• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I Successfully detoxed from Heroin Using Kratom, Now what do I do?

Zapgunn

Bluelighter
I detoxed myself from Heroin using kratom. It was difficult, I still got sick, but the kratom helped sooo much (also had some diazepam). after about 4 days I stabilized on the kratom and started feeling pretty good when I take it.

Now I'm on day 8 with NO heroin! Im feeling pretty good about it, but I'm still taking kratom 2 times a day. Ive been addicted to kratom before and it was no fun, so even though right now its working well for me, I know if I keep on like this I will fall into that again. Obviously kratom addiction is much more manageable then heroin addiction, so if i had to choose one, it would be the kratom. But I want to be 100% clean from opioids, thats my goal.

Tapering is hard for me, but I'm trying to taper down. My plan was to stay on the kratom for only one week, but now there is a part of me that wonders if i should just stick to my normal dose of kratom. It takes away my urge to shoot dope, makes it easier for me to socialize with positive people in my life, and helps with the depression of early sobriety.

The cons are that sometimes feel kind of shitty in between dosages, I obsess about my next dose, and worry about withdrawals (kratom withdraewals are not as bad as heroin obviously, but they really, really suck in there own way) Plus I just don't feel sober, it still feels like Im relying on a substance to get through the day.

What should I do? DO I continue to take the kratom as maintenance? Quit cold turkey? try to Taper? Is it important that I quit now before the physical dependency of kratom really kicks in? Or is it too late for that? Im really lost and confused about what my next move should be, so if anyone has any advice or experience I would really appreciate it.

it might be a good idea to stay on it for a bit so that you get used to not injecting heroin everyday. The actual act i don't mean dependency wise.

no harm in staying on kratom for a little while.

I currently still dependent on a drug (lyrica) after stopping opioids and abusing lyrica. I would love to quit too but havn't really found the time to withdrawal so I'm just tapering lower and lower in the meantime

Stay busy. Explore your old hobbies. Get into weightlifting or hard exercise as that will make your body create a lot of endorphins. Eat right. Live life.

I'd tread very lightly with kratom... SO MANY people, myself included just wind up trading in one addiction for another. Granted, while kratom is relatively benign compared to your H habit and the massive oxy habit I used it to detox from, I regret it today, years later. It's a pain in the ass to quit...just like all of them. I am struggling as we speak. I used subs to kick my most recent oxy run, thinking I would strategically quit the kratom as well, and here I am choking down plant matter the last 3 days, giving in to cravings.

Maybe we just need to take time and suffer somewhat in order for our brains to rewire? I don't know. All I know is kratom is good, until it's not and it's just like anything else but cheaper and tastes worse.

I suggest tapering. Your body IS dependent on kratom and has been since your first dose because that is what is activating your ope receptors now. Your body is dependent on opiates, not just heroin...whatever it can get to get that feeling it craves. The good news is, it should be so much easier than if you were trying to taper dope or any other much harder drug. If tapering is too difficult for you (I can't ever do it...serious lack of discipline overt here), CT it. You will wd but it won't be anything like if you tried to CT from dope. You're moving in the right direction! Good job!

I detoxed myself from Heroin using kratom. It was difficult, I still got sick, but the kratom helped sooo much (also had some diazepam). after about 4 days I stabilized on the kratom and started feeling pretty good when I take it.

Now I'm on day 8 with NO heroin! Im feeling pretty good about it, but I'm still taking kratom 2 times a day. Ive been addicted to kratom before and it was no fun, so even though right now its working well for me, I know if I keep on like this I will fall into that again. Obviously kratom addiction is much more manageable then heroin addiction, so if i had to choose one, it would be the kratom. But I want to be 100% clean from opioids, thats my goal.

Tapering is hard for me, but I'm trying to taper down. My plan was to stay on the kratom for only one week, but now there is a part of me that wonders if i should just stick to my normal dose of kratom. It takes away my urge to shoot dope, makes it easier for me to socialize with positive people in my life, and helps with the depression of early sobriety.

The cons are that sometimes feel kind of shitty in between dosages, I obsess about my next dose, and worry about withdrawals (kratom withdraewals are not as bad as heroin obviously, but they really, really suck in there own way) Plus I just don't feel sober, it still feels like Im relying on a substance to get through the day.

What should I do? DO I continue to take the kratom as maintenance? Quit cold turkey? try to Taper? Is it important that I quit now before the physical dependency of kratom really kicks in? Or is it too late for that? Im really lost and confused about what my next move should be, so if anyone has any advice or experience I would really appreciate it.

May I ask how you detoxed using Kratom? Step by step process. I'm in the same boat and need to still be able to go to work the next 2 days. I've only been using heroin for about 3 weeks.

I'd start to taper down in the next week or two then step off cold turkey from there. It's important to relearn how to do things sober, like socialize and cope with depression. Long term use of kratom can have some pretty nasty side effects, and can be pretty hard on the liver from my understanding of it. Short term it seems relatively safe, but addiction, abuse and dependence are still potential problems. I wouldn't recommend staying on it longer than a month or so. It's more important to relearn how to go through life sober than momentary comfort is. Ultimately, it's what you will have to do if you truly want to be free of addiction.

Find some new things you like and do them. Change some habits. Easier said than done but sounds like you're there, bro.
Peace