• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Console Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Hey Patrick :)

i totally agree with you about Skyrim being a masterpiece (I agree with you on WoW too...I was addicted to that shit ;) ). I guess I've played hundreds of hours since it came out...add up all the elder scroll games, who knows how many months and years that would be haha.

i always play the first time through as an assassin/thief/ranged type build. That's just what I naturally gravitate to in these types of games. Usually second time I go as a heavy armor/tank/smith all that. Two totally different ways to experience the game. I've never been that in to magic on Skyrim for some reason.

if you don't mind, I'm going to move this to the console gamer thread. It's a consolidated conversation meant for stuff like this. If you'd rather it be it's own thread, just message me or something.

thanks for the post. Hope you stick around s&g :)

Skyrim's amazing, even after all these years. This post actually makes me want to revisit it some time soon.

So I was playing ARK: Survival Evolved on PS4 for months, but recently put it down due to a lack of new servers/players. Everyone's established everywhere, it seems. Anyone on here play?

Also just picked up Far Cry 5, lovin' it so far. It's nothing crazy, just more of the same from the franchise but fun nonetheless.

So this Xbox All Access thing is kind of intriguing.

Xbox One X/One S console
24 months Xbox Live
24 months Game Pass

you own it outright from the beginning, no money down. $22/$35 per month. Most deals like this, you end up paying more than retail by the end of your payments, but for this you'll actually pay less.

Yeah, definitely interested in the one x, I've got a one... but that 4k is tempting as hell.

So what's the deal with Fallout 76? Everyone was so pumped about it but I don't think it's doing very well?

So what's the deal with Fallout 76? Everyone was so pumped about it but I don't think it's doing very well?

Supposedly looks like shit, runs like shit, and is basically all fetch quests.

I don't care as much about the grafix, but the other stuff :!. I was considering making this my random splurge purchase but I guess not.

Maybe I'll get Red Dead Redemption 2.

Anyone here have It?

whats the online play like?

Maybe I'll get Red Dead Redemption 2.

Anyone here have It?

whats the online play like?

A bunch of god damn savages! Online is nuts, dude. Every lobby's got about half the people in it killing everyone on sight and then spending all their time chasing you down after you murder them in self-defense.

I've played with exactly two cool people with mics since the beta released for Ultimate Edition owners-- every other voice I hear is obnoxious as hell in that they're trying to explain everything without being asked or they're acting like they're the most ghetto, thugged out person from the most ghetto, thugged out place you can imagine.

I've had the most success with entering online with the free roam option and then starting an open-to-the-public posse-- that way I can go about my business and people randomly join up with me whenever they choose to quick join a posse, so I tend to have a little gang of 2-4 people riding around and helping out with the free roam missions.

It's fun, dude, don't get me wrong. I honestly liked the single player a bit more, but online's still being fine-tuned and it's already a great continuation of the single player mechanics. They really need to figure out a way to make entire sessions PvP or PvE and let players choose for themselves, because sometimes it gets annoying spending an hour and a half being chased down by a tryhard that's literally doing nothing but trying to kill people with no reward other than negative karma. Sometimes it's fun, though, you just won't make any money doing it.

Yeah, single player was amazing, haven't had a go at online yet

A bunch of god damn savages! Online is nuts, dude. Every lobby's got about half the people in it killing everyone on sight and then spending all their time chasing you down after you murder them in self-defense.

I've played with exactly two cool people with mics since the beta released for Ultimate Edition owners-- every other voice I hear is obnoxious as hell in that they're trying to explain everything without being asked or they're acting like they're the most ghetto, thugged out person from the most ghetto, thugged out place you can imagine.

I've had the most success with entering online with the free roam option and then starting an open-to-the-public posse-- that way I can go about my business and people randomly join up with me whenever they choose to quick join a posse, so I tend to have a little gang of 2-4 people riding around and helping out with the free roam missions.

It's fun, dude, don't get me wrong. I honestly liked the single player a bit more, but online's still being fine-tuned and it's already a great continuation of the single player mechanics. They really need to figure out a way to make entire sessions PvP or PvE and let players choose for themselves, because sometimes it gets annoying spending an hour and a half being chased down by a tryhard that's literally doing nothing but trying to kill people with no reward other than negative karma. Sometimes it's fun, though, you just won't make any money doing it.

Cool...thanks for the insight man. I still want to play this game, if only for the single player.

btw... has anyone played the newer Let's Go Pokemon titles on the switch? Im intrigued because it's the original 150, but not sure about the pokeball/catching system. Idk why they felt the need to change that.

One of my favorite games right now is Dead Cells, shit is addicting as hell and I play it everyday. I'm also playing Lost Sphere and I'm pretty into it, good RPG that is reminecent of the old school ones.

Just ordered a copy of the new Doom.
Pretty excited to check it out. I have a Nintendo Switch and I'm very happy with the system. It's great on the dock playing through the TV and the portability option is fantastic. Great for long car rides.

Can't wait for Mortal Kombat 11 :)