• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(AL-LAD / 225ug) - First Time - Fleeting Visions Surrender to Hyperanytical Doldrums

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
(AL-LAD / 225ug) - First Time -

Background:
In a good mood in good company. Ate well throughout the day, and am well rested. Experienced with classical and RC psychedelics, dissociatives, stimulants, depressants, and empathogens. A friend and I took the same dose. I have had 4-5 experiences with Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and extracts, as well as 4-5 experiences with LSD at low to moderate doses. Neither have been my cup of tea, so far appearing to be pleasant and light-duty, but uninsightful. I get a lot of gas, tension, cramping, and pain on comedown from them, and they always seem to overstay their welcome. I've heard good things about AL-LAD, so I'm willing to give it one decent shot to see if it might be more useful to me than LSD.

Timeline:
10:15 AM - Took tabs orally
10:30 AM - Onset
~11:00 AM - Peak
~1:00 PM - Plateau
~7:00 PM - Down

My friend's peak was another 2 hours longer, with the plateau lasting about six hours, as well. Maybe more. This is typical of lysergamides for him.

Summary:

The peak was very enjoyable. I could have taken more easily, but it was pleasantly visual. It reminded me of a stronger and more colorful version of 4-AcO-MET. Visuals were extravagantly beautiful and detailed, with lushly colored, moving oil painting of Imelda Marcos developing on the wall of my room at one point.

Mentally, I was extremely clear headed, even more so than on 4-AcO-MET. I could have functioned in public if I wanted to. My friend was having an equally pleasant experience, but his was almost entirely cerebral. Apart from some "swimmy" visuals, it was all cognitive in character.

As the peak concluded for me, the side effects quickly outweighed the rest. I became aware of the fairly strong jaw tension, which wasn't really an annoyance. What bothered me was the feeling that I was unable to get comfortable, brought on by the typical lysergamide back tension. This persisted for at least six more hours. I also experienced some gas, even a few minutes where the gas pain had me almost doubled over.

Given the lack of interesting cognitive components and the loss of the visual entertainment of the peak, I just settled into many long hours of nothing much of interest happening while my friend continued tripping. Were he not still high (and me not wanting to show my boredom and discomfort) I would have taken something else to ease me out of it. At some point, I took some N2O, which was fine but not memorable. I felt like I could bring something back, but my friend asked me a question while I was reintegrating and it was gone (not that there was much chance I could've anyway).

I considered other psychedelics, kratom, benzos, and MXE for the discomfort and boredom, but I wanted to stay on the same timeline and level as my friend, so that I wouldn't telegraph my boredom and diminish his experience. Eventually, many hours in, I dosed 10mg of MXE, which removed some of the discomfort and kept me lucid, but I think I would have liked to have taken more of that or something else even though that was the appropriate choice for the circumstances.

During the comedown, I became hyper-analytical, critiquing everything mercilessly. It was like I was a cynical middle schooler with no brain mouth-filter. I didn't even realize that it was a drug effect for hours. This analytical character was still apparent to me 24 hours after; my friend claimed to notice it for a day or two longer.

My friend seemed to like the experience very much while he was on it, although I did a poor job of not spoiling it for him. He had some interesting insights, some of which he seemed to have discarded later as misguided. In my impression, it REALLY seemed to play well with him, but a couple days after, he determined that in fact he really disliked it.

Summary:

I did not care for it, as there are better things with fewer side effects, although I'm sure that if that was all I had, I'd make use of it occasionally. The gastric and muscle cramping/tension were just too irritating for the low reward. I did notice that the dark side could be found and expressed in this material's character if chosen, but it was easy to walk away from. It seemed generally good natured, and I certainly enjoyed it more than my experiences with LSD, and better than most of my experiences with LSA. LSA's dreaminess and duration gives it an interesting feel, though. I would revisit it first simply because it's unusual, if not pleasant. Sleep would not have been easy if I had not waited until 13+ hours and several glasses of beer and wine to help me on my way.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_allad
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... That's sad to hear you didnt like AL-LAD. But its expected if you did not feel any magic from LSD as they are very similar molecularly and effects-wise.

I recommend you to try lower dose of AL-LAD (100-150mcg) mixed with about 30mg of MAL (Methallylescaline) - it was completely different (in a better way) IME than any of them taken separately and I liked that combo a lot (just wish I would still have some MAL left).

Closed eyes listening to music is awesome on AL-LAD, you must try it sometimes (I recommend to choose something organically psychedelic with no sharp beats)! ;)
Also quality Magnesium citrate preload is a must for AL-LAD for me as its quite vasoconstrictive IME, Arginine and Theobromine used as well.

I have noticed that in both TRs you posted recently, your attention was directed towards your friend's condition and his well-being, which is a noble action to do but when tripping it becomes apparent that everyone has different energy level and different ego strength (assertion power) and to even it all out it is best to do what You feel like doing and just have fun - the other party will eventually join in the process too. Maybe it wasnt the case for you guys though and I'm just doing self-projections8:)D

Strangely I do not experience strong analytical currents with AL-LAD. Have you tried 4-HO-EPT or Escaline?
Because those two are definite analytical thought process inducers IME! :)
I actually really like the hyper-analytical mode on psychs...8)

I recommend you to try lower dose of AL-LAD (100-150mcg) mixed with about 30mg of MAL (Methallylescaline) - it was completely different (in a better way) IME than any of them taken separately and I liked that combo a lot (just wish I would still have some MAL left).

I might do that - thanks for the suggestion. I do love MAL and I could see how the two might play very nicely together. Hopefully the empathogenic qualities of the MAL would antidote the hypercritical after-effects of the AL-LAD. Everyone must be wired differently, because MAL seemed like a treasure to me, particularly since so few people are acquainted with mescaline.

Closed eyes listening to music is awesome on AL-LAD, you must try it sometimes (I recommend to choose something organically psychedelic with no sharp beats)! ;)

I believe it! I don't have any notes from my experience about music enhancement, but one thing that I will say about LSD is that it is absolutely phenomenal for that.

Also quality Magnesium citrate preload is a must for AL-LAD for me as its quite vasoconstrictive IME, Arginine and Theobromine used as well.

Good call - I'll definitely pre-load with magnesium if I ever decide to venture again into lysergamide territory. I know to do with with PEAs, so I don't know why I didn't think to with AL-LAD just in case.

I have noticed that in both TRs you posted recently, your attention was directed towards your friend's condition and his well-being, which is a noble action to do but when tripping it becomes apparent that everyone has different energy level and different ego strength (assertion power) and to even it all out it is best to do what You feel like doing and just have fun - the other party will eventually join in the process too. Maybe it wasnt the case for you guys though and I'm just doing self-projections8:)D

Haha, yeah, these were all very old reports. I hadn't posted them earlier because (a) they involved interpersonal stuff, (b) were pretty ambivalent reflections, and (c) were less thorough and rich. Reading over my old reports, though, I realized that I was selectively pruning out glowing ones. Since on average I go for common over strong or heavy experiences these days, the most noteworthy ones are often the idiosyncratic reactions where I experience fluke strong reactions (see recent posts on 2C-D or 4-AcO-EPT.) I wanted to remedy that by posting some more representative reports, even if they were kind of boring by comparison.

Strangely I do not experience strong analytical currents with AL-LAD. Have you tried 4-HO-EPT or Escaline? Because those two are definite analytical thought process inducers IME! :) I actually really like the hyper-analytical mode on psychs...8)

I've got no experience with escaline, and just one experience with 4-AcO-EPT. Interestingly, I didn't find that first experience with 4-AcO-EPT to be analytical, but I was a little surprised by how strong the experience ended up being for me. I've been meaning to revisit it at a threshold dose and titrate up to see what it has to offer. I actually think the analytical character of AL-LAD might be a perk if I were interested in microdosing, but my 225ug experience left me acting quite uncharacteristically judgmental.