• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenylisopropylethanamides

clubcard

Bluelighter
I just fell over a number of papers in which the N-acetyl derivatives of PPA, (meth)amphetamine and phentermines are studied as anti-cancer prodrugs. 'The amide bond that formed was designed for hydrolysis by cathepsin B, a protease associated with rapidly growing and metastatic carcinomas'. Now I find that interesting It certainly doesn't lead to central activity but on the other hand, there exist very simple methods to carry out such a hydrolysis. I'm certainly no fan of the actives but if these things are doing the rounds, it's only reasonable to point out that a new set of potential precursors needs careful watching. I remain surprised that nobody (AFAIK) is marketing them as such which is either because they don't think their is a market or because it's feeding large-scale clandestine synthesis.

Every time I see an NMR from a home-lab, I cringe. Seriously, the stuff is so often so very dubious..

Can i have study citation? Never heard of this and sounds interesting (not in clandestine meth lab view; just curious about mechanism of how they work after getting hydrolyzed at their target)