Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2C-E / 8mg - rectally) - 3rd Time - Pleasant and Powerful Despite

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
(2C-E / 8mg - rectally) - 3rd Time - Pleasant and Powerful Despite

I considered taking 2C-E again with considerable trepidation, although all of my experiences so far have been positive. I have considered taking it several times in the last year, but I always decided not to. Knowing how strong it is intimidating, especially with its reputation for having a steep dosage response curve and knowing that my scale is at best accurate to 2mg. I have not yet decided to dilute the it into a liquid to dose it volumetrically, and I know the difference between 16mg orally and 18mg is substantial, and that the difference between 8mg and 10mg rectally is even greater. On two previous occasions, 7mg 2C-E rectally was taken with a friend; the intensity was comparable each time. My friend compared it to ~40mg of MAL in intensity for him. In other words, fairly strong. Minor itching and burning sensations of the skin could be eliminated with a single oral diphenhdyramine tablet. Duration was ~8-10hrs, plus a feeling of being off th next day that could be aborted by the use of a short acting 5-ht2a agonist like DMT.

Background:

Experience: Lots of classical and RC psychedelics, empathogens, dissociatives, stimulants, and depressants.
Mind state: hesitant, but positive. A little jittery from too much caffeine.
Stomach: ate a nasty taco bell breakfast burrito at ~9:45?
Setting: My comfortable home. It's a bit chilly indoors, as it's freezing outside
Blood pressure: It's been a bit high lately, possible as a result of the resumption of SAM-e for inflammation in my hip joints for which it worked exceedingly well. The serotonergic side effects are making me stupid, though, so I've decided to discontinue it before the inflammation was completely controlled.
Preparation: The house is clean and tidy, we have food and drink that is easy to prepare close at hand and music en queue; beds and comforters are at the ready if we get chilly. A shower is at hand if we get hot. Ibuprofen and acetominophen is available for headache. Magnesium is available for cramps. Ginger root, lemon oil, cannabis, and peppermint altoids ar availablel for gastic distress. Theobromine is available for vasoconstriction and blood pressure, as is hibiscus extract. I have benzodiazepines and/or alcohol for anxiety during comedown.

12:40pm - Weighed and reweighed the dose. Accidentally inhaled a tiny, tiny mote of 2C-E when closing the bag.

12:50 (+0:00) - Dosed rectally. Feeling a little jittery from the accidental nasal.

12:54 Alert. Nope, not an alert, this is the onset.

1:02 Already past the jitteriness I feel like. There's still a touch of residual stimulation, but this is now resembling the good 2C-E space I remember.

The rise was gradual over the next 45 minutes. While I was at a mild ++, my friend complained that it was weak sauce and that he wanted to redose with a few more milligrams; he was at an awkward somatic-only + that he was worried would disrupt his day without adding anything to it. I told him that the dosage was very carefully weighed, but he was concerned that he may have lost some during administration. I told him that he might have forgotten how gradual the climb to peak with phenethylamines can be when compared to 4-substituted tryptamines. I strongly suggested that he did not, especially since he had made that assumption incorrectly before with MAL. Also, the scale did not measure doses well below 4mg, and I didn't want to deal with leftovers from volumetric dosing with such a sticky material.

1:45 I was tripping a little harder at this point, possibly due to the accidental low-dose nasal bump. For some reason, his discontent weighed on me considerably. I found it hard to enjoy the space as I continued to come up, as I was concerned by his frustration. I lost my sense of empathy, unconsciously retreating inward to shield myself from his discontent. I stopped smiling, stopped interacting. I began to flirt with the edges of a downward spiral, not into madness but into a certain locked-in unhappiness. He curled up against me while I listened to upbeat ambient music, and after what I'm guessing was 20-30 minutes, my unhappiness and emotional discontent broke apart, mostly through persistent body contact. At this point, the trip was strengthening noticeably on the cerebral front. I was fairly dissociated from my body and kind of couch locked. I didn't feel inclined to move a musle. The visuals began, although they were quite subdued and played little or no part of the experience except to influence the feel of the space a bit--I often get stronger visuals from 5-MeO-MiPT. At this point, my friend settled in, curling up against me and getting lost in introspection.

VISUAL: Closed eye, there are muted rainbow swathes like a darker palette of mescaline. The color theme of 2c-e is black, purple or pink, and green. It's a dark color scheme. I could tell that this would be pretty spectacularly visual at higher doses, but I have no desire to put myself through the mental paces and body load to get that out of this. No, I feel like it's better for insight, maybe less naturally so than mushrooms, but it might be more reliable due to the greater clarity of my mental processes.

2-00 Time dilation was strong at this point and I couldn't access a clock, nor my notes (nor would I have wanted to.) The music was enhanced, but only slightly. I checked on my friend--he was climbing more strongly now, and was no longer concerned about this being a weak experience. We pushed ourselves out of our inclination to introversion to explore the erotic, as that always lifts our spirits. The experience was excellent for us both. We collapsed in a heap afterwards and were again lost in introspection and the sensations coursing through our bodies.

SOMATIC: The body high is an odd one, a sometimes pleasurable, sometimes odd shifting throughout my body--like a more intense version of the 2C-B cool porcelain vibe, this one is an itchy, zingy, tense, and smooth energy. The compound feels anerotic and introverted. It disconnects me, in part from my body and in part from others around me, although it can enhance tactile sensations quite a bit and orgasm is great. It reduces empathy. There can be moments of considerable somatic pleasure and strange euphoria, though, sensations that could become unbearably intense at higher dosages. I could see myself grinning uncontrollably in a slow moving full-body orgasm, but the bodyload and mental challenge that would accompany that are extremely intimidating. The last half of the experience was dominated by a heavy feeling of pleasure migrating ever so slowly throughout my body. There's some manageable muscle tension throughout, shifting all throughout my upper body from back to neck to jaw, etc; though cramping never occured, there were several close calls with my shoulders, neck, and arches. I could imagine it being unpleasant at higher doses. Dehydration is pretty strong, but I don't really want to drink much. I certainly didn't want to eat, but I was able to make myself eat some pizza and drink some India pale ales at the 4hr mark (which may with the have reduced the gas pressure along with some peppermints.) Faint headache present, but nothing troublesome. Nausea was faintly suggested at a few points during the peak, but never materialized. Slight headache which grew to be an annoyance by the +7:00 mark, and which was cleared up by one ibuprofen. I had some ear pressure which may have indicated hypertension, but I didn't test to see.

3-30 Post-peak already. It was a short acting peak, but enough to tell me that I don't need to push the dosage any higher with 2C-E. There's good stuff here, but the waters can be a little difficult. When up and about, I barely felt like I was at a +++, but when directing my attention inward listening to music, it was quite intense, though less so than on 2C-B. I decided to pursue erotic endeavors again now that my friend was peaking. The sex was fantastic, but unfortunately my friend started going down the rabbit hole during the sex. Afterwards, he needed a hot shower and a change of scenery to avoid going to some very dark places, he said. He also said it was the most psychologically productive sex of his life, but he was apparently distressed. I was able to shake myself down to a manageable level to address this mini crisis, so I guess I was at a ++. We went back to the futon, and put on some Foster the People, so that he had some anchoring lyrics and upbeat sounds to help him. I didn't much care for the minor key tonalty and angry, suicidal lyrics, but I was okay listening to it. After a while, at his suggestion, we put some pizza in and started to watch the movie Hairspray, because of its absurdist humor and unnaturally upbeat storyline. This was not how I wanted to spend the useful portion of the trip, but I was eager to do anything to help him avoid getting into a 2C-E funk, definitely somewhere I never want to explore if I can help it. It was a few minutes after we started watching the movie that, crisis seemingly averted, I realized that I was nowhere near out of the peak--I couldn't even process the English language lyrics of the songs. Time dilation had been strong up to this point, and continued to be for the next two or so hours, and the intensity kept coming and going in waves. Sometimes I just couldn't stop smiling. Towards the beginning, nothing could bring me to a genuine smile, but for the rest of the experience my face hurt from happiness. If we were both experiencing its "heaven or hell" character at this intensity at this dosage, then I don't feel the need to explore it further without real purpose. I now feel I understand what it can do and what it's to be used for, which was the goal of this endeavor. With that accomplished, I think I'm going to give it an indefinite break unless I need it, although I like the space a lot. It's intense and demands repect, at least at this dosage. I see why people don't often push it higher, unless they are the type who get all visuals and no psycholysis from this material. We spent most of the rest of the night watching Netflix and YouTube--not the most productive use of the space, but I was happy just seeing that my friend made it through intact.

7-15 Still nowhere near baseline, but haven't been peaking for a while

8:00 - Way more down than I was.

9:30 - Got hit by a huge wave of sleepiness, so I guess I'm basically down. My friend got hit with it at about the same time, said he felt like he was going to pass out. I thought it was just the beer getting to me, but I guess not. He fell asleep a few minutes later. I followed him and we fell asleep easily and slept soundly, waking refreshed. He had a couple intense CEVs before passing out, which was odd--I'd had the same thing happen with 2C-B the week before. I felt a little altered all the following day, but it was a pleasant afterglow. Some interesting insights and perspectives were available, although not about anything important. I decided not to drive a car today, at least not unless I take something to jostle my 5HT2a receptors a bit to get rid of the residual effects just in case it impairs my driving like MAL does the following day.

Conclusion:

Overall, it's hard for me to judge this experience. A lot of it was spent responding to my companion's experience, which had a deleterious effect on the quality of the experience. I'm not sure where it would have taken me in different circumstances. I didn't feel like it naturally pushed me towards insight, but I feel as though it was a space where insight could be accessed and worked through well due to it's simultaneous clarity and strong psycholysis. While I see it as having tremendous potential for enjoyment, I also see it as being quite treacherous to go into the space for hedonistic reasons. I was kind of hoping for some visual richness which never materialized. If it's like 2C-B, I guess I would have to take it nasally for that, and I have no intention of subjecting mysef to that degree of bodyload and pain and psychic turmoil just for that, even when slowly titrating up the nasal doses over the course of an hour.

Retrospective:

While I know that I've enjoyed my three experiences with 2C-E, I also am quite leery of its intensity. The bigger hesitation for me, though, is that I recall there being a 1-2 day awkward weird afterglow each time I took it, where I was just a little weird and socially awkward. Unlike other phenethylamine psychedelics, I feel like 2C-E really gets in deep into my psyche and scrambles it a bit like some tryptamines have the potential to do. That's not something I need in my life often, and when I do I generally go with materials that I feel are more benevolent and less neutral, materials that are easier and more intuitive to work with. Could this be good medicine? Absolutely. But it took me well over twenty experiences with 2C-B to figure out how to work with that space, and I don't have any interest in devoting that to unpacking the 2C-E space.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2ce
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome TR, Pfafffed, very detailed, I enjoy reading your TRs a lot! :)

I have not tried this gem of a chem yet and I am 100% sure I would love it...:D
I think I would treat it the same as I treat spiritual tryptamines and see how meditation and yoga affects it. Probably access the early childhood memories too.

Pfafffed, do you think orally administrated 2C-E would produce more or less body load effects? How are phens in general for you in terms of different ROAs?
The body load is suppose to be less when rectally taken but I have had it the other way around and some plugged phens had much more of negative sharp effects than when eaten, MAL being one example (interesting you mentioned it as I hardly ever see anyone using it :)).

Pfafffed, do you think orally administrated 2C-E would produce more or less body load effects? How are phens in general for you in terms of different ROAs? The body load is suppose to be less when rectally taken but I have had it the other way around and some plugged phens had much more of negative sharp effects than when eaten, MAL being one example (interesting you mentioned it as I hardly ever see anyone using it :)).

Thanks, Volsam! I think for most people 2C-E would definitely belong with the deep tryptamines, although despite its depth it always does keep me grounded in the mundane rather than the mystical. It's a weird juxtaposition considering the profundity of its space, but it does feel more mentally dementing like most 2C-xs -- it doesn't have the same feel of cosmic homecoming that I get from a lot of tryptamines. I actually think that might make it uniquely useful.

I have done a poor job of systematically comparing ROAs between PEAs, unfortunately. I hope to remedy that eventually. Prior to 2C-E, the PEA I had the most experience with was 2C-B. As I used it to learn how to make use of a 2C-x mental space, I started with oral, then rectal then nasal. Titrating up, I got to 35mg oral and was hardly overawed, yet the side-effects were starting to get aggravating. I tried rectal up to 18mg, which produced similar effects to oral, but the shorter come-up and especially the shorter period of residual stimulation were nice. The caustic tissue damage to my derriere was unpleasant, though. I still found myself mystified by its appeal. Insufflation turned out to be magical, finally showing off 2C-B's reputation for visuals, as well as more than a hint of its emotional, therapeutic and insightful side. I also experience vastly less cramping, muscle tension, and insomnia this way, although there's something about this molecule that can bring me close to panic during the steeeep insufflation comeup. Again though: caustic tissue damage. Still, insufflation is almost worth the blood boogers. As is frustratingly common for me, this runs completely contrary to most people's relationship to 2C-X ROAs. I constantly read that oral doses provide the deepest and most therapeutic experiences, while insufflation is easygoing eye candy. While most people seem to think that the time to reaching peak plasma concentrations isn't that important with 2C-Xs, if I so much as divide and stagger my 2C-B intranasal doses by 5 minutes to mitigate comeup anxiety, the experience is a lot more like shallow oral one rather than a truly psychedelic dose.

With 2C-E, I heard a lot about how awful the oral bodyload can be and how long the comeup is before I ever tried it. Based on my experience with 2C-B, I decided to go straight to rectal dosing, which I'm not bummed about. I considered (and still do) insufflation, but I've heard that the vast majority of people get much more severe bodyload on top of pain roughly 20x worse that of 2C-B (which isn't that bad.) Based on how jangley the 2C-B comeup, starting off a 2C-E experience like that would be horrible. I really don't think 2C-E would be as bad, but I have't cared to risk it either. Wth 2C-E, rectal really did check all of the boxes for manageable bodyload and rapid, pleasant entry into a satisfying space. The best tip I have come across for 2C-E bodyload, though, has been to pre-load with a diphenhydramine tablet.

I've since taken:
2C-D nasally (pointless,) orally, and rectally
2C-T-7 rectally
MAL insufflated (threshold) and orally
Mescaline orally and rectally (failure)
2C-T-2 orally, rectally, and insufflated
...and 2C-B a lot more times

I think my biggest takeaway has been that 2C-xs and 2C-T-xs have erratic dosage responses. It's really hard to for me to know if 27mg of 2C-B is going to bore me or if 30mg of 2C-D is going to surprise me with a full +++ (it happened.) So far it seems the 'escalines, 2C-B-Fly, DOx, and most tryptamines are easier for me to reliably dose. 2C-T-2 is the only one where I found every ROA worthy, but it's also not a 2C-x. Because I don't really know what I'm signing up for with the 2C-xs, I can see a lot of use in the rectal ROA. The effects are about the same as oral, but it's easier to titrate my dose up from an underdose to where I want to be and avoid surprises.

Come to think of it, I'm really surprised I never tried MAL rectally! I would have thought I would for sure, at the very least to shorten the comeup, reduce nausea, and conserve precious material. It's good to know that it's not great that way, though, before wasting any on that ROA. I always wanted to properly try insufflation, as the dosage is in the right range. My threshold test dose was pleasant enough, so I know it's active that way. While I guess I could titrate up reeeeally slowly, I'm just not super enthusiastic about testing out intranasal only to find out it's another 2C-T-7.

Awesome report.

Sometimes I found rectal 2cx more uncomfortable physically than oral though I suspect I didn't adjust dosing correctly for increased BA. Also, the quicker rocket ride to effects was sometimes too unnerving for me so I guess sometimes I'd "land" into the trip in a more unsettled mood than if I had dosed orally.

2c-e was some powerful stuff visually as well as mentally for me. Though I often found it, as it's often described, as more emotionless or 'cold' than other 2c-x.

This is why I enjoyed 2c-d more. High doses ( >100mg) of 2cd had a lot of the visual and mental aspects of 2c-e but with more of an emotional component akin to 2cb. Atleast for me. Plus it was less of a time commitment which is sometimes a plus.

2c-e was some powerful stuff visually as well as mentally for me. Though I often found it, as it's often described, as more emotionless or 'cold' than other 2c-x. This is why I enjoyed 2c-d more. High doses ( >100mg) of 2cd had a lot of the visual and mental aspects of 2c-e but with more of an emotional component akin to 2cb. Atleast for me. Plus it was less of a time commitment which is sometimes a plus.

Really?? I totally get the cold, neutral, and emotionless valence from 2C-E - that parallels my experiences pretty closely. I've heard others compare 2C-E to 2C-D before, but I always tried to excuse it away as biased expectations based on their structural similarities. I've never pushed oral 2C-D to 100mg before (although I've taken it rectally in staggered doses up to 35mg fwiw,) so I don't have your frame of reference, but still! Color me surprised. 2C-Dfeels very different than 2C-E to me. 2C-E seems serious and grounded, a deep pool that could easily become a psychological meat grinder. My one +++ experience on 2C-D, while intense, felt as breezy and light as cotton candy, positively effervescent. It took all of my attention, but never felt threatening in the slightest. I can't even begin to imagine ego death on that substance. Now you have me curious. :)