic there though.

Even been staying in my own thread mostly since you don't seem to like any forum participation. Nobody here has to take anything I say with any seriousness whatsoever if they don't want to.

Not quite sure what your issue is man. I was giving what I stated was anecdotal advice as some input since I tend to like to hear that type of thing when I ask questions about compounds. I would sure hope it wasn't taken as a medical study.

I have not claimed to be an international business executive but was in a global sales position at my last job. Haven't claimed to be a pharmacist but I am now back in pharmacy school. Sponsored athlete and involved in the supplement as an NPC competitor and formulator, yes. Nothing insanely drastic there though.

Even been staying in my own thread mostly since you don't seem to like any forum participation. Nobody here has to take anything I say with any seriousness whatsoever if they don't want to.

Haven't claimed to be a pharmacist

Originally Posted by Swim15:
I work in pharmacy so I've filled every med she has ever gotten. So if I didn't fill it, I would have seen it with her living with me. Not to mention she asks me about every rx she gets before she takes it.

Haven't claimed to be a pharmacist

I do work in a pharmacy...those two things do nothing to contradict themselves, at least in the US. Both pharmacy school interns and pharmacy techs work in pharmacies besides the pharmacist...I worked as a tech for three years during undergrad doing my business degree

Man I'm just here to be part of a community and have open discussion with people, some of which are hopefully smarter than me.