Sludge thread

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Without question it's (imho) the best style of "metal" (Well equal to old-skool Norwegian black metal)

This thread may sink so fast & then again it may keep going & then again I may be hated off here for posting it.

What's the best Sludge you ever come across? What you playing atm?

For me the best album I ever come across was Iron Monkey - Our Problem & one of the tracks I always go back to is this from Meth Drinker.

Dan Harrington from Fistula is without question one of the most nice folks I have chatted to & makes songs about Kenneth Douglas (Kenneth Douglas said he may have had sex with as many as 100 corpses during his time as an employee for the Hamilton County morgue, Ohio)
He used to make his wife give him oral sex after coming back from work & she moaned to his boss saying he "smelt weird, like rotting meat" when he came back from work.

I don't really know much sludge at all, I'm definitely keen to hear a bit more. Checking my collection, the only sludge band that I play a bit is Crowbar and I fucking love them. This song could sink ships. That building intro, holy fuck!

Not heavy but awesome nonetheless:

A UK band, they did 2 albums before a death from heroin that split them up. They are now back again with a new album & lineup but not as great as they were here.
Their music is pure filth sludge, the riff is just so catchy & mucky, that vocal too.....OMFG 8o

I like stoner doom (electric wizard, weed eater,, sleep etc) what'sifference between that and sludge?