• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anxiolytics compatible with mdma?

Inds

Bluelighter
So I've just about given up trying to find the right anti-anxiety because my physician wants to put me on SSRIs, a psychiatrist wants to put me on SSRIs and so did the pharmacist I recently consulted.
Is there any anxiolytic I can take regularly that won't take molly away from me? :(

Benzos work fine but they're not something I can take all the time.

Look into Neurontin (gabapentin) or Lyrica (pregabalin). I've personally taken MDMA + gabapentin before with no ill effects, but I've heard some nasty stuff about taking it long term - please do extensive research on it. I've read a bit about pregabalin + MDMA. Some people say it's fine. Others say it feels like a dangerous interaction, making them hallucinate, etc. I don't know that much about either of these drugs, but they could be potential options.

Hi goldenbongtokes, thanks for your answer. Can you describe what gabapentin has done for you anxiety-wise and also how it affected your rolls in more detail? Thanks.

How did you get gabapentin? I asked my doc and he said it's anti-seizure, not anti-anxiety so he refuses to prescribe it.

Posted this on another thread but I'll quote it here again,

Some of this might night apply to you and some may not because it was a direct copy and paste.

Maybe a short cycle of a weaker benzodiazepine such as temazepam would be a safer alternative but then again I don't have medical degrees therefore I cannot give you any accurate information on what drug is suitable for you only my own experiences and research.

I will say this with extreme caution but alprazolam sounds like it may be suitable for you, Also known as xanax on the street. It's a short acting benzodiazepine which had completely cured all of my 7-8 years of medically diagnosed mental health conditions. The conditions are as follows but beware they're extremely addictive and euphoric at first.

-Anxiety
-Agoraphobia
-Mood swings
-Insomnia
-Bowel issues (Caused by the agoraphobia and anxiety)
-Rare to mild depression (Easily managable, We all have our ups and down moments, I have a nice little quote on my profile if you'd like to take a read of it)

Unfortunately though because of how euphoric they were at first I went on a small binge and experienced some withdrawal symptoms. Well only 1 to be precise. It was experiencing extremely vivid nightmares. When I say vivid I mean it was like another parallel universe it was so surreal. Unlike anything else.

As of lately I have been abusing them recreationally because they're just such a relief from dealing with my mental health issues for 7-8 years. Now I'm tapering off a high recreational dose and am experiencing no side effects thankfully but the difficult part is when the drug is out of your system 5-7 days after your last dosage (The danger zone). The danger doesn't lie in taking them it lies in your control over using them and the side effects that can be as a result of going "cold turkey" or running out of a drug you're dependant on and in this case we're referring to alprazolam aka xanax.

I even have a doctors recommendation for my upcoming psychiatrist appointment for alprazolam and to be prescribed them which I think once again is my ticket into the door for this medication but I will treat it with the uttermost respect this time and only use it as required.

I believe without it eventually my brain will realise this is what it's like to behave and go out into public without symptoms of the ones mentioned above and when I did go cold turkey I was confidence inspired and it felt like taking alprazolam helped me immensely. Though for my 7-8 years of suffering I don't regret taking this. Only abusing it recreationally and they are strictly to be respected as a tool to train your brain. I know I'm a little contradictive in saying this because I developed a habbit/dependance I'm trying to taper off myself from now safely but a little quicker than normal.

They're difficult to get though and the only way you're going to get them is by being honest about your symptoms with your GP. You'll most likely have to go through a bunch of psychiatric sessions to be able to obtain them because here in Australia they're considered a schedule 8 controlled substance which means only psychiatrists can prescribe them.

Although I did manage to get my doctor to prescribe me some with no repeats which I think is my ticket into prescription alprazolam. Since pfizer the manufacturing company discontinued the production of alprazolam a while ago we have a generic version here called karma.

You sound a bit like myself though I have mild depression or rare depression but they wanted to put me on SSRI's. Take the script and be done with it. If you wish I'm not telling you to say this and highly advise you not to say this but I told my doctor they had no effect on me and I was experiencing a bunch of negative side effects from them despite not taking them because I know how bad they are from watching friends who take them which eventually lead onto anti psychotics (Not all the time). Told them I have tried multiple and they all do the same thing. This is because I feel MDMA is more beneficial and therapeutic for me to take. I told my doctor this and told him about reagent testing the MDMA I get and he agree's it's a good idea providing I reagent test my MDMA.

He did a quick google search and to my knowledge found nothing but positive feedback regarding MDMA and it's therapeutic benefits then we had a bit of a laugh.

I've asked multiple GP's and psychologists if they're bad to be dependant/prescribed and they all agree. You can ask for yourself and will most likely receive the same responses unless you have a corrupt doctor.

All they do is numb you do think of your happy days (peaks) and negative days (drops) as a chart but it's a rough guide on how they effect your emotions it was a quick 5 minute job I could have expressed better but you get the idea https://imgur.com/a/EKJfFbt.

Excuse the poor attempt at my explanation of how they interact with you emotions. I feel a part of life is being able to overcome your anxiety and mental health issues. Anyone can do it you just have to believe it. I did it for 7-8 years and when I was off xanax I felt more confidence inspired and less of how I used to feel when all these mental health problems were affecting me. It was like brain training as I have mentioned multiple times in this thread.

Most of my friends are taking SSRI's and they're just numb or either extremely different and weird. They still get depressed as fuck despite what the anti depressants are meant to help with. If you're not depressed you don't need SSRI's as far as I'm concerned.

Even if you are depressed you have to learn how to overcome these mental health issues because all these medications do is blanket yourself temporarily and once that blanket comes off all of these people aren't going to be able to cope because they don't understand how to deal with anxiety, depression and other mental health issues they're prescribed for.

Doctors love shoving SSRi's down peoples throats because they get paid to do that, Next time go to your local GP and have a look at the products he has in his office. Most of them are branded with the company's that manufature SSRI's.

I'm strictly against them, My best friend of 13 years just passed away to suicide and he was on anti depressants therefore I consider their use stupid as they're just as bad for you as heroin and cocaine as far as I'm concerned. They permanently change the chemical makeup on your brain and your 5ht receptors become dependant on them.

My sibling is currently being prescribed (I believe falsely diagnosed and prescribed SSRI's and she is depressed more than she is happy, I guess in saying this though they work for some people and they work for others. Just be aware of the long term effects of any medication and to extensive research and thinking before shoving a pill down your throat)

If I quote "my superiors at work are enacting disciplinary measures for my declining performance" you need to ask yourself the following questions below.

-Why is your performance declining, Is it because of the sleep/anxiety?
-Are you just not intererested in your career path currently?
-Have you got other external issues going on besides insomnia and anxiety?
-Anything else you would like to share?

PLUR Scatterday

I spoke to the pharmacist and he told me there's no evidence gabapentin does anything for anxiety. Anyone here care to prove me wrong? I'd like to hear your stories. You are all I've got now that this fucked up bureaucracy failed me.

Speak to multiple gp's and get their advice then return here with your findings.

You'll likely receive different feedback from everyone you speak to because as I've previously mentioned effects can be subjective from user to user.

5-mapd had an amazing, very natural extremely seronternergic effect on my mood when dealing with social interactions. Like a benzo version of mdma without that intense fiendish dopamine euphoria I get with MDMA. It was like magic in the same way benzos can just 100% lift up all of a person's anxiety. But way more empathetic in a psychedelic natural safe feeling way. Sure do miss it. They need to get clinical trials Started with it if they're doing MDMA that way. 5mapb right out the gate had extreme therapeutic effects on my thought processes.