View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin Mushrooms for Depression

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
My plan is take mushrooms once every four months.

I?ve had nearly half dozen mushroom trips over the past 2 years, all my trips aside from one have induced positive changes in my outlook for a short time. The one bad experience i had was my first trip, a poorly planned night, mostly with people i barely knew and at over 3 grams which i knew would be too much for the situation. My choice dose is 2-2.5 grams of dried liberty caps, just enough to induce psychedelia and allow me to see life through a positive lense but not enough to cause runaway thought loops.

Has anyone tried consistent, spread out, trips to improve their life? Is this going to burn me out if stretched over years?

Thank you tubbs. Looks like the article you linked was referencing another article that references a separate study and trial conducted in late 2016.

The study involved easing end of life suffering in cancer patients and i have absolutely no doubts that mushrooms have this capability as i have experienced similar short term relief.

The trial seems to be laying the the ground work for more studies into the long term use and effects of mushrooms for major depression. I would love to see what conclusions these scientists can reach in the upcoming years, it?s a shame this research took so long to get rolling.

Thought I had linked the other one, was dated late October of last year.

They talk about how, psilocybin sort of "resets" the part of the brain causing depression, which leads to relief.