• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Will the opioid epidemic spread to Europe?

Exactly mate, I was obviously generalising and there will be exceptions to the rule, but I maintain that overall happy people are not getting into a smack habit for a laugh. And there is a lot of data backing up that a large portion of drug addicts have mental illness. Getting data on how many have trauma in their past would be much more difficult (that's the kind of thing people will keep private unless they seek therapy which they're likely not doing if they use heroin to self-medicate) but if there isn't a significant overlap I'll smoke an ounce of spice on live stream.

And just think how many people get opiate scripts, take one pill, say it just made them feel sick so they're selling it or they leave it to gather dust until you ask to take it off their hands. I'm not sure about bandit up there but this is a common occurrence for me. I always get mates texting me saying they got prescribed so and so opiate and asking if I'm interested because they just don't like it.

I definitely think the kind of person who really likes opiates enough to pick up a habit is most often the kind of person who feels a sense of relief from them, same as with benzos.

Absolutely. I agree with you 100% and the data certainly does back you up.

I've known a lot of drug addicts, and most of us who have been through one serious addiction or another seem to have had some life experiences that have lead us to this place.

I did an inpatient detox once, and i noticed that everyone else in there was a really nice, kind person - but we'd all had fucked shit that had happened to us, so for one reason or another, we all met each other there, and kicked drugs together...

As consumer says, trauma is a big one - as well as depression and a whole host of other challenging mental or emotional stuff that people contend with.
Drug use isn't referred to as self medication for nothing :)

To me it's not controversial to suggest that addictive behaviours often result from being unhappy or troubled - in fact i know that my appreciation of opiates was directly linked to the sense of calm they gave me, especially when mental stuff related to trauma has been affecting me.
I think that opiates especially are alluring for people with anxiety issues - and of course that goes for benzos too, but i found that benzos tended to worsen my anxiety after a while.
And yeah, it's a well explored area of psychology. Some people are more susceptible to addiction to certain drugs than others.

Yep, agree with all the above. There's a reason that people feel the need to self medicate with opiates and/or benzos. If you think you're doing it just for 'fun' then you're in denial of the deeper issues in your life. However, it can take years or even decades before you are able to admit this. As Wilson x 2 mentions above, it's all about the relief. If you don't need the relief then you're unlikely to enjoy the effects of powerful depressants. When I first tasted smack, it was like I'd found what had been missing all my life. It took a further 30 years to realise I have a fuckin problem...

PS. Oi Consumer, you can stop egging my house now, easter's fuckin over...

Last edited:
But Wilson Wilson you've never had one yourself & you can show me as many reports as you want, the overall agenda of them will not be fair as to make the terrible heroin sound anything but a killer would get funding cut to the person that came up with it.

I'm not gonna drag this on as it's not fair to others on here, you have a view & I have mine, the difference is my view is backed up with 1st hand experience of the subject.

you have a view & I have mine, the difference is my view is backed up with 1st hand experience of the subject.

Mate having actual scientific research to back up your argument is far more legitimate than relying on anecdotes.

And besides I've told you, I am not ignorant about this in the real world, everyone I know who has had an opiate habit had an underlying issue.

you can show me as many reports as you want, the overall agenda of them will not be fair as to make the terrible heroin sound anything but a killer would get funding cut to the person that came up with it.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.

Are you trying to claim that linking heroin use to mental illness makes it look worse? If anything I'd say it's the opposite. It runs counter to the narrative that addicts are heartless and just out there fucking others over for fun, instead it suggests that addiction is something that should be treated as a health issue.

I think the point to emphasise is that some people are drawn to substances that help them deal with trauma and/or mental health issues (and just general unhappiness/depression) - and there's no shame in that.

I've never yet met a junkie (myself included) who I would describe as a happy, well adjusted and successful human being.

Jus' sayin' :)

Opioids do work very well long term for chronic pain for many people including myself. There are different opiates and different people have different kinds of pain with different things working for them. People in pain shouldnt be treated like shit drug seekers and left in pain if opiates work great for them just because our society frowns upon addicts

PS I am British and when I have enough money I'm gonna get a custom number plate saying 'OXY80MG' or something :D

That combination won't appear until 2080 ..... at the moment, we're using two letters for region, two digits for the year (plus 50 for plates issued in the second half of the year) and three letters for the variable bit. Giving something like MG 80 OXY. The last set of number plates like XX 99 XXX will be issued from September 2049. Then we'll probably change the order to (variable portion)-(year)-(region) in March 2050 (like how we changed from having the year letter at the end from 1963 till 1982, to having the year letter at the beginning in 1983); meaning OXY 80 MG will be valid in the early 2080 issue of registration numbers.

Um ..... I'll get my anorak .....

That combination won't appear until 2080 ..... at the moment, we're using two letters for region, two digits for the year (plus 50 for plates issued in the second half of the year) and three letters for the variable bit. Giving something like MG 80 OXY. The last set of number plates like XX 99 XXX will be issued from September 2049. Then we'll probably change the order to (variable portion)-(year)-(region) in March 2050 (like how we changed from having the year letter at the end from 1963 till 1982, to having the year letter at the beginning in 1983); meaning OXY 80 MG will be valid in the early 2080 issue of registration numbers.

Um ..... I'll get my anorak .....

Yeh, I would if I were you... ;)

If you buy one of the old style plates you could get "OXY 80" assuming no one else owns it. You could also get "80 MG" and there are plenty of plates that are half random like "E2 OXY" and so on which would be the cheapest.

Although going through a few of those custom plate sites it seems that neither OXY 80 or 80 MG is actually available to buy so someone else probably has 'em on a giant Merc already.

There was a Rolls Royce in the village where I grew up that had the number plate 'LSD 25'...

Fucking nice. I'd have that plate on one of those 60's VW vans drive around like a proper hippie.

Fuck, someone actually beat me to it :( maybe the epidemic has spread to us.. OXY 60 then? I couldn't go lower than OXY 40 and still respect myself hah

A Tesla fits both the drug dealer whip and good for the environment ticks haha

In the end the citizens of the USA are victims of an epidemic that was created by a number of factors, the culmination of which was a society where oxyxcodone was in such abundance that every other family medicine cabinet contained medicines containing the drug - largely ' normalising' its use as a recreational drug among people who were coming of age and who honestly did not realise the road they had started travelling down. This new trend of 'suburban' heroin addicts appears to have been largely created by the circumstances above and the snowball effect is obviously so great someone started this thread.

Of course, just in case that these hordes of young people had not been placed in enough danger already thanks to the greed of Purdue, one of the worlds most successful drug dealers....

(check out their excuse for a response the 'OPIOD EPIDEMIC' here - its obviously so high on the agenda that web users are automatically directed to read the statement upon visiting Purdue's home page)

...white 'no 4' type heroin in the country is now as often as is not, adulterated by novel opioids most of which are of course more dangerous than average high quality /purity heroin.

There is no precedent in the UK for this type of situation and other EU countries (Greece in particular) are even more reluctant to prescribe poppies (visitors to the country are warned not to even bring OTC co - codamol into the country as it is completely illegal.

Sorry for just firing off a random tl;dr but the local opiate epidemic has just hit my head for the first time since last week and it is quite literally the only thing capable of giving me pleasure at the moment alongside weed, but in order to get any benefit from either I have to limit my use to w/e's only. I recived my bud for the weekend last night so I have already had my head blown off by first spliff of the week, now this afternoon it's the first crank (and last as I'll smoke the other few bags while the iron is on the fire) and to continue any further is to invite too many positive descriptions of my current behaviour and mood.

I recently watched a mate destroy a load of oxynorm ampules. His friend died from cancer and it was leftover. Is funny because if you return them they get destroyed and you cant give them away as nobody knows what they are... plus every ampule was numbered so meds could be tracked... UK are keeping it tight. It also got me wondering if oxynorm is the new end of life drug due to a poppie shortage?

Oxycodone is still made from poppies - it's just thebaine-derived, rather than being made from morphine or codeine.

The lip service the US government pays to this epidemic is sickening. The way I see it, their response is not much different than the AIDS epidemic of Reagan in the 80's. They would prefer that we stop inconveniencing them and hurry up and die.