• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapering off heroin

Dan2573

Greenlighter
So this is just a quick question to see what more experienced people might think. I have been doing heroin now for 3 years and its time to quit. Ive tried quitting in the past but obviously have failed. I do 1 bundle a day which is 10 bags. Now ive actually weighed just the powder without the paper baggies and the dope itself weighs anywhere between (. 29-.36 grams) which if im not mistaking is not a lot when you talk just about the mathematical weight. Anyways if i were to wein down from 10 bags a day to 5 bags a day for a week each time down then to 3 bags a day, would my withdrawals be the same or less?

Is there any other opiate you have available to taper with? If you have the willpower to taper with heroin that?s great but there?s still the problem of the varying potency. You might get some hot bags that?ll fuck up your taper or some weak bags that leave you in heavy withdrawals.

It?s definitely possible to taper down with heroin, it?s just less than ideal to say the least. Congrats on wanting to quit, I wish you luck.

Tapering short acting opioids is hard and even moreso with heroin because of varying potency. You'd be better off tapering with suboxone or methadone or really any opiate other than heroin (even medical grade diamorphine would be be better). If you really cant get anything else I would still give it a go. Just keep in mind you are going to need a lot of willpower and also, as above poster said, potency can fuck things up. Good luck.

Last edited:
Quitting after using 10 bags for years is damn hard. As mentioned earlier, long-acting opioids are probably better suited for tapering off.

Nevertheless, H can be used to taper. I always find it helpful to taper very slowly and not use through smoking/iv. That way the craving for more is less than after a shot. You could take a certain amount of heroin and dissolve it in (acidic) water for oral use. Everytime you feel that the withdrawal gets too intense, you can drink a glass of this "tea" and will be ok again for 8 hours.

It's important to use a ROA that doesn't give you a rush, so you feel less temptation...

If you IV, you should switch to snorting it. And snorting less each day. It would help if you could get your hands on hydrocodone/percocets after you dope is done. Then take that when you feel withdrawals, but taper on those as well. You'll still go through withdrawal, but it won't be so severe. I hope you can get through it man.

I know this is really beside the point, but you are really getting screwed if your bundles don't even weight half a gram. That sounds like how the white kids operate the Heroin market up here in Vermont. The city-folks from my neck of the woods bring up the product and divvy it out to lower level white distributors. It can then change hands several times between different group of white addicts. This is typically how bundles end up weighing .4.

Anyway, the fact that your bags are light could be a blessing in disguise, as you now have less ground to cover in terms of your cessation and withdrawal. I appreciate the fact that you want to taper using only your drug of choice, but I would highly suggest acquiring some basic medications that can help mititgate some of the more severe symptoms and in turn, make your success ultimately more likely.

I will throw out a few medications. Before I give you a ton of explanations and definitions, let me know what you know about these mess.

Gabapnetin (Neurontin) Pregabalin (Lyrica) Clonidine (Catapres) Melatonin (OTC) Loperamide (Immodium) Cannabis

Some of these are obvious and some are more obscure. If you choose to incorporate things like Benzodiazepines, that is your choice, You obviously would be bringing in the potential for more dependence and addiction, but they work like a charm. If I had a choice of any medications and I mean any, I would choose either Gabapentin or Pregabalin over all else.

Get back to me! Send me a private message also, if you would rather go about this in private.

Wow! That's just horrible .4 for a bundle. One time I got a bundle that was light, but that was when I was starting it and called the guy back to curse him out. It sucked so badly. Then I got the good hookups in my city. But I don't do that anymore, nor do I want to.